It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Note?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Well, i'm addicted to it

Anyways...Thanks for accepting a offtopic in the offtopic. Not what the OP asked for. Kind of agree with the OP

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There's a drum run in but the first guitar lick is what came to mind for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I'd go with both the warbling and the drone note on that one, excellent example!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't remember whether this one note is a part of the song on the album, though I think not.

Tom Petty -- You Got Lucky

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I remember, way back when, there being a bit of a rivalry between the Fixx and another contemporary band amongst my friends and I was the only one who really, really liked the Fixx more, "Red Skies" being a big reason. Thanks for reminding me about them, it's been too long.

Speaking of too long... saw these guys in October of 1983, booked, for some reason, into the local "fine arts" theatre, and after Fee tried to start a riot (among mostly North Dakotan Scandinavians... good luck, lol,) the place banned rock music for about 20 years.

Creepy Fee Waybill costume aside, a great song, heralded by one note. "White Punks on Dope", the Tubes.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

well you know what they say about red skies at night(ha) and had actually been kinda stuck on Stand or Fall the last few days and this one is always in the mix and thought it qualified possibly, funny thing also is I posted before seeing the above, one of my favorites by TP&HB, also reminds me of growing up as a kid with a family member in the music business and this one time we had gone to a backstage dinner meeting type thing and remember a freind and I laughing watching TP looking around for his pen because I had just stole it(oh the shame) after getting an autograph, how bout these guys-

or being a big Floyd fan surely SuperTramps up there somewhere

edit on 12-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join