It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+164 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

Even though I wanted to do this whole thing in one massive thread, I just don't have the time to put something like that together. So I'm going to do it in parts. First I want to make clear that this thread isn't just about ancient anomalies, but anomalies that support the ancient alien theory. I've reached a personal conclusion that Aliens were here long ago, and these visitations were misinterpreted as Gods coming from the heavens.

Now that we have a better grip on science, and we understand this Universe a bit better, it's possible to look back at what our ancestors have left for us, and re-analyze things, to question what mainstream history would have us believe. This isn't a wondrous and fantastical concept, this is science. You can only come to grips with what all the evidence is ultimately suggesting, if you look into it with an unbiased attitude.

People don't want to admit they could be wrong. It isn't even a matter of question. A lot of people are saying a disclosure event is getting close...just ask yourself, how many people in this day and age would still consider them to be the Gods which promised to return in so many beliefs? How many would welcome them as Alien visitors, or reject them? And what happens when they tell us about our true origins?

Sculptures/Engravings

Figure of a God with a helmet, located at the Anthropological Museum of Mexico City, photo taken by Tatjana Ingold. source

Whilst living in Cuenca Ecuador, a man known as Father Carlo Crespi received many gifts from the locals. There are remarkable similarities between these figurines and a modern day space suit. The locals claimed they came from subterranean cave systems in the jungles. source

These clay figures found in Equador also have a remarkable resemblance to space suites. For comparison a real astronaut is seen next to the figure. source

This highly odd figure which seems to be wearing a suit was found in Kiev and is apparently dated at around 4,000 BC. source

A drawing found in Temple of Abydos, it seems to depict a helicopter and submarine and other air craft. Dated at 3000 years old. source

Located in Iraq, these sculptures seem to have reptilian type heads. Dated from around 5ooo-4000 B.C. source

The "lizard man" engravings. source

The Lolladoff plate, discovered in Nepal, appears to depict a humanoid being resembling a "grey", and a UFO type object at the center. Dated 7,000 BC. source

Because these figures are made of gold, they are hard to date, but it's certain that they are least 1000 years. Estimations place them between 500 and 800 CE. They were found around Central America and coastal areas of South America. For anyone who knows anything about aeronautics these items are simply mind blowing. They depict undoubtable knowledge of aeronautics. In the last picture you see scaled up models of these figures, three German model enthusiasts, Eenboom, Belting and Lübbers, have constructed a propeller-driven and jet-engine driven scale models of these figures, and they flew beautifully, compare them with these model RC jets. The source for these pics is the Ancient Aliens series 2010.

Of course I need to mention the crystal skulls because they could be a form of art, and are certainly a type of sculpture. These amazing skulls would have taken hundreds of years to make by hand, which is the only way science is able to explain some of them, because there are no apparent tool marks. Whilst there really is too much information on this to sum it up quickly, you should find this and also this to be quite informative.

Paintings/Drawings

This drawing depicts a UFO sighting over Hamburg, Germany on the 4th November 1697. These mysterious objects were described as "two glowing wheels". source

This is an illustration from a book entitled "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum" by Admiral Blaeu. It depicts a UFO sighting made by two Dutch ships in the North Sea in 1660. source

This picture by Samuel Cocciu depicts large black and white spherical UFO's over Basel, Switzerland in 1566. Notice the reaction of the people. source

An illustration from a book titled "Ume No Chiri (Dust of Apricot)" published in 1803. A "foreign ship and crew" witnessed at Haratonohama, Japan this strange object, said to be made of iron with weird letters inside the ship - shown in the drawing. source

This peculiar illustration showing a spherical type UFO in the sky, comes from the french book "Le Livre Des Bonnes Moeurs" by Jacques Legrand, dated 1338. source

These two paintings of crusaders are from a 12th century manuscript "Annales Laurissenses", and depict a UFO sighting in the year 776, during the siege on Sigiburg castle, France. source

This tapestry is titled "Summer's Triumph", created in Bruges, 1538, located at the Bayerisches National Museum. Here we see odd saucer/disk type UFO's in the sky above the horizon. source

This Crucifixion piece is located in the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral of Mtskheta, Georgia, on one side of the grave of Sidonia. Other variations of the crucifixion done in byzantine style show these objects as the Sun and the Moon. source

This 14th century painting is located in the Visoki Decani Monastery in Kosovo. The two objects on either side seem to depict flying crafts of some description, with people inside them. source More anomalous crucifixion art

This one is titled "La Tebaide" by Paolo Uccello (painted c.1460-1465). Yet another saucer type UFO seen near Jesus during the crucifixion. Located at the Academy of Florence. source

This painting is titled "The Annunciation" by Carlo Crivelli, located the National Gallery, London. A beam of some description can be seen coming from a UFO and travelling down to Mary. source

The source is in a different language so I'm not sure of specific details, I think it's dated around the 1500's. The object in the sky is extremely close to many modern accounts of UFO sightings. source

From a series of 15th century tapestries located in the collegiate church of Beaune (France), we can clearly distinguish between the clouds and the UFO in question, also note the classic saucer shape. source

In this famous 15th century painting of Mary, we can see what looks like a UFO in the upper right hand corner, with a man and his dog looking up curiously. source.

Painted in 1710 and hanging in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge, "The Baptism of Christ", by Aert de Gelder, we see this same theme of a UFO shining beams to the ground. source

In this painting on a wood drawer located at the Earls D’Oltremond, Belgium, we see Moses is receiving the tablets, and there are also several odd looking objects in the sky. The date and artist unknown. source

This odd painting is titled "The Miracle of the Snow", by Masolino Da Panicale (1383-1440), it is located at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy. source

Cave Art/Petroglyphs

This cave painting from Tanzania, Itolo is estimated to be up to 29,000 years old, we can see what look like "flying saucers". They also seem to be dropping something, or perhaps they are propulsion marks. source

Being around 5,000 years old, these aboriginal cave paintings from Kimberly Australia show very weird looking beings, with similar and odd looking heads.

This cave painting dated around 10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy. Again we see the classic suit and helmet type style. They also appear to be holding objects of some description. source

From Tassili, Sahara Desert, North Africa, these paintings are dated around 6000 BC. Again we see what looks to be a helmet, and UFO's in the sky. source

From Sego Canyon , Utah, these pictures are date around 5,500 BC. We see more odd looking beings with horns. source

This paintings are from France, the cave of "Pech Merle". They are dated at around 17,000 - 15,000 BC. We see a landscape and some wildlife. Again, some strange saucer type UFO's. source

Ancient Indians created these petroglyphs thousands of years ago in the American Southwest. They seem to look like classic saucer type UFO's. source

The following pictures show some rock art in Toro Muerto, Peru. They are dated at about 12-14,000 years old. Notice their heads are encapsulated with a round, maybe spherical object of some description. source

The End

Well that's it for now, thanks for taking the time to look through this thread, the next parts will cover ancient structures, devices, texts, and maps, but I have no idea when I will get around to it. If you think I missed any good pieces of alien related art please share!

edit on 9/10/10 by CHA0S because: upload pics locally

Mod edit: image tags corrected.
edit on 10/10/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Awesome thread.....

Great pics and all with links. Although most of these have been posted here befour in different threads its nice to see them all grouped together.
These are the kind of prrof that us believers like to see to remind us of the dark history that is hidden from us.

By the way the second season of Ancient Aliens will be out soon. Apparently in some locations less known to ufo buffs. Places like Japan and other asian hotspots

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I like the style of this thread and the way that CHAOS has put it together
Star & Flag CHAOS

I know there is room for speculation concerning some of the material you have presented. But I would like to comment on the pictures of gold figures that seem to resemble aircraft.

Because these figures are made of gold, they are hard to date, but it's certain that they are least 1000 years. Estimations place them between 500 and 800 CE. They were found around Central America and coastal areas of South America. For anyone who knows anything about aeronautics these items are simply mind blowing. They depict undoubtable knowledge of aeronautics. In the last picture you see scaled up models of these figures, three German model enthusiasts, Eenboom, Belting and Lübbers, have constructed a propeller-driven and jet-engine driven scale models of these figures, and they flew beautifully, compare them with these model RC jets. The source for these pics is the Ancient Aliens series 2010.

What draws my attention to these "aircraft" style items is not only are they made of a material meant to last, not to actually "fly", but rather last through the ages, is also the fact that there seems to be no comparison in nature with the way they are constructed. Only modern aerodynamics offers us some basis for comparison, no flying birds or insects or anything known in nature resembles the components we see in those photographs.

Again, Thank you for putting this together and sharing this in such a format Chaos.
Very well outlined and presented
ET

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Great pics and all with links. Although most of these have been posted here befour in different threads its nice to see them all grouped together.
yeah, that's the goal. I find it's easy to dismiss something when you don't look at all the different bits of information as one body of evidence. There was a recent thread actually which prompted me to put this idea for a thread into action.

By the way the second season of Ancient Aliens will be out soon. Apparently in some locations less known to ufo buffs. Places like Japan and other asian hotspots
Awesome, I had no idea they were working on a second season, sounds like it will be interesting.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Cool thread, looks like you put some effort into it.

Just for some balance regarding the art you use.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wow!!!! thanx for posting.
Some of these pictures/paintings i have never seen before.
The one from Tanzania 29.000y ago is interesting.

edit on 9-10-2010 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: used wrong number

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Excellent presentation. Very well done with loads of information. Thank you for taking the time to put this together as it does take time and effort.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Only modern aerodynamics offers us some basis for comparison, no flying birds or insects or anything known in nature resembles the components we see in those photographs.
Exactly. They would have to easily be my favourite ancient anomalies. What else could they be? I was blown away the first time I learnt about them, they have to be evidence of something not right with the official version of history IMO.

reply to post by Jocko Flocko

It does take time and effort
Yeah, this took quite a few hours, a lot of my day actually. I was simply going to quote descriptions, but I thought no, I better reword it all and cross examine some information for descriptions, so it wasn't as easy as it looks. I'm glad you appreciated it, thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree with and love the 'Ancient Visitors' idea completely.

Awesome evidence, makes a great viewing when all compiled together. I have a question, I'm not sure if its stupid or not but i'll put it out there anyway. Is it possible, that an Intelligent Species existed here on earth long ago, before the D'you-think-he-saurus' (dinos), and left when they foresaw total annihilation looming in space, leaving behind evidence to inspire our Ancient Civilizations? Just a thought.

Love the Evidence.

DM

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

Is it possible, that an Intelligent Species existed here on earth long ago, before the D'you-think-he-saurus' (dinos), and left when they foresaw total annihilation looming in space, leaving behind evidence to inspire our Ancient Civilizations?
I've wondered that myself, it would explain why they seem so similar in appearance to us, or maybe this humanoid design we have is a Universal thing, it just works well. I made a thread asking some similar questions actually: Is this possible?!? A thought provoking theory...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Very interesting post OP. I have seen some of these pictures before, but quite a few are new to me. Well done and thanks for the effort in putting it together. I look forward to Part 2!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by CHA0S

Cool thread, looks like you put some effort into it.

Just for some balance regarding the art you use.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CHAOS, as stated, very well put together thread, always an interesting subject. Also, to atlasastro's point, there is always room for healthy skepticism with this subject-

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well Well, I have been observing ATS for many many years and I have until now, never replied to any posts.
This post is however an exception. Star and flag for you

You have obviously done your home work very well indeed which shows you have a deep interest in seeking the truth behind the remains of our ancient ancestors.
The fact that you have provided some outstanding examples clearly proving that in our past and distant past, civilizations, nations, religions and individuals from all around the globe, irrelevant of nationality, religion or belief have been depicting not only in words, but also by creating vivid images and sculptures and amazing architecture including unknown life forms, vehicles and an array of artifacts.
The ever increasing number of newly discovered HARD, physical and scientifically proven ARTI-FACTS,(objects you can touch and analyze) leave only very few explanations for their existence if you exclude visitation from a higher source of intelligence or a VERY HIGHLY, intelligent and technologically developed culture that evolved here on earth, independently and without outside intervention(?very doubtful).
It is very sad that the "non believers" in this world today, simply cannot accept the fact that humans have always recorded and reproduced events and experiences visually by using the tools or linguistic expression available to them in their particular time and epoch.
Certainly and without doubt there were, and still are, many who have produced or recorded mythical stories and fantasies with a vivid imagination, but, this would "not always" be the case.
Today, we record, distribute and archive what we call "Real Events/Facts and information" including SyFy or fictional stories using our technological means and terminology to describe events. We call this "information" and either know or assume and often just simply believe what is real and what is fantasy. (although CGI is making things hard to differentiate these days).
However, in the past, information, real or fiction, was recorded using the technology of the time; brush and paint, charcoal, stone/wood/metal engraving/sculptures, mouth to ear etc...
We just need to understand and clarify what is REAL and what is NOT and identify the meaning and implications for ourselves today.
The human race, as I believe, will very soon realize that we are not cream of the crop and we are not alone and probably never have been. We are, I am sure, fast approaching disclosure(of some kind).
This is as a consequence of our wonderful and fantastic technological developments and specifically the speed of our modern communications systems and discussion and exchange of information via websites like ATS which is disseminating information in real time, worldwide, assisting in the overall evaluation and "OUR OWN DISCLOSURE"!... We do not necessarily need the WORLD GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS QUALIFIED EXPERTS AND SCIENTISTS or MSM to hold are hands and lead us to disclosure because TPTB already KNOW but will not tell the sheep.
DISCLOSURE IS ALREADY HERE, HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT!
We just need to look more closely and sometimes read between the lines.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes indeed, I'm open to skepticism, I'm just a little busy presently, I will watch those videos as soon as possible though and get back to you.

reply to post by manalien

Please forgive me, but I want to give you a good thought out response, so I will also get back to you as soon as possible.

edit on 9/10/10 by CHA0S because: fix smiley

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
This is an illustration from a book entitled "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum" by Admiral Blaeu. It depicts a UFO sighting made by two Dutch ships in the North Sea in 1660. source

IMO this is far, far more likely to be a sun halo with arcs instead of a UFO, or so called sun dog. The fact that it happened in the North Sea is a strong hint.

Compare its shape with this one:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I can see merit behind such philosophical debate; however, I have a simple question for everyone. If modern mankind can make books of science-fiction and mythologies, what would stop a future society from not believing they were real events, places, and people?

Majority of the symbolism found in art, sculptures, and engravings comes from mythological and superstitious stories, which they have been passing down from one generation to the next.

link   
Oh noes! I was almost finished changing all the pics to ones I uploaded but my edit time ran out, is it possible to extend it a little please? Literally a few seconds after my last edit I exceeded the limit, but three images also failed to embed properly, so I would appreciate it if that's possible.

EDIT: For now, here are the 3 images that failed to embed properly:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bbfeeaff0b6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc2573e55958.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad0658b9487b.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: Or if a mod can just fix those broken images it would be great. Thanks.
edit on 9/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

link   
Well done on the post, very accessible. Quite amazing seeing all these images grouped together like this regardless of whether being a skeptic or not. It's a real shame we can't piece together a more in depth picture from these periods/places in time to get a better idea of context. All the best.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When it comes to interpreting art the interpretation is often in the eye of the beholder. What is "obvious" to one is often not so obvious to another.

As has been pointed out, the religious art of the middle ages is rife with specific symbolism. Without an understanding of that symbolism it is easy to make guesses about what is depicted but it's easy for those guesses to be wrong. Something that puzzles me about the UFO interpretations in this art is that these are artistic renderings of biblical events. Where in the stories which inspired the art are the UFOs?

For me, the Inca objects bear a stylized resemblance to the family of fish, rhinobatidae, more than any aircraft I've ever seen. The arrangement of the empennage does not really make sense from an aerodynamic standpoint, with the horizontal stabilizer positioned so far forward of the vertical. Yes, it can be made to fly, but so can a lawn mower.

Interpreting very ancient drawings becomes problematic. Placing the mystical representations by ancient man into the context of reality is a reach but even so, there is no reason to call upon an extraterrestrial interpretation. Shamans, kings, and warriors often (usually) bear distinctive headgear in order to distinguish themselves from others. The Hawaiians for example had some unique designs which some might say look alien.

edit on 10/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I find this image interesting, as the clay figure seems to only have 3 toes on each foot. Definitely not made in the likeness of man.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join