It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It has become quite apparent that all involved on this thread have contributed a huge input of deep thoughts and proactively attempted to find answers to the question of "outside influence" in ancient art and within ancient civilization infrastructure in general. (with the exception of a few blatant "deny anything individuals)
It is very difficult to prove the artifacts imply what many believe to be possible Alien intervention.

Some thoughts and reflections:
Fact is, these paintings depicting certain strange objects embedded within them, which some may identify as "other worldly intelligently designed flying craft", are indeed found all over the globe and cover such an enormous time period including different cultures, religious beliefs from really ancient to up medieval and even current times, the question remains:
Why is it not reasonable to assume there has indeed been some"outside influence of some magnitude" because so many people over such a prolonged period have created these artifacts which are all very very similar appearance. There must be some REAL origin behind such depictions as opposed to some historian or art expert simply implying that they represents the sun, the moon, and anything else that "Jo average" is willing to accept within their normal boundaries of beliefs and understanding without scaring them into a cardiac arrest!.
Sometimes, to get the right answer you need to think outside the box and be as "unconventional as the circumstances or events that may have surpassed".
At the end of the day, on this subject, one thing is very clear:
The combination of these "other worldly" images within ancient art works and the correlation of similar artwork, and sculptures embedded within the design of countless huge ancient architectural structures found across the globe, indicate that we are indeed observing the remains and captured events of highly intelligent civilizations and cultures who's mastery of astronomy, astrology, medicine, alchemy, architectural skills, tools and knowledge, is way beyond that, which we have been told existed during those distant epochs.
FACT IS: Whether alien or other dimensional, or not, these ancient civilizations do not fit comfortably within the historical education we have been taught and believed in until now. This is due to the previous lack of information and dissemination thereof, which is now freely available allowing a much more detailed study on a global basis.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I always thought that we were put here on this earth by aliens as an experiment to see how we evolve, they come and go to check on us, do experiments, etc. I have seen UFO's big and small I know there is something out there, but they dont want to harm us.

And all this arts are proof of it, they have been since day one. In our era now we have digital pictures and videos of them, before was only arts on stone, paper etc.

I only hope to see them before I die.
edit on 10-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The entire subject of this thread was addressed and debunked years ago by a great poster named Cicada.

Search function please.

Harte

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This could be useful for those who think along accepted scientific methods.A thirty-one-point checklist for rating contributions to the field of archaeology that claim to be revolutionary or to overturn long-accepted ideas. The higher the score, the more ‘controversial’ the book and the more money its author can hope to make from sales, lecture tours, television spin-offs and so on.

Orcutt's Crackpot Index taken from www.catchpenny.org...

1. 5 points starting credit.

2. 1 point for every statement that is in conflict with generally accepted theories.

3. 2 points for every statement that is clearly vacuous.

4. 3 points for each internal inconsistency.

5. 5 points for every supposition that is maintained despite prodigious archaeological evidence to the contrary.

6. 5 points for each instance of specious data expressed as fact.

7. 5 points for each authoritative reference to Edgar Cayce, Immanuel Velikovsky, Erich von Daniken, Thor Heyerdahl, Zecharia Sitchin, John Anthony West, Graham Hancock, or Robert Bauval.

8. 7 points for each authoritative reference to Martin Bernal, Cheikh Anta Diop, Molefi Kete Asante, Chancellor Williams, or Yosef A.A. ben-jochannan.

9. 10 points for each authoritative reference to R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz.

10. 10 points for each baseless claim that widely accepted theories are fundamentally erroneous.

11. 10 points for boasting of academic degrees unrelated to the topic at hand.

12. 15 points for boasting of a lack of academic degrees, insisting that formal education is not only unnecessary but also an impediment to creative thought.

13. 20 points for lamentations of being misunderstood.

14. 20 points for every use of a myth or legend as axiom.

15. 20 points for defensive citations of real or imagined ridicule inflicted by the academia.

16. 25 points for each evidential mention of Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, or the 1995 film Stargate.

17. 30 points for insisting that if critics cannot disprove a theory, then it must of necessity be true.

18. 30 points for claiming to be the victim of a conspiracy by the scientific establishment.

19. 40 points for professing to be privy to information that is secret or to which no one else has access.

20. 50 points for claims of psychic revelation or firsthand past-life experience.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
The entire subject of this thread was addressed and debunked years ago by a great poster named Cicada.

Search function please.

Harte

Well that simply is not true Harte. Cicada authored a thread entitled UFOs in Works of Art. I remember that thread and and even made an appearance and some contributions starting on page three. Although I found much of the information enlightening, I would not go as far as to say that that thread has addressed and debunked all the information that was the premise for this thread by member CHAOS. Nor do I subscribe to the belief that the interpretations of the wills of the artists at the time were entirely accurate. Cicada, as far as I know, was/is not a guru of psychoanalysis, nor fully aware of all intracellular communications, and biological obligations, nor the influences over the intentionality such aspects of simian nature encompasses.

CHAOS's thread discusses more than just medieval artwork, and speculative interpretations. Cicada's thread does present effectively relatively historically based recorded data concerning medieval artwork. Cicada's thread lays out an overview of when the artwork was recorded to have been made, by whom or by possible artists, and makes observations and correlations to existing artwork and cultural environments and atmospheres of the times in which they were created. Which is something I appreciated about that thread.

Harte,
To say the entire subject of this thread by CHAOS was already addressed and fully debunked years ago, is simply an inaccurate statement. The thread in which you reference, and provide no link for during your drive-by thread attack, does not spend much time on many aspects presented in the Intro to this thread. Most of that thread is focussed on historically recorded information concerning possible interpretations of symbolic imagery, while disregarding the basis and foundation for such symbolism to be encrypted and encoded in the first place. There is a disconnect between what was intended to be transferred and what was transferred, and a breakdown of possible meanings of the mediums of communication.

In short, for many reasons, I don't think that thread debunked the information which is the premise for this thread, nor do I think the thread you are referring to covers the same material in totality that the OP brought to the Introduction to this thread. I am not proposing to ignore the Cicada's contributions in Cicada's thread, but let's take in all the information before we decide to speak for all on what has or has no been totally and sufficiently "debunked".

Where does your consciousness go when you sleep? Use the subconscious and unconscious realms input to when you choose to judge totally what an artist was "thinking" when they include such imagery in their artwork.

Do you need to sleep? Why don't all mammals sleep?

Search function please.

Harte

Opening paragraph from Cicada's Introductory post:

Frequently images from throughout art history are presented as evidence that extraterrestrials exist and have been making contact with human kind throughout the history of our species. On a couple of recent threads on topics related to extraterrestrials these images have been posted without any attempt at identifying the original paintings. Despite requests by me for this information, simple matters such as the paintings' titles, the names of the artists, the era the works were created in, and the art movements associated with the paintings, no additional material was provided. This omission, a major taboo in art history investigation, made it pretty clear that the people presenting these images were not qualified to be making definitive assessments about what they depicted and why. While a general appeal to reason is enough to demonstrate how unreliable any drawn or painted image is as evidence of anything, the fact that I could not directly explore the enigmas of the so-called Renaissance UFOs persisted in troubling me. So I decided to see if I could do some research of my own in order to comprehensively account for these paintings.
UFOs in Works of Art

Paintings, not petroglyphs, not statues, not figurines.....

Magniloquences,
ET

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by knowonder

Think about it.

Wings: Flight
Halo: Helmet
Chariot of fire/fire breathing dragon: Alien craft
edit on 10/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

My point exactly !

The Angel Summarian Assyrian Babylonian Flying Gods

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53054cda2732.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by aew14

Well I am an historian (graduated in history and archaeology - spec on european middle ages (roughly from the early 5th century to about the 15th century) focused on religion as my masters degree - I'm not religious btw) and I've seen some of these with my own eyes and honestly... I cant explain them. I could explain the abydos one, which I did, because I have a lot more solid ground since there are records of what I said, you can all go research about it, there are lots of documents about re-carving in egypt, so I have something solid that is more likely than "aliens did it". So when you have a more plausible simpler explanation, that explanation is usually the right one - lex parsimoniae. (altho... it could be aliens still - hey its a possibility right? hehe).

But about the other stuff... it is really intriguing. I'm not saying it was aliens, nor I'm saying it wasnt - the fact is they do exist, they have no relation with nothing in their context (either cultural, religious, scientific or social contexts). Nothing links some of those pictures and objects to where they are from, nor we have any indications that could be not "properly understood" for those guys that is now common to us through scientific knowledge (in the likes of lightening being zeus or thor, or volcanoes being hephaistos).

You depict (or you gave the idea) historians as close minded skeptics that rely on pure facts and if it "doesnt fit in, it doesnt exist". We're not. We're prolly the most open minded of all "investigators" because we consider everything, even the "impossible". Well to be honest with you, theres a lot of things that "should not exist", that "have no place", yet they do exist and you can touch them, they're real... yet you cant explain them. You can theorize about them, imagining the probabilities, trying to explain by suppositions and based on what you know about that particular civilization - like the elephants in mayan ruins. Well you can make a great theory about how they got there, like their ancestors came from africa or asia like jean-frederic waldeck suggested, or make one theory yourself, but the truth is, we dont have the slightest idea how the hell the mayans came in touch with elephants! There are no records explaining anything about elephants, yet there they are, carved in those ancient walls... what can we do? Unless we get proof, the only thing we're getting are theories.

And this was a simple example... elephants. Now... gold "planes" with 1000 years in central and south america? Thats a bit harder... see if you say they're representations of birds, there's no bird with a vertical tail. My guess would be fish. But then again, I cant remember of a fish having a tail with both vertical fin and horizontal - usually they have one of these alone, not the 2 of them at the same time.

Now for the paintings. Well those are the most prone to be actually what they depict if you see them through a man of that era's eyes. You, with your modern mind see discs, they prolly wanted auras, you see discs carrying gods, they wanted god and angels flying in clouds (because well... they're from heaven which is "up in the sky"), you see lasers, they meant divine light, the source of good (as opposed to darkness / evil). Those are really hard to actually interpret and I dont pay much attention to those - religion is not to be taken literally so I leave those where they are at - the gray area I personally find interesting "are religions based on very very ancient aliens whos presence came to light by word of mouth, becoming legends, myths, heroes and their feats of strength and ultimately, religion as we know it".

The pre-historic "aliens" are again very very interesting and really hard to explain. There is no reason what so ever for a pre historic man to depict something like that in a cave wall... I cant even build up a reasonable theory because I have nothing to base it on so I'll just shut up and recognize my human simplicity and limits and draw the line here. So I dont know, I have no idea how the hell they came up with that and cant even imagine what sort of "natural thing" they were trying to depict since I cant think of nothing that looks like it.

So, the advice to you my friend is; open your mind, think for yourself, try to insert those inexplicable facts into a plausible context and make it probable and logic, if you can't, then ask an historian but if you really want an honest answer dont ask an historian. You'll get "theories" and in the end you'll get the most honest answer: "I don't know".

Just dont close your mind to anything because we've already seen some pretty weird things in our life time and its not over yet, now try to look back imagine what happened in those 20, 50, 100 thousand years before you... I'm only 30, what do I know? All I know is there is only one thing in common between our time and all the time before us - everything that was impossible, became possible. Our impossibilities of today, will be possible tomorrow, that I'm sure of. Always was like that and always will be. Time is everything.

Oh and altho I'm a strong defender of it, lex parsimoniae doesnt always apply

On a side note: We're very lucky archaeologists in these times we should not let the opportunity of taking these things seriously go. In 2000 years, all the archaeologists of the year 4010 will find is fossilized big macs (actually I think they will still be intact since they dont decompose at a normal rate
) and awesome coke bottles... oh, snap wait... they will find dvds with all the info - damn them! Easy life...

Cheers

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by aew14
you really should remove the ones by crivelli and ucello. Those are symbols of god/holy spirit. Typical research into art history would tell you that

And what is God? According to the Old Testament, God needed the help of Moses and the Israelits to set up a fence around a large area of Mount Sinai, for otherwise he couldn't "descend" without harming the many onlookers that stood to close.

In short; Ancient art depicting God/s and or angels, is indeed too of interest in the topic of Ancient Aliens.

Speaking of Moses ( Exodus )
The Pillar of Light (Fire& Smoke) in my Modern day Vision is a Dam Light Beam
(Tracker Beam or Lazer etc.. )

Fire

Pillar of Fire (theophany) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search A Pillar of Fire was one of the manifestations of the presence of the God of Israel in the Torah. According to Exodus, the pillar of fire provided light so that Jews could travel by night during the Exodus from Egypt (circa the 18th Dynasty; see dating of the Exodus). The pillar of fire is traditionally paired with the manifestation of the divine presence by day as the Pillar of Cloud. This was so they "could travel by day or night"[1].

Cloud

A pillar of cloud was one of the manifestations of the presence of the God of Israel in the Torah. According to Exodus, the pillar of cloud guided Jews by day during the Exodus from Egypt (circa the 18th Dynasty; see dating of the Exodus). The pillar of cloud is traditionally paired with the manifestation of the divine presence by night as the pillar of fire, which provided light. This was so they "could travel by day or night"

# Exodus 13:21-22. By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.

# Numbers 14:14. And they will tell the inhabitants of this land about it. They have already heard that you, O LORD, are with these people and that you, O Lord, have been seen face to face, that your cloud stays over them, and that you go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.

# Deuteronomy 1:33 Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.

and the Lord looking down

Well From the Bible (Exodus) I would say it was Some Flying Machine the Lord is in I would Say..

If the Translations of the Bible is Indeed Correct that was brought into the (King James Version )Holy Bible

Im Curious as Just as what was Taken Out or Not Put in in the Council of Nicaea... like Enoch..

and I can Imagine a lot of Ancient Anomaly's of the Past Could of been explained, if the Majority of the Literature The Tablets & Scrolls & MAPS !!! (Piri Reis Map )[ that parts of it was claimed to be Copied from Maps from the Library of Alexandria,, ] that were in the Library of Alexandria had it not been Lost from Fire (Arson). all because of Religion,

Sumerian , Assyrian & Babylonian Stone l Carving's of Their Gods ,and Have The Likeness ,, the Similarity of a 4 winged Humanoid Angels or Like Serpents (Bird Like Dino Head ) with a Man Body

The Antikythera Device,The Piri Reis Map and The Baghdad Battery

Curious Alignments: What Ancient Maps Did PIRI REIS Have? January 22, 2010

Palenque & the Piri Reis Map March 18, 2010

edit on 11-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: Spelling and Grammar Cleaning it up to make more sense

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by manalien

Why is it not reasonable to assume there has indeed been some"outside influence of some magnitude" because so many people over such a prolonged period have created these artifacts which are all very very similar appearance. There must be some REAL origin behind such depictions as opposed to some historian or art expert simply implying that they represents the sun, the moon, and anything else that "Jo average" is willing to accept within their normal boundaries of beliefs and understanding without scaring them into a cardiac arrest!. Sometimes, to get the right answer you need to think outside the box and be as "unconventional as the circumstances or events that may have surpassed".

This is so true.
Add to this many impossible feats of engineering that cannot be explained yet today.
Ancient Evidence of AdvancedTechnology greatpyramidmystery.com...

Just a few...
The ruins of Tiahuanaco (Tiwanaku), Bolivia
www.sacredsites.com...

The structure known as the Puma Punka also startles the imagination. It seems to be the remains of a great wharf and a massive, four-part, now collapsed building, and this makes eminent sense for Lake Titicaca long ago lapped upon the shores of Tiahuanaco city, now inland from the lake twelve miles. One of the construction blocks from which the pier was fashioned weighs an estimated 440 tons (equal to nearly 600 full-size cars) and several other blocks are between 100 and 150 tons. The quarry for these giant blocks was on the western shore of Titicaca, some ten miles away. There is no known technology in the ancient Andean world that could have transported stones of such massive weight and size.

The great pyramid of Giza en.wikipedia.org...

There have been varying scientific and alternative theories about the Great Pyramid's construction techniques. Most accepted construction hypotheses are based on the idea that it was built by moving huge stones from a quarry and dragging and lifting them into place.

The Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull - see link in OP

Stonehenge

Avebury stone ring England. www.sacredsites.com...

The sarsen stones, ranging in height from nine to over twenty feet and weighing as much as 40 tons, were first hewn from bedrock and then dragged or sledded a distance of nearly two miles from their quarry site. These stones were then erected and anchored in the ground to depths between 6 and 24 inches. The excavation of the encircling ditch required an estimated 200,000 tons of rock to be chipped and scraped away with the crudest of stone tools and antler picks (there is some evidence that this ditch was once filled with water, thereby giving the inner stone rings the appearance of being set upon an island). From excavation and soil resistivity studies it is known that the three rings originally contained at least 154 stones of which only 36 remain standing today. There are three reasons for the disappearance of these stones. In the 14th century, and perhaps earlier, the local Christian authorities, in their continuing effort to eradicate any vestiges of 'pagan' religious practices, toppled, broke up and buried many stones.

Note the effect of "Christianity" on this evidence.

Add
1. obvious attempt to conceal an alternative past by "religious leaders" and hierarchy
2. tangible descriptions and renderings in artifacts
3. biblical references to angels, Seraphim, Cherubim
4. miraculous engineering still unexplained
5. earliest photographic evidence that remains unexplained
6. many expert and credible people saw spaceships, not odd lights or vague phenomena but spaceships, throughout recorded history.

I think it altogether constitutes overwhelming evidence.
edit on 10-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: counting trouble

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by manalien

Excellent analogy. Well researched and yes I see the cognitive behavioral connection within the context of semantics and languages. I have often found these similarities as I speak 6 languages.

So you also have seen and know of similar patterns in other languages as well?

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing,
ET

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Now for the paintings. Well those are the most prone to be actually what they depict if you see them through a man of that era's eyes. You, with your modern mind see discs, they prolly wanted auras, you see discs carrying gods, they wanted god and angels flying in clouds (because well... they're from heaven which is "up in the sky"), you see lasers, they meant divine light, the source of good (as opposed to darkness / evil). Those are really hard to actually interpret and I dont pay much attention to those
Thank you for that very insightful post. I just want to mention something in relation to that quote above. When I say "disk" or "saucer" I'm simply describing the shape of the anomaly, I'm not saying it is a alien craft, but I'm showing the similarities. And I didn't actually say "laser" either, because that's too descriptive. Take the one with Mary and man and his dog looking up at the weird looking object, I'm sure there is some sort of explanation to show it is perfectly rational symbolism...beams of "holy light" is the perfect example, you couldn't get much better. In the one where the UFO/cloud shoots a beam down to Mary the artist did in fact try to depict heavenly beings on a divine cloud sending down some holy light, because that's the way ancient people would most likely interpret an aliens in a craft. You can't just say, "oh it's clearly holy light, get to know your religious symbolism"...I hope you see how invalid that is, it's the same type of closed thinking that led to the initial misinterpretations, if there were in fact any. I just can't agree with you when you say there's too much up for interpretation so we should just pay no attention to those ones, they are key to understanding how religious beliefs and symbolism have evolved, and if they do in fact have Alien origins. Good post though, I'm not trying to start a debate or anything, I just wanted to point this out, it isn't particularly directed at you.

edit on 11/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ancient Aryan settlement found in the Russian steppe. Use of swastika symbols were found at this settlement. Possibly amongst the first to use metal smith[ing].

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Cool thread. Ain't anything I haven't seen before, but good compilation.

I used to take these artworks as fairly good evidence that something strange was going on from the very dawn of humanity, but a little bit of research has shown that most if not all of the pieces from 1000 AD onwards can be explained as typical religious symbolism. As for cave paintings and the like, who knows, but it's an awful stretch to go from "drawings of weird humanoid figures" to "ALIENS INFLUENCED LIFE ON EARTH HERE'S ABSOLUTE PROOF."

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Paintings, not petroglyphs, not statues, not figurines.....
Magniloquences,
ET

Esoteric,

While what you say is technically true, the gist of Cicada's thread was the errors we commit when we attempt, in ignorance, to interpret old (even ancient) artwork through our modern perspective.

The fact that a person doesn't possess the knowledge required to interpret a petroglyph (or a Florentine painting) is no reason to immediately attribute that particular drawing to some ancient artist's depiction of otherworldly visitation.

This is the lesson to take from Cicada's excellent thread.

And besides, while the OP does contain many pics of figurines and petroglyphs, there are as well a great many paintings included that Cicada addressed to complete and utter satisfaction.

If the thread is about ancient art, then why are these red herrings included?

Also, why is there a complete absence of information regarding exactly what these figures and glyphs are believed to represent, as indicated by those people that have spent decades studying such things?

Are people who study the ancient world less apt to have the correct answer than some online forum poster with the username CHAOS?

Pardon my "driving by." You know I've posted a great many posts here at ATS. I'm really tired of having to say the same things over and over.

Chaos should accept my advice re. the search function. The fact remains, at least half of the OP was shown to be completely illegitimate by Cicada's thread years ago. The rest (IMO) is also illegitimate, but I'm not willing to take the time to point out exactly why, since I'm not a professor of ancient history. And even if I was, professors get paid to do so. I don't have the time to continually repeat what I've said, linking to all my sources every single time, and backing up the facts with the sort of context that is not only missing from the OP, but was purposefully omitted from the claims by the fringe proponents that are his sources.

Harte
edit on 10/11/2010 by Harte because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The one that always gets me going is the 'Baptism of Christ'.

If that ain't a flying saucer, I don't know what is!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Great thread.

Thanks to the internet and ATS, word is getting out. Even the History Channel is being more brazen with its programming and content. It took pioneers like Erik von Daniken to blaze the ancient astronaut trail into the mainstream view. And, he was considered a crackpot along with people who read his books. Yet, he drew attention to this, and the truly perceptive people took note.

Over the years, that net grew, capturing the open minds of countless millions. Thus, programming got high ratings. Even other networks have been following suit. Now, on sites like ATS, for those who dare venture into this territory, it is obvious, and rather BLATANT, that this is evidence that this phenomenon has been around since prehistoric times.

Ancient cultures' sculptures depict reptillians, people in space suits, aircraft and other anomalies? It is also painfully obvious, and rather BLATANT, that mainstream science has let us down in this regard, for they have glossed over, *ignored* and flat-out RIDICULED evidence that has not fit into their cookie-cutter theories of the ancient past. Professors and researchers who dare look into this topic are denied tenure. They lose grants. They are ridiculed and dismissed as crackpots.

Thank goodness for ATS, the internet and mainstream media finally starting to come 'round.

Thanks for the post. Wonderful discussion and information.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
The one that always gets me going is the 'Baptism of Christ'.

If that ain't a flying saucer, I don't know what is!

Apparently, then, you don't know what is.
Nor are you willing to try to find out - even though the relevant material exists right here at ATS:
Cicada's post on "The Baptism of Jesus" by Aert DeGelder

Harte

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
I used to take these artworks as fairly good evidence that something strange was going on from the very dawn of humanity, but a little bit of research has shown that most if not all of the pieces from 1000 AD onwards can be explained as typical religious symbolism...

Well, you are correct in that it has been "explained as typical religious symbolism..." However, we must consider the source of those explanations. Mainstream science. Those scientists are from the same camp that states that the Sphinx was built by Egyptians from a few thousand years ago. Well, SCIENTIFIC DATA --direct evidence of WATER EROSION-- on the Sphinx states otherwise. Water erosion means that the Sphinx existed before all of that, during a time when *rain* occurred in that region. The climate was different, wetter. However, that camp of scientists have staked their professional lives on the "already established *facts*" about the Sphinx. How dare someone come along and disprove their established history!

What this means is that the "standard camp" of scientists WILL EXPLAIN AWAY ANOMALOUS EVIDENCE in any way they can... as long as it fits within their preconceived notions about the past. Anything outside of that will be distorted, ignored and/or ridiculed.

So, I cannot subscribe to your interpretations about "but a little bit of research has shown that most if not all of the pieces from 1000 AD onwards can be explained as typical religious symbolism..." as accurate. It's typical of mainstream science to wave a hand and PROCLAIM that evidence of ancient visitation or UFO sightings canNOT be true, just because "it can't!" Like Stanton Freidman is famous for saying, "Don't bother me with the evidence because I've already made up my mind!"

I highly recommend that you read "Forbideen Archaeology" by Michael Cremo. Be sure to get the condensed version, as he is quite thorough. It will open your eyes. Also, try "Civilization One," which explores the ancients via measuring systems found throughout ancient sites.

So, before waving a magic wand and stating that it's just religious symbolism, realize that the scientists and researchers who have stated this are stating nothing but theory themselves, though it is passed off, *sanctimoniously*, as the truth.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by adigregorio

a thorough knowledge of Christian iconography to show that most, if not all of these examples can be explained as representations of saints, the holy spirit, angels etc.
Haha...so...how does that debunk them? Really...I mean come on...can you not see the absurd logic being used here?!? You can't argue the Alien element came from the symbolism by coincidence. If they are representations of saints and so on... then ask yourself why are they represented like that?!? That means nothing to you?

That is a really good point. Why would they let this arteest paint something that would blasphemy their lord?
They don't consider it to be blasphemous, that's the exact point. Is it a helmet, or is it a halo? Is a chariot of fire or is a craft that expels flames? Is it a divine cloud emitting holy light or is it a UFO emitting a beam? The answer is obvious IMO when coupled with other art from all over the world.

In other words, everything in Roman Catholic religious paintings had to be approved by the Church before any public display could be allowed. The local Cardinal would have questioned everything in the work, and if the artist just happened to have seen or heard of shiny flying plates didn’t mean that he could put them in his painting.
So then these objects are there for a reason, we know that much, And there we have a perfect example of how they filter out the really controversial stuff. UFO's are phased into clouds which shoot beams. Helmets into halos, they slowly try to phase out the Alien element and make it look like all the coincidental symbolism means nothing.

BTW, only to a small mind is an advanced intelligent life a magical concept my friend. Bring on the evidence to debunk these, I welcome it, so far I've seen the same two or 3 arguments over and over again, each about as ridiculous as the next one.

edit on 10/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

After reading through all the replies (and wasting an entire day at work....oops), I'm curious as to why nobody has yet asked, "Who says Christianity (or more specifically the Roman Catholic Church) is right in the first place?" After all, the only things that got put into the Bible are what they wanted the people to know and believe. Who know's exactly what they've left out!?

So in terms of people saying that the Church, which commissioned said paintings, wouldn't have allowed something like a 'ufo' to be depicted, how are we to know?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I do like to entertain the notion of ancient aliens and such. Kind of off point but I really just love the artistic 2D style ancient artists painted in. I love the way they painted faces and backgrounds back then. Such beautiful imagery.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join