It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Republicans Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Somehow, I ended up on the mailing list of the democrats. I am not a democrat or a republican, I think both sides are total farces. Still, I thought it would be a useful talking point to see what the Democratic party is sending to the Texas voters. This is the email I recived today....

We need to send a message to Democratic base voters immediately. Read on to learn how we can do it in our GOTV precincts in Texas.

**snip** (Donation link removed because it is not relevant

If the talking heads on TV and the pundits in the Beltway are right, all the forward progress for working families and average folks achieved by President Obama and the Democrats is about to come to a screeching halt. When the Republicans win control of the House or Senate, gridlock will be permanent.

When Rick Perry wins re-election, this next legislative session will be brutal as he destroys Texas' educational system and safety net programs to fill his $22 billion state budget deficit.

When Republicans retain control of the Texas House, the 2011 redistricting will result in Republican majority districts to keep this state in a permanent right-wing grip for decades.

But these things don't have to happen. If they do, it's because the base voters didn't turn out. It's not that there is a Republican wave or crazy-ass Tea Party folks marching with pitchforks. It's because WE DID NOT DO OUR JOBS AND VOTE.

All the polls this week are showing trends back to sanity and in support of Democrats. Bill White's small deficit in the recent polls is easily overcome IF OUR BASE VOTERS COME OUT.

I'm tired of yelling at the TV. I'm pissed off that Obama and the Democratic Majority haven't moved as fast as I'd like on real fundamental progressive programs. The R's party of perpetual "No" makes me seethe.

And because of all this, I almost sat out this election. It seemed that throwing a childish tantrum in my apartment was about all that I could muster.

But then I think of how bad the next two years are going to be. In Texas, they'll easily balance the state budget if Rick Perry stays in office. His team is already talking about taking off the caps of class size. In my first teaching job in Navasota, I taught 34 fifth graders. That's an easy way to save billions again.

We can save another billion by just jacking up college tuition. We can double fees for every state program. We cut education, public health, and environmental protection (maybe just abolish that last one). We won't raise taxes, but if forced to do so, it'll be a sales tax increase to hit lower-income folks the hardest.

We need to elect Bill White and add to our Democratic House seats. We need to have a Democratic Congress to protect Obama's back.

I've been mulling about what you and I could do to tell our base voters what's at stake. We should go into those neighborhoods of progressives, African American, Hispanic and Asian voters and leave a message of what will happen when the Republicans win.

The easiest way to do that is to blanket the street corners with signs with a very direct message. If we can raise $5,000 over this weekend, we can have these signs shipped by the beginning of early voting.

**snip** (Donation link removed because it is not relevant

Here's the sign we are moving to production. It has a different message on each side and contains six bullet points. We go to production Monday, so if you have a suggestion of a substitute bullet point, send it and which you think should be replaced! I'll consider substitutions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d54a6656d60.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10-8-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Special interests win? The Democrats proved how connected many of them are to special interests when they decided to put down the public option, when they held a filibuster proof position but failed to make a stand by removing the Patriot act, my passing real healthcare reform. The Democrats are not a reliable party, they had their chance (again) and proved just how corrupted they are. As for the Republicans, the bulk of this mess lies in their hands. Electing them will not make a difference, only that much worse... unless ofcourse you are just a voter hoping to see another 'Southern social conservative Joe' in the whitehouse with 'christian' values. But then again that is what most tea partiers, conservatives and the like are looking for, social conservatives back into the whitehouse and DC.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Special interests win? The Democrats proved how connected many of them are to special interests when they decided to put down the public option, when they held a filibuster proof position but failed to make a stand by removing the Patriot act, my passing real healthcare reform.

Yeah, I noticed that. I also noticed that when B.O. supposedly tried to find advisers who were not insiders, he was unable to do it, so he gave up.
Can't imagine it is possible for ANYONE to do it anymore.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

do they really expect people to beleive that? ok dumb question they do.........

obama and the left not moving fast enough thats a laugh

ok talk about the grand lie geezzzzzzzz they are throwing everything in but the kitcken sink......

ok the right had its chance and the left had its chance next player in the price is right is going to be ??

you know i hate politics but i see the toll it takes on our lives when we site back oblivious to the world around us.

vote dont care who you vote for just vote and educate yourself to todays politic may god have mercy on all our souls.....

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Step 1: Flip coin.
Step 2: Smash head against wall.
Step 3: Repeat.

More partisan bile; if we don't get real decent non-affiliated candidates as a majority, or even a large minority we're doomed to ride this fiendish carousel indefinitely.
edit on 10/8/2010 by eNumbra because: emphasis

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Agreed, either we will continue this mess indefinately or end up with a festering wound in washington that leads to an unwanted replacement of our republic with something worse.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Special interests win? The Democrats proved how connected many of them are to special interests when they decided to put down the public option, when they held a filibuster proof position but failed to make a stand by removing the Patriot act, my passing real healthcare reform. The Democrats are not a reliable party, they had their chance (again) and proved just how corrupted they are. As for the Republicans, the bulk of this mess lies in their hands. Electing them will not make a difference, only that much worse... unless ofcourse you are just a voter hoping to see another 'Southern social conservative Joe' in the whitehouse with 'christian' values. But then again that is what most tea partiers, conservatives and the like are looking for, social conservatives back into the whitehouse and DC.

I just love it when the democrats bring up special interest groups
Since when do the democrat not have there own long list of special interest groups like illegals and the groups supporting them, The tree hugger that have been running companies and jobs out of the US for years.
or the unions that have supported the democrats for years and get special laws made to protect there jobs at the expense of the non union workers.
In Calif i was a non union industrial construction electrician for over 30 years.
A few years ago the union in Calif got a licencing law in for electricians.
But there friends in the state legislature rigged it so that a large number of us non union could not get licenced.
were had to show we had 5 years of on the job experience as a electrician.
I was a electrician in the Navy for 6 years but that did not count.
The other companies i had worked for were out of business or had changed ownership and i could not get there records.
some of the companies had even went union and they flatly refused to provide copies of my employment records. or any other non union employees that had worked for the companies before they went union.

If you want to see what happens when the democrats are in control you only need to look at Calif where they have been in control of the state legislature for many years.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I smell total desperation by the Democrats.

When Republicans win.....Democrats lose, and that is good enough for me!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
thought I might post a sibling thread on the signage the Republicans are putting up in my neighborhood. www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join