It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About THE EVENT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The show is still pretty good. That episode 2 weeks ago with that Agent Simon Lee guy was a pretty powerful episode. I cried lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
SPOILERS (IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MON'S EPISODE)

Things are really starting to pick up on this show...and we've got a better idea of the major players and what's going on.

For the "aliens", we know that those who got away years ago, are happy here, and don't want to follow Sophia's plan to return home. It seems they have a "prime directive" ala Star Trek, to not interfere in what they deem to be "benevolent" societies....(as they class us...)...so we know the aliens aren't all that bright....
Seriously though, it was hinted that their homeworld isn't exactly the happiest place in the Universe, and that there are other threats (possibly other aliens) awaiting them there.

I can't help but think that Sophia also plans to try and get Earth up to speed to eventually be able to help them against their enemies. I think this was the reason Sophia pushed for the press conference the President was going to give. Once they were "known" the directive would no longer apply.

The more unknown faction is whatever the old rich guy is running. He seems to be alien (from that one ending scene)...but perhaps he's an alien of the type that shot them down? This would make sense in many regards. Perhaps even the little girls represent an injection he wants to give the aliens to make them age more like humans, or something. It also fits with wanting to kill Sophia. However, he was involved in the plot with the plane, so that would indicate he's working with at least some of Sophia's aliens...so hard to see what's up there.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Any other ATS'ers still watching this show? Still interesting to me, especially with last night's developments...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, I've watch "The Event" hoping for something better than what we got. What can one expect from broadcast TV anyway?
The too many flashbacks confused the story more than keeping me interested in it. Why didn't they at least show any alien flashbacks of there lives before the crash?
Anyway NBC is not bringing the show back until sometime in Feb. if any fans are lucky that is. Until then let's see what "The Cape" has to offer in Jan.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Sanity Lost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

The "flashbacks" have tapered in the last few episodes thankfully.. I didn't like how it went from yesterday to 1952 to 10 min ago etc etc..
But, yes last nights show had me interested again. They didn't show any previews to next weeks episode either (They've never done that..)..so that must mean it's going to be a really good one next Monday, right?

edit on 30-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah, luckily, they got the hint about the flashbacks, and it hasn't been an issue in the past couple episodes, not at all... At least we know what they were going to do that we won't like (i.e. send a message to their people)...or at least one possibility.

Of course, he also said many would die, so that's another mystery....how? My guess is he's bringing the mountain to Moses, since Moses can't get to the mountain...(i.e. hoping their people can get them, and in the process, may just fight the humans)... Who knows?

Sounds to me, like they came from a dying world (or future), and most aren't keen on going back just because they were "ordered" to...especially by a general who's been absent over half a century.... can't say I blame them.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ive been watching but havent seen monday's episode yet. Honestly I didnt mind the flashbacks too much it felt unique to me. As for my personal oppinion on the show, I dont think its 'soft disclosure' but it is entertaining. Ill admit that the first few episodes played on alot of things people normally think about when you say the word 'alien', but it seems the shows got a bit too unrealistic too quickly. I also think that the main downfall of the show was letting the cat out the bag a little too early. The show was hyped as "what is the event" in within the first 2 episodes most of us knew exactly what was going on. If they wouldve strung it out until the season finale it wouldve been much more successful. With that said I dont think we'll see a season 2 which is sad, but imo the writer's fault.

Something to keep me entertained until True Blood or Spartacus starts back up

edit on 1-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

We'll see a season 2...

On October 18, 2010, NBC announced a full-season pick-up for the series, due to its averaging 9.1 million viewers for the first four episodes.[1]

The first 4 shows did well enough to order it, although I think only 9 episodes more than the 13 original ones have been ordered so far.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In the episode which had flashbacks to Lee's relationship with a woman he tell's her that there 'isn't much water where I come from'.

Could that be a reason why some want to stay?

We in the UK are 2 or 3 weeks behind US scheduling.

I hope there is a second series but I also hope it doesn't get dragged out and boring and predictable.
There is only so much mileage in a series like this.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yep, we've certainly had hints that where they are from is no paradise...and this world would have to have something over it to make them want to stay, especially with lower tech, etc.

I still think they are involved in a war, with another alien force, so coming here, was kind of like a vacation. Though the original mission was likely to get us "up to speed" to be able to help them fight their foe, kind of like the old Battlestar Galactica plot was to search for Earth, for our help in fighting the Cylons.

Of course, that's just a wild guess, and could be way off. But, we have to wonder how sending a signal, will kill lots of people (according to Thomas)...and that's my answer (bringing in the enemy as well as your own forces).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I got to about episode 3 or 4 or?

And yeah.... couldn't carry on watching.

It was slow, choppy and boring and I couldn't stand looking at that woman's weird smiling face any longer.
I didn't care for the characters and nothing happened after the first episode and a half.

Really disappointed by this show.

The Walking Dead on the other hand, is fantastic.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
]reply to post by Wookiep

...so that must mean it's going to be a really good one next Monday, right?

It's my understanding that last Monday's episode was the last one for this season.
edit on 2-12-2010 by Sanity Lost because: why not?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Ah, yeah I guess that would make sense. I didn't see any adverts about it being the seasons closer episode, or anything about season 2. Strange.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They did pick it up though. For Season 2.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Watching still and patiantly waiting for the Event...LOL

Yes i think they are OFF world ALIENS..
NO they are not ALIENs as in NO HUMANS..
I think they are HUMANS from the future but from another planet that "we" populated.
The "alien" threat is from another "alien" race that are in conflict with our FUTURE humans...
The signal Thomas sent was sent to THEM to let them know there is another RIPE world
to pick. Sophia is then forced to give us the Earth Humans the means to defend ourselfs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join