It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US might be vulnerable to Bio/Chem. Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What would happen if a biological or chemical weapon were to detonate in the water or high in the air. I would think that things like anthrax would thrive and these bio-toxins would be distributed even more. So wouldn't that make SDI's practically worthless?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
that would be very unlikley but i dont know what would happen

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
What would happen if a biological or chemical weapon were to detonate in the water or high in the air. I would think that things like anthrax would thrive and these bio-toxins would be distributed even more. So wouldn't that make SDI's practically worthless?

There is really no defence, anywhere in the world is vulnerable to Bio/Chem attack . not just your little corner of it.

[edit on 25/6/2004 by 300k]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I say US because were #1 on most peoples target list.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78

If a vehicle carrying them was destroyed outside of the earths atmosphere it is likely that either the weapon will remain in orbit or they will not survive re-entry. Once a chem/bio agent has re-entered (or if it never left the atmosphere - i.e. a cruise missile) you would be screwed.

This is one of the major benefits of the airbone laser or other theatre missile defense systems - destroy the object while it is still over the enemy and let them die of their own weapons....

top topics

join