It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want your money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This was an absolutely hilarious video clip of the upcoming movie. I like the cartoon parts the best because it distracts me from the sad reality of our current fiscal issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

ok man great find and here it comes

its a film made by conservatives for conservatives so the bickering will begin..............

you know where i come from and i agree with what was said in the video

government isnt the solution its part of the problem...........
edit on 8-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, I'm just waiting on it.

But hopefully we will get some levelheaded libertarians, classical liberals and conservatives on here, but we need a balance too.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh gods, conservatives are going into the film industry?

There goes entertainment. Now we are going to have to put up with pathetic garbage like this trying to pass itself off as entertainment when it's just a propaganda film! "Sigh"

edit on 10/9/2010 by whatukno because: Added sigh

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I like the message, but the messengers are obviously the same people that brought us the deficit. Coming this Fall...just in time for elections.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Oh gods, conservatives are going into the film industry?

There goes entertainment. Now we are going to have to put up with pathetic garbage like this trying to pass itself off as entertainment when it's just a propaganda film! "Sigh"

edit on 10/9/2010 by whatukno because: Added sigh

You have to love the irony though!

They quote Ron Reagan .... the only Conservative president to spend more money than Reagan was Bush, but even by Percentage of the total budget, Reagan is still the most expensive "Conservative" President........ and he's now apparently the Republican model for Government restraint??

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
A movie supporting the party of regression!

Wow; what a horrible last attempt for the GOP to gain more younger voters. I like how they keep showing the worst president America has ever had: Ronald Reagan.

If any president "ruined America" and set it up for failure it was that person who should have died in 1981 for the betterment of the world, Ronald Reagan.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Alright, let's go piece by piece:

OH HOLY MONKEYS IT BEGINS IDIOTICALLY.

I'm sorry, but that was a knee jerk reaction, I didn't give the idiocy of the first 12 seconds enough credit, it's really idiotic.

The video claims that Obama is redistributing the wealth.
Obama is in no way redistributing the wealth by returning tax levels for those making over $250,000 to the levels they were at when Clinton was in office

Then it claims that he thinks it's a good thing because he learned it in school.
They're outright lying about Obama there, he never said it was a good thing.

Then the reanimated zombie Reagan says:
I learned from real life that it's not good, it's theft.
Putting your words into the mouth of a (somehow) beloved political leader doesn't make them valid

Next it puts up some random bits with money spent under Obama, ignoring the fact that a democratic administration (Clintons) had a budget surplus that Bush Jr. pissed away.

Then it claims that they didn't take the time to read the bill to pass it into law. Was a year not long enough? The bill was about as long as the last Harry Potter book, I know 12 year olds that read that in a day without having a group of staffers to help them.

Then it takes the ridiculous misstep by Pelosi in which she flubbed her delivery. She clearly meant that passing the bill would allow you to find out how much it will benefit you, not what is actually in it.

That's why the soundbite culture in modern media, particularly on Fox News, is so idiotic.

Then it quotes the most ridiculous thing Reagan ever said: Government is not the solution to your problem, government is the problem.

By his statement the ideal for the world is anarchy.

Anyone who actually has read up on political philosophy and political science will tell you that government is the solution to a great many things.
In this case, it is the solution for health care and that has been proven the world over

I'm sorry, I can't continue. The stupidity of this trailer hurts. It's going to be so painful to actually watch it so I can refute it on here eventually, but I'll be a trooper and do it for the greater good.

Lies and idiocy aren't the best way to make a good point.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I just thought it was overall funny, that's why I chose to show it. I know it's made by the people who are responsible for setting us up for the fall. But Obama is keeping it going so I feel no mercy for him and what he gets from the mass hypocrites.

But I am seriously afraid of the current horrible economic situation which keeps getting worse, regardless of who's telling it.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier

If any president "ruined America" and set it up for failure it was that person who should have died in 1981 for the betterment of the world, Ronald Reagan.

where do you get off with this post? really where? the attempted assination of a sitting united states of america president is a joke to you? not only a joke you clearly said....

"If any president "ruined America" and set it up for failure it was that person who should have died in 1981 for the betterment of the world, Ronald Reagan. "

this comming from the same guy who says all guns should be banned dude i seriously have no respect for you at all.

and if you lived under reagan which i highly doubt the crap you are shoveling wouldnt be happening...

i am not surprised at this behavior its what i come to expect from a " liberal progressive" oh and by the way if you didnt know john hinkley jr. was a liberal democrat.......
edit on 9-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Obama is trying to cut the deficit by $700 billion annually and is running into a Republican stonewall over it.

He's trying. It's hard to get 538 cats into the same room and have them all agree with you.

And honestly, lies aren't funny. It's this sort of outright deceitful bovine excrement that's harming the political discourse in America.

new topics

top topics

join