It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and Science a look at the relationship between the two! INTERESTING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have an interest in how religion has been viewed over time and its interlink with modern science and the lives of people as we get more savvy and intelligent. Can there be room for both Religion and Science? I have my views but for the sake of the thread they shall remain mine. I wish to share a Nice little Documentary by BBC Horizon which looks at the relationship between the two. Enjoy.

Also added another short about Physicists and God which is part of a larger program called Sixty Symbols produced by Nottingham University UK. Again Enjoy!

Historian Dr Thomas Dixon delves into the BBC's archive to explore the troubled relationship between religion and science. From the creationists of America to the physicists of the Large Hadron Collider, he traces the expansion of scientific knowledge and asks whether there is still room for God in the modern world.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Do Physicists believe in GOD?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
MODS can you move this to the correct forum please. I have posted it in the wrong forum. It is about Religion and Science NOT conspiracy. Sorry!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed
Can there be room for both Religion and Science?

I don't see why not. The only time it becomes a problem is when someone refuses to believe something that has been proven by science because a religious book says something different.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here you will find the mathematical connection between religion and science:

smphillips.8m.com...

Here you will find astounding PROOF (as rigorous as anything found in academic mathematics) of the existence of a transcendental intelligence in the mathematical design of various systems found in nature. Here are 52 research articles and hundreds of pages of material and powerful graphics that prove that the sacred geometries of various religions not only are equivalent to one another (the implications of which are truly profound) but also encode the nature of the smallest things in the universe - superstrings, as well as human DNA, the human skeleton and the seven musical scales. Here at last is incontrovertible evidence for the existence of a cosmic blueprint that physicists are uncovering in the form of M-theory.

Don't expect to discover immediately the wonderful, quantitative harmony that exists between the mystical aspects of certain religions and various scientific facts and theories, once one moves beyond religious words to the "divine mathematics" that these words express. This website presents a paradigm that integrates religions and science, and its discussion is intellectually demanding, requiring mathematical skills. If you persevere, however, you will encounter overwhelming evidence of divine design in matter, man & music. It is advisable to read the web pages first before studying the research articles on the website.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

MrRed,

Man's science will have an end but God will not. Men think they can prove anthing with science and go about trying to do it and usually you soon catch they want to lead it off in a specific direction. True science without leanings will lead I believe to the fact that God is erernal and that He exists. Jim Mc Canney is a top notch scientist that makes sense of things. I enjoy his presentations.

Truthiron

g

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Im really annoyed by that question "do physicists believe in G-d"?

Whats makes a physicist more qualified to demonstrate g-ds existence when by definition experience of the transcendent is beyond the physical, and thus beyond their domain.

Aside from that, Yes, most physicists most certainly do believe in G-d. If by G-d you mean what deists and pagan philosophers mean by G-d, the sum total of experential reality and its principles (the principles themselves are deified in polytheistic religions).

But in truth, the most effective way to prove categorically G-ds existence is a method mostly unknown, and if its discussed, its usually mocked because of the lack of background knowledge needed to appreciate the funamental relationship between language and reality.

Hebrew is the secret of creation. Kabbalists know that reality is governed through the principles and archetypes which Hebrew words symbolize. The pronounciation of the word is literally the human parallel to the spiritual concept which it represents. Reality is contantly buzzing, vibrating - which is the speech of the speaker - G-d, who brings reality into existence. So, the philosophers are right that G-d is the sum total of existence. Everything is him, all reality exists within him. But, G-d is also MORE than the sum total of reality. The world is in him him, but he is not in the world (defined by the world). He is much greater and beyond our greatest apprehension of divinity. Any limitation or experience by defintion has already lost all conception of what G-d really is. Which is infinite. Even infinity is a limitation, because its contrasted with finitude. And thus a human concept.

So, the greatest mystery yet untold is how hebrew contains the meaning for our earthly existence. Just as Hebrew creates the spiritual worlds, so to does it manifest the physical - which is why Hebrew is noted for its efficacy in manipulating physical creation (although prohibitted by Jewish law). Some of this is already being hinted at today. The gematria of kabbalah - 137, is the same as the DNA of an atom. There are 86 forms of metal, and 26 fundamental constants which

But perhaps its still to early to come outright and make any associations between physical sciences and kabbalah without a more mainstream support of this idea. But, it should be mentioned, that the kabbalah 137 point i mentioned earlier was suggested by physcist Arthur I Miller in his book " the strange friendship of wolfgang Paulie and CG Jung". So i think he was alluding to something already ardenty discussed in certan intellectual circles.

At this point, simple matters like how the Earth parallels the divine Sefirot - 7 continents = 7 emotional sefirot, and 3 oceans 3 intellectual sefirot will have to suffice

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

Science and Spirituality are both the search for truth, I don't believe they disagree.

Science and Spirituality are both about DISCOVERY, they both exist whether we percieve it or not.

Any discrepency between the two constitutes a lack of understanding of one or both sides.

Science discovered weapons of war, humans turned them on each other.

Spirituality discovered The Golden Rule, humans choose to be ruled by gold.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am not one to knock someones' beliefs straight off the bat and I do believe that if people wish to
worship or prey to a "higher" entity then be my guest.

I am though a believer in testing theories and methods and seeing things "with my own eyes".

I have yet to be convinced that religion is as involved as some may think it is. I should not debate that here but in all fairness science does have its problems to.

top topics

join