It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police threaten to KILL Pastor over License Plate Light being Burned Out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
HAHAAHH I LOVE PASTOR SANDERSON!

This guy has the biggest balls and consistently takes on the biggest tyrants.

Watch the good pastor and his friends frustrate the criminal police as they illegally search, detain, and assault them.

There is a lot of "dead time" in this video waiting for stuff to happen - FYI, no one ends up getting shot.

However, the cops are a bunch of douche bags that go Rambo on the pastor and his friends for not licking boots.

Skip around in the video until you see some action.
edit on 8-10-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow...we do live in a police state..I am surprised they let the guy go.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
[post content removed]

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

edit on 10/9/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow. 27 minutes of nothing happening. You mouth off to anyone like that and they are going to treat you poorly. The pastor is a jerk.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Wow. 27 minutes of nothing happening. You mouth off to anyone like that and they are going to treat you poorly. The pastor is a jerk.

Yeah he's just a jerk.

What a punk.

I agree.

Cops should have shot him.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No, seriously, the pastor is a jerk.

He's driving around looking for trouble, intentionally antagonizing law enforcement officers.

Just try and tell me they weren't driving around with a burnt out light JUST to provoke this kind of reaction. Just try.

He was rude, belligerent, evasive, and acting like an idiot. If I was a police officer and somebody who I pulled over for a LEGITIMATE violation refused to answer all questions and immediately got defensive and evasive, I would think that maybe he was trying to hide something. Maybe the car is stolen, or there is a tied up prostitute in the trunk.

Either way, the officer is 100% correct. The driver's bad attitude, refusal to comply, belligerent tone of voice, and evasive answers to simple and unobtrusive questions ABSOLUTELY DO constitute probable cause to search the vehicle and temporarily detain the driver. He is acting like a criminal, and a total asshole.

This guy should go to jail because he is obstructing law enforcement officers, putting them at risk, and wasting their valuable time.

The fact that you support this jerk and what he is doing is appalling to me.

And just for the record, I'm on your side. I fight for civil rights. This guys is NOT "fighting the good fight", he is trolling for lulz, and asking for trouble.

Good riddance. There are legitimate cases of police officers assaulting people and abusing their authority, and when you post crap like this you cheapen the struggle of REAL people who have to deal with REAL abuse of police power. You undermine and discredit people like ME who are fighting for civil rights. You should be ashamed for having posted this.

Put away your stupid anarchist symbol, learn some responsibility, and grow the frack up.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Watching the video now.

The Officer escalated. The driver does not have to answer any questions or do anything other than provide his Driver's license. Notice the other officer's reaction to the passengers not giving their IDs, this was a power trip.

Everyone take note that at the very end, all those threats, all those claims, they were completely full of it because they let everyone go.

There is no law against LEOs lying. They can say whatever they want (within reason) so don't believe them, know for yourself.
edit on 8-10-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
No, seriously, the pastor is a jerk.

That isn't a crime.

He's driving around looking for trouble, intentionally antagonizing law enforcement officers.

Also, not a crime.

He was rude, belligerent, evasive, and acting like an idiot. If I was a police officer and somebody who I pulled over for a LEGITIMATE violation refused to answer all questions and immediately got defensive and evasive, I would think that maybe he was trying to hide something. Maybe the car is stolen, or there is a tied up prostitute in the trunk.

The driver complied with the officer's requests. He provided his DL, etc. He is not required to answer any questions, it is not a crime.

Either way, the officer is 100% correct. The driver's bad attitude, refusal to comply, belligerent tone of voice, and evasive answers to simple and unobtrusive questions ABSOLUTELY DO constitute probable cause to search the vehicle and temporarily detain the driver. He is acting like a criminal, and a total asshole.

The constitution says otherwise. I've also worked as police officer. Someone using the 5th Amendment doesn't mean I get to search their vehicle. Someone unhappy with seeing me doing my job doesn't give me probable cause so I can search their vehicle.

I can call the K9 unit to do a sniff, that doesn't constitute a search. I can't force people inside the vehicle to get out, though.

Good riddance. There are legitimate cases of police officers assaulting people and abusing their authority, and when you post crap like this you cheapen the struggle of REAL people who have to deal with REAL abuse of police power. You undermine and discredit people like ME who are fighting for civil rights. You should be ashamed for having posted this.

This is an example of officers abusing their authority. Someone doesn't have to die in order for there to be abuse. I also find your claim to be a defender of civil rights laughable seeing as how you marginalize this case.
edit on 8-10-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

ug. what a jack ass cop. so what if the pastor was a little mouthy? cops are rude all the time. but the minute the pastor had a 'bad attitude' all of a sudden a broken tail light case became something that was necessary to pull out a weapon and detain the guy? so lame. why do we keep hiring the dumbest amongst us to enforce the laws.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

it's pretty sad that our post 9/11 programming has people against standing up for your constitutional rights and for the power crazed policeman. you think he's a jerk? HE IS COMPLETELY RIGHT!!! the bullies don't want people to know their rights. The police can tell you they are going to search you and they don't have to tell you that you have the lawful right to refuse. and this cop definetly didn't want the pastor to let anyone else know their rights either, specifically so they wouldn't invoke them. was their light really even out? this is a pretty popular law enforcement tactic to pull people over for no reason. two different people i know were pulled over and detained for a plate light being out and searched questioned and detained, after being released both found their plate lights to be in perfect working order. your opinion that not ignoring your RIGHTS is probable cause is horrific.he wasted his own time trying to act tough and be a bully because they hurt his wittle ego.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Watching this from the perspective of a psych nurse.....who had to deal with really angry people a lot using only communication skills - which I never got hit- not once in 14 years- what I see....

Is that the whole situation escalated when the police officer said, angrily, "YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH" when the guy tried to assert the rights of his passengers.

It went down from there. That was the first abusive comment, and the pastor and the cop both escalated after that.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

And just for the record, I'm on your side. I fight for civil rights. This guys is NOT "fighting the good fight", he is trolling for lulz, and asking for trouble.

Just for the record, you are not on my side, and to the best of my knowledge, you're not on the O.P.'s side either. I have no knowledge of the O.P. advocating "civil rights", and I certainly do not advocate these legal rights, as We the People are endowed with unalienable rights, and under such governance are not in need of any "civil rights" granted us by government.

Where you view the burnt out light to a license plate as a legitimate violation of law, I see a gross intrusion upon the freedom of a person's right to travel. Had that person been truly committing a crime, and a crime as clearly defined by abrogating and derogating the rights of others, then the burnt out light on the license plate might have some validity. Might, but I am only striving to grant some lee way to law enforcement by making such any allowance. Detaining a person simply because their light above the license plate was burnt out is not, by an stretch of the imagination, a protection of rights. In a free society, if law enforcement are not working towards protecting the rights of individuals then they are not serving, nor protecting the public, and instead are serving and protecting something altogether entirely different.

Being a "jerk" is not illegal. Police officers are not above the law, they are tasked with upholding the law, and that law begins with the Supreme Law of the Land, which would be both the State Constitution in the state they reside, and The Constitution for the United States of America. Under those Constitutions, it is the people who hold the inherent political power, and government exists to serve the people, not the other way around.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: one stupid grammatical error

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

I like how when the cop asks the passengers for ID and they respond "am i required to give it to you?" he shuts the door and walks away.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

dude. great post. the increased emphasis on civil rights instead of human rights, the increased role of the regulatory state and executive branches of government. these things have made our country unrecognizable.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

dude. great post. the increased emphasis on civil rights instead of human rights, the increased role of the regulatory state and executive branches of government. these things have made our country unrecognizable.

Sadly, "civil rights" are shoved down our throats as if they are the cornerstone of freedom. Those who bandy about the term "civil rights" as if they are saintly advocates of freedom should not be given the respect they clearly think they deserve. They are clearly sycophants of tyranny, and hope to disguise their odious leanings in the cloth of freedom. We should not let such naked emperors get away with their indecency and call them on the naked truth.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I would rather not comment on the pastor's actions and motive, however his freaking out over a drawn sidearm is unwarranted. If a stopped vehicles has multiple occupants and the driver is acting as the preacher did, there is an automatic perceived threat. The officer's comment "it's going to get a lot deadlier" may not have been the wisest choice of words, but leo's are far from politicians. His statements were accurate to an extent, only if to imply that if the good pastor became aggressive that the situation would indeed become life threatening. I remember a policing class I took as an elective when earning my BA. The professor was also a captain of a sheriff's department, and a good man. He showed us police training videos, where troopers, officers and deputies were popped out of a driver or passenger window while just approaching the driver's side during a routine traffic stop. There is good reason officers may seem overly defensive or aggressive.

I do not support a police state in any way, shape or form. LEO's come in all shapes, colors and personalities. It is a practice in ignorance to group any two or more together. The fight needs to be taken up with law makers and department heads rather than you average beat officers.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Use your brain

As some one who has worked as a LEO, I completely disagree with your post.

The driver committed no crime.

The officer escalated the situation.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The police infringed on his rights, but he acted like an A-hole. This whole situation could have been avoided easily.

LEO: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Guy: No
LEO: Your plate light was out.
Guy: I didn't know.
LEO: Do you have anything illegal on you or in the car?
Guy: Nope.
LEO: Can I search the vehicle?
Guy: Officer I don't consent to searches.
LEO: Ok hold on.
LEO: Here's a ticket, have a nice day.

As simple as that.
edit on 9-10-2010 by The_Gypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Gypsy

I wouldn't have even let go that far. As soon as he said, "That's my business." I would have handed him his ID back with the fix-it ticket and left. No need to possibly die over a freaking light bulb.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Gypsy

yea and real life doesn't always sound exactly like a manual. that pastor threatened the officer in no way, and yet one of the officers felt compelled to tell him how 'deadly' his weapon is. lots of people are jerks. but maybe a police officer should be trained to deal with jerks in a responsible way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join