It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 4 documentaries on Afghanistan war and Afghani child drug addicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just let the 4 adverts run for a couple of mins before it plays the actual video. Sorry about embedding not working, although they work on direct link.

Dispatches joins the US Marines for Operation Mushtaraq, gaining intimate, intense and personal access to their dangerous mission to liberate the strategically vital Afghan town of Marjah. Contains scenes that may disturb some viewers.

While the world's focus is on the fight against the Taliban, Unreported World reveals a hidden result of the conflict in Afghanistan: a huge rise in the number of children addicted to opium and heroin in a country now said to have the youngest drug addicted population in the world.

Reporter Ramita Navai and director Matt Haan discover a lost generation where babies, toddlers and teenagers are hooked on drugs as the only way to escape the pain, hunger and psychological effects of war.

The effects of this war are slowly being fed back thru' to us back home, and it makes me feel sad. Especially the helpless kids and the civilians being bribed with thick wads of dollars after airstrikes or mortars destroy their home and kill their family.... as if 50k would soothe the pain of seeing your kids and wife getting blown up! What are they supposed to spend that money on anyway when they can barely get the basics for survival!? It's no wonder some of them do join the Taliban or other insurgent forces....

I doubt any country in the world would want foreign troops patrolling, driving heavy vehicles thru' their town.

This is where our taxes go to destroy, bribe civilians and then the war contractors profit from it all and the rebuilding afterwards. War is a racket and these engineered wars need to stop.

And no doubt the Afghan govt. banned poppy growing so they could control the majority of the market themselves, whilst selling back to the Afghan civilians.

Do US soldiers really enjoy killing that much or are we seeing some extremes on the video??? Bang... headshot... it ain't a computer game.
edit on 9-10-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Sadly i cant view the video here in Germany, because of copyright and related rights from Channel 4.
Got a different link???

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video yet, but I will do in a bit.

But I just feel sad, reading about it in your post.

There's no justification for war in Afghanistan anymore....I feel ashamed of my country's participation in it.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I watched that documentary, the worst thing for me was the fact that the Afghan troops were effectively used as human shields. One was forced to kick a door and clear behind a wall, clearly something that he had not been trained to do, and instead of teaching the soldier the right way to do it a Marine instead pushed him through it; endangering both of them.

These are your allies and they’re meant to be your friends, not decoys and cannon fodder, I can only imagine how those Afghan soldiers felt. It’s this kind of thing that makes people become rogue agents. Many of the Marines displayed a very unprofessional attitude pretty much throughout.

I’m not even going to get started on C hitting a house which they had previously told an Afghan family to wait inside.

top topics

join