It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The top of the North Tower DID tip over and fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I was watching a video of the North tower I hadn't seen before. It shows the tower collapse and has a man on a radio that sounds like a dispatcher of some kind. But at 2:00 the tower starts collapsing. If you look very closely, at 2:08 you can see the spire (pointy long lightning rod from the roof) and the corner of the top of the building completely fallen away and making a "slice" through the smoke. This is something that contradicts what I have heard both conspiracy theorists AND OS supporters say. Watch for yourselves and look very closely.

I think it proves that at least that part of the building wasn't crushing down on the rest. Dunno if this supports or contradicts anything yet.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Varemia because: added a definition on a line that may have been unclear

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Actually, I think it may explain why that part of the building is still standing for a bit. The top of the building may have "torn away" a lot of the building as it fell, and essentially the building ripped sideways off of that corner that waited till the building hit the ground to collapse.

EDIT: On second look, I compared the before and after of that part that was standing. That's the core, not the outside.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Varemia because: made the edit messages look better XD

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've seen different angles of the top of the building tipping. This is a good one but it is the BEST one I have seen of the disintegrating spire. Always been one of the most fascinating pieces of footage for me. I personally think it is the core but watching it just turn to dust reminds me of a lantern mantle after it's been burned in. Really is nothing there but ash. So very strange.

Personally, the top tipping really hurts the official story IMO because it's hard to "crush down" a building when the point of impact is off-center.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I find it interesting that about 1 minute into the video, the dispatcher says, "The North Tower is gonna collapse and we need to move away."

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Zara im sure he was feeling that it was about to. I don't think he really knew when it was going to fall more of a guess or maybe he heard or saw somethign that made him think it was about to fall.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
I've seen different angles of the top of the building tipping. This is a good one but it is the BEST one I have seen of the disintegrating spire. Always been one of the most fascinating pieces of footage for me. I personally think it is the core but watching it just turn to dust reminds me of a lantern mantle after it's been burned in. Really is nothing there but ash. So very strange.

Personally, the top tipping really hurts the official story IMO because it's hard to "crush down" a building when the point of impact is off-center.

Actually, if you look very closely at the spire, you see it fall down, not convert to dust. It is obscured by a layer of dust that had settled on it before it fell. Watch the dark part of it, it goes down and falls at the speed of gravity.

Edit: Also, it happened to fall right when the rumble from the tower crashing into the earth happens. Sounds reasonable to me.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Varemia because: added a line.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

This is what I never understood watching it come down on TV.

I'm no physicist, but if something that big begins moving doesn't something have to act against it to bring it back into alignment with the footprint?

I was told that the buildings were designed to fall into their own footprint, but how does something falling away from the footprint get brought back inline?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum
Thank you for posting this.

This is what I never understood watching it come down on TV.

I'm no physicist, but if something that big begins moving doesn't something have to act against it to bring it back into alignment with the footprint?

I was told that the buildings were designed to fall into their own footprint, but how does something falling away from the footprint get brought back inline?

Yeah, that's why I posted it. The top of the building didn't make it back onto the footprint. It must have crushed on the ground and spread a layer of debris stretching perhaps 40-50 feet next to the tower, I think.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Then they weren't designed to fall into their own footprints?

Also, how did it start a systemic collapse start if only the very top was sliding off? That doesn't make sense to me either.

I also notice a lot of rotation when the building starts to go down... that's really odd, too.
edit on 8-10-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Then they weren't designed to fall into their own footprints?

Also, how did it start a systemic collapse start if only the very top was sliding off? That doesn't make sense to me either.

I also notice a lot of rotation when the building starts to go down... that's really odd, too.
edit on 8-10-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

If it was a systematic collapse, it could have been the diagonal crushing as the top was falling away, but the top definitely didn't add any weight to the collapse after it was initiated.

btw, here is a CNN 9/16/2001 aerial view of the debris. It gets close-up around 1:56

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Looks like a detonation to me.

I've never seen a building with a fire in it collapse. Ever

As for the little bit sticking up, it looks like part of the internal structure that managed to remain upright somehow before losing its stability.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Looks like a detonation to me.

I've never seen a building with a fire in it collapse. Ever

As for the little bit sticking up, it looks like part of the internal structure that managed to remain upright somehow before losing its stability.

If you look, for about a minute before the collapse, the fire is visible through the smoke on one side of the building. It is pretty big, and it happens to be where the building tipped toward.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Varemia because: added

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Thanks again!

What's with the crater?

I don't think torsional forces would have been able to be guided back in... In my mind that would be the coolest thing I've ever heard of. The entire building should have continued twisting. It's as if there was no way for that torsional energy to be expended against the rest of the structure.
edit on 9-10-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: To clarify

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Thanks again!

What's with the crater?

I don't think torsional forces would have been able to be guided back in... In my mind that would be the coolest thing I've ever heard of. The entire building should have continued twisting. It's as if there was no way for that torsional energy to be expended against the rest of the structure.
edit on 9-10-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: To clarify

Idk. Maybe the building took the load and remained stable (straight), but collapsing floors caused issues? I don't see obvious demolition, but if it were that would help it along also. I don't have enough expertise to say left or right.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well, well, well, some enemy combatants/terrorists questioning the official goobermint story, eh? Guess dhs, fbi, cia, nhs, need to send some gestapo over so you terrorists can learn to respect a boot to the face. If you don't believe the muslims hijacked 3 planes and rammed them into the buildings all on their first attempt and that Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, and yemen funded these terrorists, you're anti-american and hate our freedom.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I'm thinking the most plausible explanation is that the top spun free and wasn't forcing the rest of the building down.

That still doesn't explain how the rest of the building pancaked since there wasn't nearly the same load collapsing directly on top of it though.... Maybe it was enough though... *shrugs*

That's why this has always baffled me, it just doesn't add up to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

Out of my thread please. That was totally non-constructive.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

Hahaha, give em a call, maybe they can explain it to me!

I think people flew planes into the Twin Towers... I just don't see how it's possible that tower collapses the way it does.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

I'm thinking the most plausible explanation is that the top spun free and wasn't forcing the rest of the building down.

That still doesn't explain how the rest of the building pancaked since there wasn't nearly the same load collapsing directly on top of it though.... Maybe it was enough though... *shrugs*

That's why this has always baffled me, it just doesn't add up to me.

Same here. It makes me rethink a lot of stuff. I'm still on the fence over whether progressive collapse is inevitable in the towers once a floor falls. The presence of serious fires still raging (by evidence of the smoke still pouring out 5 days afterward) is confusing as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

What fires?

2nd.... you know the drill....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join