learn more

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

A great post, thanks for presenting the artwork together. I was recently in Florence admiring the frescos and paintings contained in the churches and museums of this culture rich city and I must confess that looking at the imagary with 'ATS' eyes really does open up some potential hidden messages. It is widely known that artists embedded hidden political messages and I believe that they contain some very detailed historical facts.

With any artwork representing the sky I am always drawn to the conclusion that astronomical events that could have been witnessed by the painter of the time and influenced the image (such as exploding stars, shooting stars, eclipses and the like). That said the ancient drawings of spacesuits and modern day aircraft do warrent further analysis.

S+F

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is all nonsense crazy talk! Those eyewitness reports mean nothing to them. I mean really, those artist never once thought they would be brought up on charges for heresy by painting those pictures??????

Since they can't depose the painters they discount those pictures as ancient quacks on morphine.

Brother, no matter what you do they will never believe until they actually see it for themselves. Which I find quite odd. NONE of them have ever seen the core of the Earth or a Black Hole. Yet, they believe in both.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just had a fleeting thought when looking at the helicopter and whatnot. Could this be proof of re-incarnation? Maybe these folks were having regressed memories and whatnot.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
you really should remove the ones by crivelli and ucello. Those are symbols of god/holy spirit. Typical research into art history would tell you that

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As has been pointed out, the religious art of the middle ages is rife with specific symbolism. Without an understanding of that symbolism it is easy to make guesses about what is depicted but it's easy for those guesses to be wrong. Something that puzzles me about the UFO interpretations in this art is that these are artistic renderings of biblical events. Where in the stories which inspired the art are the UFOs?
This isn't a matter of interpretation or guess work, this is simply looking at what facts are telling us. Sure, a few of these may not have any alien inspiration, but it's clear these trends and synchronicity seen in art from all around the world is something more than mere symbolism. What are the origins of the symbolism? You can try to debunk some of this art by showing that variations of that art piece seem to depict more "sensible" things, and so therefore the picture depicting the UFO type object or the astronaut type guy are just symbolism for something which can be seen in other art. It's actually the other way around. And there are many texts which contain these stories, you'll need to wait for that part of the series! But the mainstream texts we teach and study have usually been edited and mistranslated to a fair degree.

For me, the Aztec objects bear a stylized resemblance to the family of fish, rhinobatidae, more than any aircraft I've ever seen. The arrangement of the empennage does not really make sense from an aerodynamic standpoint, with the horizontal stabilizer positioned so far forward of the vertical. Yes, it can be made to fly, but so can a lawn mower.
Are you serious? These things fly like they were made to fly, we aren't talking about a freakin lawnmower here, that's a sad comparison and degrades the value of the evidence in an invalid way. Can you share some pictures of these fish? I'm interested.

reply to post by aew14

Originally posted by aew14
you really should remove the ones by crivelli and ucello. Those are symbols of god/holy spirit. Typical research into art history would tell you that
Please refer to the above response to Phage. The symbols do have an origin, they look like that for a reason.

reply to post by Signals

I've had a look over the video, and I think the above response applies here also. The website he reads from is actually used as one of my sources for several pictures. Just because you can show similar symbolism that doesn't relate to aliens, doesn't mean it didn't derive from alien inspiration.
edit on 9/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by CHA0S

I can see merit behind such philosophical debate; however, I have a simple question for everyone. If modern mankind can make books of science-fiction and mythologies, what would stop a future society from not believing they were real events, places, and people?

Majority of the symbolism found in art, sculptures, and engravings comes from mythological and superstitious stories, which they have been passing down from one generation to the next.

Because there has to be a "ground" in reality for the topic you wish to write fiction about. You cannot write fiction, unless some components in the work have atleast small corns of reality.

Here is a story that I like, from Daniken's childhood and when he was in class one day and their teacher wanted them to draw a picture of a Castle in the Sky. This day the class had two new kids in class from Russia.
After the teachers request, the two Russian boys answered; "We can't." The teacher was confused and asked why they couldn't draw the requested picture. The young men then answered that they couldn't draw a picture of Castle in the Sky as they hadn't even seen one.

Quite smart answer, huh?

That said, one cannot help but consider textdrafts from- for instance- the Mahbharata, such as this one; "Bhisma flew with his Vimana on an enormous ray which was as brilliant as the sun and made a noise like the thunder of a storm."

Why is ancient texts describing jet-planes? Because the writers actually saw them?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I wished people knew more about art, design, and architectural history, and their significance to the people who lived during those time periods. Since I already know about these subjects, I find it hard to share such knowledge with people who have not. I don't mean to offend anyone's intelligence, for I know it is all about obtaining such information.

When I see spirits hovering in clouds while sitting cross legged, my first initial thoughts will be based upon Buddhism. It has to do with their religious beliefs, and how they use symbolism to express the metaphysical. Egyptian and Mayan art pieces are also about the metaphysical.

Anyone can show an image, and then say, "UFO!". Unless you understand these cultures extensively, no laymen can definitively draw any type of conclusion.

Why are there two distinctively different types of Buddha sculptures? One has curly hair, and the other has straight. It has to do with how the religion changed when it was brought from on side of Asia to the other. No one would have understood that without having prior knowledge. It means something very specific to the religion, and how it was changed to accommodate a new paradigm. If a laymen saw them sitting next to each other, they would point and say, "pretty statue".

It is all about understanding the cultures, which had developed these pieces over time.

There are no alien spacecraft images being used in art pieces. It is all about religious philosophies, social changes, and mythologies. Nothing more.

edit on 9-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So you never drew something you never saw? I can remember being young and drawing all sorts of flying machines, the likes of which teh world has not seen. (probably cause I suck as an artist) I digress...it is called imagination!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Quite smart answer, huh?

Poor kid. No imagination. You should see the pictures my daughter comes up with. She draws things I know she's never seen and provides complete explanations (along with "It's make believe, Dad.")

edit on 10/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, while respecting your input which is usually above and beyond I don't agree with your plane = fish theory but that is my god given right I suppose. I'm not going to throw out the alien technology but I do struggle with the thoughts that we were once a highly technological society before and some event put us back into the stone age to start over. This could also explain why we find these strange reminiscent artifacts. Most of everything we find left over is rendered in stone. If we did have planes before there is no way they could have stood the erosion of time like stone does. Therefore these strange artifacts and artist representations of verbal history could possibly be what happened before some great cataclysmic event.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You make a strong point

Nothing new here, but certainly one of the best summaries i have seen regarding this subject!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aew14

And what is God? According to the Old Testament, God needed the help of Moses and the Israelits to set up a fence around a large area of Mount Sinai, for otherwise he couldn't "descend" without harming the many onlookers that stood to close.

In short; Ancient art depicting God/s and or angels, is indeed too of interest in the topic of Ancient Aliens.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
I wished people knew more about art, design, and architectural history, and their significance to the people who lived during those time periods. Since I already know about these subjects, I find it hard to share such knowledge with people who have not. I don't mean to offend anyone's intelligence, for I know it is all about obtaining such information.

You lived during those times? Please tell us all what Jesus looked like.

I mean really, how can you claim to know what people were thinking hundreds and thousands of years ago?

Explain how you know what Joe Blow the Citizen was thinking during those times? What I find hard to share is that people claim to KNOW what others are thinking at any given time.

Seriously, explain to this board how you know for a FACT what these artist were thinking when they created their works.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Even though I am a Christian, my first question would be, "Is that specific portion of biblical scripture real, or was it designed as a means of mythology?"

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Quite smart answer, huh?

Poor kid. No imagination. You should see the pictures my daughter comes up with. She draws things I know she's never seen and provides complete explanations (along with "It's make believe, Dad.")

edit on 10/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Well, perhaps they were 'poor' because they were from Russia.

Oh I'm not doubting at all that she has lots and lots of imagination! She probably inherited it..
edit on 9-10-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Awesome Pics and Information!!

The evidence is there for all to see. This is too much of a coincidence. Mainstream science need to bite the bullet and admit the truth. To coin a phrase from the old X-Files TV show....

"The truth is out there", we just choose not to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"This odd painting is titled "The Miracle of the Snow", by Masolino Da Panicale (1383-1440), it is located at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy. source "

Anyone else see the fleet of ufos in this painting ? Grant it that it is a painting, darn I dont know how to imbed the picture...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Matter of fact....

Please explain how the Mayans created a 26K year calendar that exactly matches the 26K year precession of the Earth. I mean really, you claim to know what ancient people were thinking right? Then explain how this is possible without having some kind of advance knowledge of the universe. Or at least the solar system.

Their calendar exactly matches one revolution of our precession. How is that possible? They just got lucky? So even if the calendar is BS it still can be used APPROPRIATELY as a 26K year calendar.

Come on man! Tell this board what the Mayans were thinking when they created this calendar NO ONE has discounted to this day.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I mean really...

If you know what people were thinking thousands of years ago then you should be able to tell us ALL what cro magnons were thinking when they first met neanderthals.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
excellent thread

i have a question about some of this art,especially the cave art-now and this is just a presumption not every person had the resources or even knowledge back then to write/draw/make these things,would the ones who could have used resources such as these and that knowledge use it to show there imaginations?and as a side note my opinion is that the imagination does not not just "make things up" it uses information it has gathered and twists it.Im fairly certain that such people with such talents would have been highly regarded in there group and the images must have some purpose behind them.

Regards to all

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join