It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble
P.S. the "helicopter" has been debunked as a re write

Yeah.

I already threw that in here, along with an explanation for the renaissance art. It seems this is a "magic only" thread

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Ancient people had no imaginations? Ancient people had no creativity? Ancient people had no artistic sense? Ancient people had no scary stories to make their kids behave? Ancient people had no fun?

Why didn't the ancient people think of drawing computers? Did they think of drawing skyscrapers? Did they think of drawing bicycles? Did they think of drawing cars? Did they think of drawing electric fans?

The answer to all of those is no. No, they did not think of drawing those things because they have not seen those things and hence they don't know how to draw them. Amazingly, the only high tech objects that they can draw are UFOs. Isn't it very possible that it is because they have seen those UFOs during their time?

I actually I'm a little baffled at you. You painstakingly try to hang in this site debunking everything that doesn't conform with the government position. Obviously this site is not for you since you prefer the mainstream way of thinking but you are one of the loyal posters here. You are an enigma.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Wow amazing find!
But it puzzles me so much ... it's as if every single human race had its own ''God'', and it wouldn't be OK for a race to convert. So I'm guessing that some race was created by Reptillians, and the evolution only refers to a small amount of ''ape'' races ( I don't mean to offend), and the pyramids were obviously created by ETs and undoubtedly there is awing technology inside of them. So that creates the theory of the existence of Egyptian Gods. So the Greeks and Romans probably had the same story even though theirs seems too unrealistic, but hey...who am I to say it's unrealistic!

Another theory that everyone here probably knows is that the Mayan ETs are the ones who told them to make that calendar predicting the end of the world. Still it's probably just the end of one era and the beginning of another after 2012. But it's all only predictions of the ancient ''Gods'' and we can't be really sure which ones were trying to help and which ones were trying to dominate, for example Reptillians if there is such a race.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have been wandering the boards for quite some time, but haven't posted anything in years. Sometimes, though, a star and a flag just aren't enough and a thread requires a little reply as well.

This is a truly AWESOME collection. I'll personally be looking very forward to more information in your threads to come. Keep it up.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
What a wonderfully constructed thread, I've taken a real intrest in this whole topic in the last few weeks and to see such a mountain of images together in one thread is just delightful

Well done

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
the first thing you should have done is to throw out all the pics of 'proofs' that have been explained
away already.

take the very 1st picture... of the meso american figure [ with a 'helmet' on]
that ain't a helmet, or a space suit as the jingoists suggest...
that figure represents the God or Spirit that envelopes the person
it literally looks like a man that has been consumed by a snake (see the fangs-
around the faceplate area?)

(Sarc) the Christ figure on the crucifix sure has defined Abs, he must have been a
theology scholar at least(/Sarc)

al;l those 'art' representations were not of things flying thru the skies...
but poetic representations of 'spiritual' thought, feelings, things not of the mundane
world...but rather of the Aether/ mind/soul/ spirit world that human brains conjure up.

as far as the doll relics... thats all they are...like the bizzare articulated figures
in our modern times...dolls, figures that represent the fictional creations in our mind 'worlds'
created to stimulate imaginations or to try to depict the creatures that are 'alive'
in out thought worlds.

Santa Claus, Easter bunny, Tooth Fairy, Gobblins, Superman, Wonder Woman et al
are modern day adaptions of these archtypal entities...actual - physical, extra-terrestials
are all only characters inhabiting the worlds of imagination & the dark places of ones' Id

your compilation of pics & graphics is worth some stars but the whole premise is horse-hooey

edit on 10-10-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

TO ADD: for 'rusethorcain'

this 'proof' is enough proof for me: apophenia (finding significance in insignificant phenomena)

sources--- how about Jung or Joseph Campbell, Mythologist... look up deciphering the meso-american stellas
they had more than 9 levels of reality and representing the driving force or spirit in a individual...look deeply
upon those carvings you will see most faces have small-to-larger enveloping characteristics of power creatures incorporated into their motif...the individuals 'cartuche' as-it-were (but the cartuche' was Egyptian in our academia model)

c'mon man, book up, connect-the-dots in an individual quest

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by CHA0S

Cool thread, looks like you put some effort into it.

Just for some balance regarding the art you use.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very little balance to be found there.
A different p.o.v. for certain.
I would call it "head under a blanket." lol

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Interesting theories all but, do you have any proof?
Where are your links to these alternative and highly speculative interpretations of these paintings and artwork, other than in your post?

Keep in mind there was a deliberate attempt to recruit people to worship in Churches and one way to do this is to denounce all other Gods.
Perhaps they were denounced as other than ET entities and craft, in an attempt to white wash any history that was outside the Church.
First you would have to convince people their old legends were false, in order to get them to pay tithing to one God only...that would mean making up some wild explanations for these paintings and art so people do not jump to the obvious conclusion...they are what they appear to be.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

LIKE I HAVE SAID TWICE NOW:

I have posted this information:

Afterthoughts 101:
I hate "magic only" threads
I will have to leave soon.
edit on 10/10/2010 by adigregorio because: Afterthought

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
again and finally....there is no proof. Hence why it is being displayed at this site. People see what they want to see most times, not really what is there.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Hardly conclusive.
You and Diego Cueghi against the alien explanation for the clear representation of alien beings and space ships in ancient art.
This does not result in a confirmation of any facts.

Your left hand is not actually your left hand it is really your foot.
This makes as much sense as you and the poster above.

If what we are claiming is IMPOSSIBLE then you would be correct in your skepticism.
Spacecraft from other planets is not impossible however unlikely you and a very few others may believe it to be.

Diego Cueghi says it is an angel because on other paintings of the Virgin and St John Infant a man is üaintied, pointing at an angel.

So that spaceship is actually an angel.
If Diego Cueghi says it, then it must certainly be true!

What Diego Cueghi is saying is.... Angels are ET.
edit on 10-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

LIKE I HAVE SAID TWICE NOW:

I have posted this information:

Afterthoughts 101:
I hate "magic only" threads
I will have to leave soon.
edit on 10/10/2010 by adigregorio because: Afterthought

As others have said, and as I am about to. Throughout history you will find that a lot of the inventors painters ect where more free-spirited and more willing to think outside of the standard christian viewpoint of everything. So if a painter paints a picture with a UFO in it, Of course some christain type whos job it is to keep the public in line, would be to try and disprove such a thing. If you let people start to ponder then you have lost control and anything back in the day that pointed in any direction except what the church wanted was destroyed

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Hi there, for any references to artwork containing what is shown in this thread as signs of ET activity in religious art from medievel to renaissance times I would definitely recommend this site here

It gives the actual artwork a little more context, and is actually very interesting.

Of course some people will just say this is more debunking, and why not. Why would a church who had commissioned an artist to portray a biblical scene not notice something looking a little out of context in the scene before they handed over the cash.... could it be that it was representing the actual biblical scene using the style of the times rather than what imaginative people of few centuries later would make of it? Nah, surely not.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Those "spacemen" figure do look interesting. However, I am still on the fence about this type of evidence. It could be that they're bad sculptors or exercising their creative license. People nowadays still do that. Say for example some remnants of our civilization remain and people in the future sees the plastic Simpsons toys scattered somewhere, it doesn't mean that there were bug-eyed, 4 fingered, beings were visiting the planet.

This is a really tough call that is just filled with speculation. Heck, even most archeological finds are at times speculation.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

there are many art history texts out there that go explain is very nice detail about some of these. As I mentioned back on page 5, the renaissance ones are not "aliens". Many are references to god and/or holy spirit. However, if you want to believe something with no solid foundation in fact....by all means do so

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What I got from this thread is the fact that aliens have and in control of the earth now. The earth must be owned by some beings, that is only logical. Those aliens depicted in this excellent thread also impacted the knowledge with which those arts were possible. People might have a simplistic view that putting down those figures in art is for every Tom and Jones. What happened was that the aliens wanted to put down their presence in art form for future generations, otherwise there was hardly any need for ancient people to do the rigorous work of creating the arts.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Thank you but this is the same exact information, word for word, found in a link offered above. Clearly there are not enough nay sayers to weigh against the believers.
A couple of "that's not true" statements does not refudiate the whole field of UFO's in ancient art.

Here is a quote from your link...

The point is that no one of the authors of these web sites takes into account the symbolic meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period.

Couldn't it be conversely true that none of your authors is taking into account the literal meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by something wicked

Thank you but this is the same exact information, word for word, found in a link offered above. Clearly there are not enough nay sayers to weigh against the believers.
A couple of "that's not true" statements does not refudiate the whole field of UFO's in ancient art.

Here is a quote from your link...

The point is that no one of the authors of these web sites takes into account the symbolic meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period.

Couldn't it be conversely true that none of your authors is taking into account the literal meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period?

My authors? You mean people who have looked into the actual history of the art in question set against the context of the time? You do me too much of a service there, they are not mine, but frankly, they speak with much more research than looking at a picture without any context whatsoever and then start shouting UFO!!!!

To me, that seems a more balanced approach. Remember that none of the art in question is 'eye witness' material. They were on the whole commissioned by an authority to represent (usually) a biblical scene, you don't think one of the people who had paid for the painting may have said "well, that's nice, but what the **** is that weird thing in the sky" if they hadn't expected some 'thing' (typically the manifestation of God) to be represented? Really? These artists weren't illustrators for Ye olde UFO quarterly magazine.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

If you correlate aliens and ufology with magic, than, I don't know what to say...
Aliens existence is very logic...And has nothing to do with magic...
There is no magic...
You can't label magic whatever doesn't agree with your thoughts.
A television in 1700 would have been called something magic. But it isn't.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I think some of this may be related to topic, concerning Ancient Anomalies....

The Law of Association

Association of Ideas, or Mental association, is a term used principally in the history of philosophy and of psychology to refer to explanations about the conditions under which representations arise in consciousness, and also for a principle put forward by an important historical school of thinkers to account generally for the succession of mental phenomena. One idea was thought to follow another in consciousness if it were associated by some principle. The three most commonly asserted principles of association were similarity, contiguity, and contrast, but numerous others had been added by the nineteenth century. By the end of the nineteenth century physiological psychology was so altering the approach to this subject that much of the older associationist theory was rejected.

Nevertheless, the everyday observation of the association of one idea or memory with another gives a face validity to the notion. In addition, the notion of association between ideas and behavior gave some early impetus to behaviorist thinking. The core ideas of associationist thinking recur in some recent thought on cognition, especially consciousness.
Wikipedia's Article on "Association of Ideas"

Examples of "Association of Ideas" aka "Mental Associations":

1) Las Vegas
What do you think of when you think of Las Vegas? Think of the first three or five things that come to mind. Then hit the hotlink and notice that the FIRST TAB on the Las Vegas OFFICIAL website is....GAMBLING

Now "Gambling" by the very definition of the word is NOT a "Sure Bet" ... but rather... a ... VAGUE GUESS

Vague Guess = Vegas ... and most people LO$$ (Loss) because of a vague guess. Mental Association (through generations of conditioning, and possibly perceived biological obligations inherent to intracellular communication mediums)

Example #2:

When I think of Egypt I think of the pyramids.

When I think of the pyramids, I think of the big blocks of stones they used to make them.

When I think of the big stone blocks used to make the pyramids I think of a guy chipping away at a stone to make it into a block.

When I think "He Chipped" away at the stone....
He Chipped = Egypt

Excellent analogy. Well researched and yes I see the cognitive behavioral connection within the context of semantics and languages. I have often found these similarities as I speak 6 languages.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join