It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Whatever you say chief. Kcomplex explained it in the best way. All you need to do is some research, and you will find the answers to your questions. I am not here to write an essay, so don't expect me to treat this forum in a formal manner. It is not a formal environment.

If people are interested in the Mayan civilization, you can find an in-depth examination of the civilization at a college library. All you need to do is go there, and you can find TONS of books and reflections about this time period. Don't forget to look up information about how the Spanish invasion changed their society, and how it psychologically impacted Mayan art and architecture.

edit on 9-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot a good one from Mystery of the Gods, don't know if it's really art though. According to ancient legend, a powerful warrior came to these people and demonstrated his unmatched power, lived with them for decades, and then left them forever, and was remembered as a God. He wore a "bull" the legend says. This simple culture still performs a ritual which depicts this warrior and the suit he wore. These pictures are from some of those rituals (real astronauts are seen on the right in the last two for comparison):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb46f47fe0b4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eb79fd98c6d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70cb95be63c8.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

As if they had photography back then.

*facepalm*

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Is that a serious comment, surely you read this line:

This simple culture still performs a ritual which depicts this warrior and the suit he wore.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Seems to me that you would get pretty uncomfortable wearing a space suit for decades.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Is that a serious comment, surely you read this line:.

I will have to research this myself.

What other keywords should I use?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Interest CHAOS.

Makes you wonder if maybe they saw the future us time traveling back in time to obverve them...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kcomplex

According to the legend, he could take off his suit. And actually he did to prove his strength without the suit. We can only speculate as to what the suit was for, but it certainly is odd.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
reply to post by Phage

Phage,

How can a black hole be so massive that nothing can escape it and yet the "singularity" before the Big Bang contained all the mass of the universe...yet it wasn't massive enough to keep mass or light from escaping?

Why burn calories asking Phage questions that cannot be answered by Phage, unless this is a rhetorical question just to invoke thought?

QuantumDisciple,
What is the measurable degree of separation between conscious sentients and a singularity?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I was hoping he would be intelligent enough to answer in the same way I'll answer your question, "I do not know."
edit on 9-10-2010 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by CHA0S

As if they had photography back then.

*facepalm*

LOL here too, but seriously, Section they did not have Sony HDD Cams, however if you study this theme in depth you will quickly find that depictions of "many inexplicable an unworldly phenomena" have been recorded and are still being presented in various rituals and forms of art and in almost every known and unknown culture and civilization including within the context of all religious texts and beliefs throughout history.
Not all are going to be pure evidence or factual confirmation of ET involvement of our evolution but some certainly could be.
I would suggest, that even if just one of these were a smoking gun to prove "outside influence in any form" the implications would be have a huge impact on the entire human race fro generations to come.
The outcome of which is so precarious I can in some way understand that a total disclosure could cause havoc on a global scale, hence the continuous denial from TPTB..
It would literally upset the whole balance of our society and carry unpredictable consequences.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

all i am interested in at the moment is the records that come with these paintings, i doubt there are records to ALL the paintings in the O.P., but i do believe there may be some to the more recent paintings ie 1500's AD etc. all i am interested in is finding the part's where the artists tells us what the object is in their painting, because without it we have no clue why they painted it, creativeness or just painting something they saw.

so i really do not understand why i need to read up solely on mayans or the spanish invasion if you claim the artists had journals which explain their paintings. all i need is access to the journals, if it is possible.

thank you for the pointers though, just so you know all i am trying to do is establish the verifiable facts, regardless of my beliefs.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

But to say a gold figurine is a UFO and it can't be a bug or a fish is not open-minded.

What kind of insect, bug or fish? What type of animal do these figurines most closely resemble?

I have not seen anything in the natural world that reflect attributes represented in these figurines, if such a creature exists for comparison, please share some pictures of it for comparison.

Maybe these gold "toys" were the equivalent of bathtub rubber ducks???

Could be true....

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by manalien

I remember hearing a story about a meeting that took place in the 1950's at a Califonia AF Base between aliens and Eisenhower accompanied by other military officials. Supposedly, at some point during this meet and greet the aliens busted out a holographic video of Jesus being crucified. I wonder what the look on all of their faces was when they watched that...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Isn't this the real issue? No one has proof one way or the other? So what we know or don't know pretty much equals out right?

Of course this is reasonable. As for Phage admiting he dosn't know everything about the universe? Well,
you must of caught him on a good day.
Kidding Phage, Just kidding.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
great thread chaos and i do agree with you. of course debunkers are gonna come along but there is just too much evidence to say aliens have never visited earth. what are your thoughts about the ancient sumerians and the annunaki? do you believe they created humans to be slaves to mine for gold?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe The Earth is the Goldilocks planet of our ancient ancestors,
a human Terraform project, all the myths point to something "not of this earth"
whether it be God or Alien.
just a stepping stone.....

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kbear

I'm not exactly sure what they created us for, but I do suspect they did in fact "create" us. Or probably mixed some of their DNA with some early primate DNA to give us self-awareness. We will look into the Sumerian tablets and other things in more detail in the coming parts.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head either.

Perhaps the gold figurines were first place trophies for a annual contest amoungst the tribe. Every year they built flying devices out of leaves and other materials found in the jungle. Whoever built the farest flying "airplane" won a little trophy. The tribe jewelry maker would make the trophies based on the model that won. I always wondered if the Egyptians ever made paper airplanes out of papyrus and threw them off the Great Pyramid. Or did paper airplanes cease to exist before man's first flight?

Hmmm, I bet the pyramid would've been tougher to climb if it was plastered smooth.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by manalien

I remember hearing a story about a meeting that took place in the 1950's at a Califonia AF Base between aliens and Eisenhower accompanied by other military officials. Supposedly, at some point during this meet and greet the aliens busted out a holographic video of Jesus being crucified. I wonder what the look on all of their faces was when they watched that...

Right,
Well I distinctly remember sitting in my garden as a kid brainstorming with my mate about how cool it would be to have a "communicator" like Cpt Kirk

Now, many years later, I have the equivalent of exactly one of those cool toys, the only thing it cant do is "beam me anywhere"

My point being, I sometimes wonder if the technology we possess today is old school?
Maybe the TPTB are having the last laugh on us mere peasants

Perhaps we are just like the kids that still somehow believe in Santa Claus expecting our x-mas wishes to be granted in the form of "disclosure" tumbling down the chimney while the grown ups (tptb) are playing with the BIG BOYS TOYS we can only dream of because "they" believe we are are not old enough to play with them.
Maybe they are right, but we all grow up sometimes...and as we grow up, little by little, every now and then we might "suspect" a bigger picture and get quick sneek peek at things we should not be seeing and then we start asking those inconvenient questions, about things "we don't need to know yet"..
Then, when we see our buddies at playtime, we start to discuss amongst ourselves trying desperately to figure out what the grown-ups are up to and decipher all the bits of information we have gathered.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join