It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you were given complete control of the Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I realize the premise is as absurd as it gets on here, but allow me to explain.

The last few years of my life have been a time of tremendous growth and maturity for me personally. More so than the rest of the years in my life combined. I know many other members know exactly what I mean. In the past, I've looked at society's problems and felt like the only way to improve the environment we find ourselves in, is with force. In my mind i thought that from a position of absolute authority, i would force them to conform, force them share in my worldview. Force them to see that my opinion is right. Anyone that didn't agree with me was obviously not as intelligent or righteous. I would drag society to my idea of a utopia kicking and screaming if need be.

Now, a little older and a little wiser, i find my views on people changing drastically. I realize that force, of any kind, is evil. Humanity is not where it needs to be not because people are bad or stupid, but because they have been deceived. Being the social creatures that we are, it's very easy to deceive human beings. We desire acceptance, love, companionship...things most of us foolishly think we will never have if we are just ourselves. We laugh at sheep because they are simple and easily led, but what about human beings? We don't even need a sheepdog because WE keep each other in line. What a sad state indeed!

After doing a little thinking, i came up with a few ideas that would help if i had the authority. With the way things are going, figuring out how to make a better system might become more reality than fantasy. I am eager to hear your ideas.

1.) A new form of government where everyone takes part. People over 18 will be randomly chosen by either social security number or whatever form of identification is selected. They will serve a single 1 year term (can opt out for health reasons, etc) and cannot serve again for another decade. This way, no one will be involved in politics long enough to become corrupt or out of touch with the people. With such a short time in office, people will have no choice but to put the needs of the collective ahead of their own desire for more power, money, influence, etc. Things will get done more efficiently and with less red tape.

2.) At the age of 18, everyone will be provided with what Terence McKenna referred to as a "heroic dose" of psilocybin mushrooms. People will realize the power of the ego and how it affects their daily lives. They will understand that we all are one, and that acceptance, tolerance, and love are the truths that have been hidden from us. Oppressive regimes will topple across the world as people begin to understand they've been tricked.

3.) A new currency backed by gold and printed by the people, not a small group of powerful bankers that manipulate the world markets and treat the people as an ATM. Growth will be real, stable, and sustainable.

4.) Complete disclosure of all known information. There should be no more "secrets". Not of humanity's origins, not of the current technological capabilities of world superpowers, nothing. Complete transparency from the top to the bottom with a new system of education teaching the truth. The money used in black projects and for wars will be more than enough to provide every person with healthcare and a free education, including college. All advanced technology will be used for the benefit of humanity. No more money spent on creating deadlier weaponry.

I could go on but most of them would either fit into or be solved by one of the above.

Let's hear some of your ideas.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

1.) A new form of government where everyone takes part. People over 18 will be randomly chosen by either social security number or whatever form of identification is selected. They will serve a single 1 year term (can opt out for health reasons, etc) and cannot serve again for another decade. This way, no one will be involved in politics long enough to become corrupt or out of touch with the people. With such a short time in office, people will have no choice but to put the needs of the collective ahead of their own desire for more power, money, influence, etc. Things will get done more efficiently and with less red tape.

This would certainly be a good beginning and the rest would follow, my question to you is how would we go about forming this new form of government, how would we kick out the bums who are there now?

I would add not allowing American companies to manufacture off shore, if they did they wouldn't be allowed to export back to the U.S. Current companies who are now off shore wouldn't be allowed to export to the U.S. Keep American jobs in America.

Good post and ideas.

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Interesting ideas, all. But they stem from the society that we have been living in for the past years. How 'bout just starting over.

First off, 18 is not old enough to make political decisions, even if it is for one year.
If politics of any kind is to be, choose older people...between the ages of 55 and 60...wisdom and thought that those younger do not have as of yet.

Secondly, do away with the monetary situation and work in the barter system. You do a job for someone, and then trade for what you need. If you are a doctor and you heal your patient, you get paid. Can't heal your patient...you do not deserve to be paid.

Thirdly, dump the motor vehicles, unless they are solar powered or wind powered . Not a thing wrong with a good ol' reliable horse and buggy. And of course, you have created the job of cleaning up the horse poop.

Just three ideas of hundreds that could be implimented. Going back in time???

I say NO. It is actually advancement. Use/develop clean energy, grow our own food, no gm's, less stress...think of it. The earth is happy, and we could be too.

~holly

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What if you were given complete control of the earth?

I would amass all of the worlds military into one area and offer this announcement.

There are 3 rules.

"As of this moment all forms of government and corporations are eliminated, if you attempt to form a government or a corporation of any size you will be terminated without prejudice"

"You and you alone are responsible for your actions, You are free to enjoy your life and to do as you wish while respecting your fellow man,You will work together and help each other freely,
If you need something ask for it, trade and barter and do it fairly,
You will do no harm with intent, to yourself or others, if you do you will be terminated without prejudice".

Every Saturday and Sunday is world party and cook out days, pay attention to the announcements made weekly on party themes and locations attendance is not mandatory but seriously you'd have to be an idiot not to come,
main meats and beverages will be provided please if you can bring a side dish or dessert, (yes chips count but come on!)

Good Luck, Be Good !

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I say you should tally the results to see what route everyone takes, and the most popular

i'd probably do what they've been doing, for me to know and for you to find out, here read this. *hands out preplanned agenda's"

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If I were given complete control of the earth, who would be giving me this complete control? If there is any truth at all that just governments are instituted by the consent of the governed, one would have to assume that this complete control was given to me by the entire population of the planet. Of course, as you point out, such a notion is entirely absurd. Even if a a majority with a clear mandate were to give me complete control of the earth, this is also absurd. It is highly unlikely, in my opinion, that a one world government will be established with any degree of stability any time soon. There are some who argue that a one world government is the natural progression of humanity, but I would argue otherwise. A no world government, and a world of self governed people is the natural progression of humanity. I respectfully submit that people are more inclined towards freedom than they are slavery.

That said, in between the polarities of freedom and slavery there seems to be a historical pattern of a gradient scale where people are either apathetically under the illusion of security, or no longer under such an illusion and filled with unrest, and a need for justice. Aristotle divided this gradient in terms of the have's, and the have not's. He argued that when the have's have so much that the have not's can no longer comfortably survive, the have not's revolt and demand a redistribution of wealth. Once this redistribution of wealth has been, to some degree or another, equitably meted out, the have not's return to an apathetic state, satisfied with their comfort zones, while the have's go back to accumulating wealth until the disparity between the have's and have not's becomes too great again, and the cycle continues endlessly.

Whether it be described as the have and have not's, as Aristotle described them, or as the bourgeois and proletariat as Marx described them, the entire wealth disparity perception is based upon the premise of scarcity. Scarcity is the premise behind virtually all current economic theories in existence. As long as scarcity is the premise, the notion of self governance is unlikely. Scarcity leads to manipulation of wealth and/or commodities. He who controls the food supply and water supply controls the world, nation, community, or village. That control is largely gained by manipulating perceptions of scarcity.

While there are certain environmental factors that support the notion of scarcity, these notions are primitive and not truly reflective of the human condition. Were we simply primates like other animals, or not primates but still animals, or insects, or plants, the problem of scarcity would be understandable, but we are not simply just primates, we are human! We are humanity, and like no other species on the planet, we have endeavored to change the circumstances of our existence since time immemorial. We have evolved from hunter/gatherers to the development of agriculture. We have evolved from slow moving beasts, to masters of other beasts for quicker mobility to the invention machines for even quicker mobility. We are the only species on the planet who has found the means by which to escape the planet. We are humanity! We are not bound like the rest of the planet's species to the chains of scarcity.

I respectfully submit that a paradigm shift is necessary if we are to ever truly escape the chains of bondage and finally be free...free at last. We must shift from the perceptions of scarcity to the perceptions of abundance. We are humanity and we are abundantly so. We are humanity and we are abundance in terms of ideas, and inventiveness. We have facilitated our own remarkable success in propagation by creating abundance through agriculture, medicine, science, and the understanding of universal laws. The universe is abundant, and there is no reason to limit ourselves to the primitive notions of scarcity.

Once we truly embrace our own abundance, and the universe's abundance, then we can begin to abandon ideas of scarcity and the manipulation that comes with it, and all of us can create our own wealth according to our own desires. Once we abandon notions of manipulation through scarcity, and instead manipulate through abundance, we no longer need to fear each other, and can instead work with each other as we see fit. Once we abandon our fears of each other, we no longer need to worry about establishing justice since all will be just, and self governance will become the norm, instead of a silly pipe dream.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra

1.) A new form of government where everyone takes part.

2.) At the age of 18, everyone will be provided with what Terence McKenna referred to as a "heroic dose" of psilocybin mushrooms. People will realize the power of the ego and how it affects their daily lives. They will understand that we all are one, and that acceptance, tolerance, and love are the truths that have been hidden from us.

3.) A new currency backed by gold and

4.) Complete disclosure of all known information.

We dont need a new government we need a new genetically improved human. Simply breeding the top 5 percent of males to the top 90 percent of females would create a genius race in 5 generations.

A dose of psilocybin wont change most people
at all. It doesnt contain any spiritual knowledge.
And spiritual knowledge (conversion) just gives people more ability to control others. Many current politicians have this as does your average preacher. Most of your gurus who have this knowledge are quite crazy, indulging their every whim of money,food and sex. This even includes the ones who are enlightened or egoless. Getting rid of the ego is not possible except for a rare 1 in a billion person.
The Ego is Fear. Fear makes people insecure. So they have no concept of abundance and freedom and there isnt any way for them to actually get it except as a concept.
Which is only better than nothing.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am not sure the title is fitting, I see Earth as our Mother and as the Planet itself. Perhaps using the word "World" would be more in line with Man's "Power and Control" mechanisms.

When I first saw the OP I instantly began formulating Tidal Waves, Volcanoes, and a few Earth Quakes in my attempts at changing Man and his evil ways. Then I realized that "Earth" meant controlling from within Man's Domain rather than Mother Nature's, oh well it was fun while it lasted. LOL

As for the OP, wow please take control and fast! I love your thoughts and have always felt that those that "serve" in today's world are only serving themselves.

S&F Thanks for my brief fantasy anyways! For a moment there I was in a 'Parkay' Commercial!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Secondly, do away with the monetary situation and work in the barter system. You do a job for someone, and then trade for what you need. If you are a doctor and you heal your patient, you get paid. Can't heal your patient...you do not deserve to be paid.

And what if my patient does not have what I need? What if I need something specific that no people having conditions I treat have?
Sorry, but I we have come from the caves long ago, money is a wondeful invention, sound money backed by commodities and printed conservatively by the people. The problem is out current corrupt instance of monetary system, not the concept of money itself.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

People over 18 will be randomly chosen by either social security number or whatever form of identification is selected. They will serve a single 1 year term (can opt out for health reasons, etc) and cannot serve again for another decade. This way, no one will be involved in politics long enough to become corrupt or out of touch with the people. With such a short time in office, people will have no choice but to put the needs of the collective ahead of their own desire for more power, money, influence, etc. Things will get done more efficiently and with less red tape.

Only random selection? What if you choose some local nazi or genuinely stupid or evil person? Will people be able to opt out ONLY for health reasons? Isnt that slavery, forcing someone to do something because he is healthy?

I would go the other way - en.wikipedia.org...
or direct democracy where everyone would have right to vote and propose bills. In the IT age, nothing impossible.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OP, this thread will be shut down unless you edit out the illegal drug usage part....

Until then, I would like to participate.

If I were given complete control of the Earth, the first thing I'd do is eliminate all male nurses.

The only thing a male should nurse is a bottle of scotch.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I would steal from rich people so everyone can be equal, except me. I would kindly take on the unfairness of such an unfortunate predicament to save everyone else from inequality.

If everyone is poor and downtrodden there is true equality. I would take on the role as the sole outcast for the good of mankind.
edit on 9-10-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Holly N.R.A, I appreciate your motives but I think your implementation would be destructive.

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
First off, 18 is not old enough to make political decisions, even if it is for one year.
If politics of any kind is to be, choose older people...between the ages of 55 and 60...wisdom and thought that those younger do not have as of yet.

Yet younger people have a sense of motivation and injustice that is often dampened with age and cynicism. So we've already established that only the tired old codgers should have a say in the world? I completely agree that we should be willing to make the most out of the wealth of resources that the older part of the population contains, instead of dumping them into retirement homes at the first opportunity, but I think your idea is as equally dangerous and wasteful.

So if you've got anything that is less than 90% treatable, you'll die. Doctors will still need to put bread on the family table, just like everyone else; they are not going to waste time and resources on anything with an element of risk. Doctors should be paid for trying. That's all you can ask from someone who has to battle against nature on a daily basis. Also I think that the monetary system has a lot of value if properly implemented, otherwise you're stuck with a fairly disproportionate trade system. How many carrots is a life-saving quadruple bypass worth? Even if you'll have enough, they will rot before the doctor can eat them or trade them off - and do you really want to die because all the doctors are busy trying to barter away mountains of carrots before they go moldy?

Thirdly, dump the motor vehicles, unless they are solar powered or wind powered . Not a thing wrong with a good ol' reliable horse and buggy. And of course, you have created the job of cleaning up the horse poop.

I quite like this idea, but I'd rather see a very effective, well maintained and centrally controlled public transport system. No shareholders, no profit. If you pay the transport tax you get unlimited access nation-wide. I wonder how many carrots the transport tax will cost?

If I were in charge of the world, it would be terrible. Oh, I would mean well, but I wouldn't trust other people to "get it" the way I do. I would end up micromanaging, then making sweeping and reckless decisions in frustration as I try to force everyone else to "get it". I would want every child to get the education they deserve, every poor person to get the support they need, while denying the scroungers the chance to waste their lives by cheating the system. The prisons would burst as the police march the streets. Millions would end up starving and unemployed as I decide that their industries serve no further purpose. There would be riots and insurrection. Eventually it would end up as genocide as swathes of chavs and underclass benefits scroungers get rounded up and removed "for the greater good". I would mean well, but I would wield the power in a way that would lead to terrible consequences.

I would weep for every drop of blood spilled, but still I would cut, as a surgeon carves away the flesh without realising where the tumour ends and the body begins...

So, who wants to vote for me as World Leader?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

At 18 and with no political experience of any kind, you'd be completely unprepared to rule. You wouldn't have years of being in the "system" and, as such, you'd find yourself completely out of your element. You wouldn't know the "ins and outs" of the presidency and would find yourself at the mercy of your advisers. At the end of your 1 year term, you might just start to get the hang of ruling; only to find that you're out and someone else is in.

There's also a huge problem with just selecting someone randomly and having being 18 years old be the only requirement.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Besides every shot being delivered back, along with the trauma Id make sure starvation would end. Fear and darkness would end. There would be mutual peaceful respect for everyone. No more deliberately hurtful deception. No more war, period. No more evil. Good temptations. A different way of spiritual growth. No more slavery or insecurities. No more n.l.p. or people speakin in code. The bottom of the pyramid will be flipped upside down! Love will supercede order.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
When I was younger I wanted to rule the world. I was convinced that I could do a better job than the current system, and make the world a better place.

As I got older, I realized that I wasn't as smart as I thought I was, and that I didn't have the knowledge or experience necessary to be in control of the earth.

As I got older still, I realized that my level of knowledge or experience was irrelevant:

I don't have the right to control the world. It's that simple. Even if I was convinced that I could do a good job - I don't have the right.

All I have a right to is my own life, to live as best I can. It is not for me to coerce or control others.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Easy...since I'm the ruler of the entire world:

1. I wouldn't need or want any country to have a large military and I would have to assume that as leader of the world I could disarm any country I wanted.
2. with those trillions upon trillions of dollars I save I would institute free food, medical care, education and shelter for everyone.
3. Everything else would just fall into place. (theoretically) especially since taxes would actually lower due to the military budget savings we would have.
4. Sure there would still be problems but they'd be minor in the scheme of things.
edit on 10-10-2010 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If I had complete control of the Earth, it would be an anarchy. The only fundamentals will be border lines between states/nations in order to be organized. Each state will have a meeting place where debates and activity plannings are held. If a state effort is required, voting will be held and it will be out in the open, you put the strip of paper in the box with your vote on it (anonymously). Then, after everyone has voted, each strip will be taken out and shown to everyone so that they can know who really won and there will be no vote cheats.

There will be no currency, only trade and thus no banks or federal reserve. The only laws governing each state will be put on the inside of the meeting place on the back wall where the stand is. Every state will have the freedom of religion, speech, assembly, possession, life and the pursuit of happiness (unless the happiness interferes with the other freedoms). There will be no discrimination laws against gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or AGE. Everyone will have the same freedoms.

Court trails will also be done in the meeting place but instead of judges, the person would plea their case and then the people decide if they go to jail or not, and they are put in a record (to number how many offenses they have). Anyone found guilty will be put in prison, which will be watched by cameras. Family members or donors would visit to give them food. No other items are allowed. The cloths they were arrested in, they will stay in until they are released. Now and then, the records in the meeting place will be checked to see if anyone has finished their time.

Anyone who breaks the law will be put into prison for 10 days (first offense), 10 weeks (second offense), 10 months (third offense), 10 years (fourth offense), et cetera. People in prison loses all of their freedoms until they are released.

Anyone who kills (unintentionally) will be put in jail for 20 years for each life taken in the accident. Anyone who murders (intentionally) will be put in jail for life. If the prisons get full, the people with the most time will be executed to make room. The executions will be done by feed the criminals to predators (lions, sharks, tigers, wolves, etc).

Hospitals, schools, et cetera, will be constructed and ran by volunteers. However, they are responsible for everything that goes on in there. If a patient dies because a person was unskilled, they are going to be put in prison for unintentional killing. The best volunteers will be chosen at the meeting centers.

This is how I'd run the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Theocratic Technocracy.

Give allegiance to the holders of the highest technology, and the deepest wisdom.

Get used to telepathy, it will help end crime and war.

Implement free "zero-point" energy...follow up with automated resource extraction ond manufacturing to free us from scarcity.

Train the populace to specialize in repairing the free energy automation, and have them take equal turns in doing that, when needed.

Use individualized currency as a reward for extroidinary service to community.

Ensure Personal freedoms in the pursuence of art and science and liesure...

Always err on the side of compassion.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I realize the premise is as absurd as it gets on here

...i disagree... there are tons far more absurd...

1.) A new form of government where everyone takes part.

...good start...

People over 18 will be randomly chosen by either social security number or whatever form of identification is selected. They will serve a single 1 year term (can opt out for health reasons, etc) and cannot serve again for another decade.

...i'd go for that - if - you change the minimum age to 25, so that everyone has a chance to attend the university of their choice (for free, of course) and spend a few years in the work force...

2.) At the age of 18, everyone will be provided with what Terence McKenna referred to as a "heroic dose" of psilocybin mushrooms.

...yikes!.. you were doing so good - and - then, massive fail... do you have any idea what that could do to someone that has a frail mind or even someone who has a mild and easily manageable mental disorder?... didnt think about those citizens, uh?... tsk, tsk, tsk...

3.) A new currency backed by gold and printed by the people, not a small group of powerful bankers that manipulate the world markets and treat the people as an ATM. Growth will be real, stable, and sustainable.

...dont like that one either... gold only has monetary value because some jerks decided it should - ditto with diamonds... i'd rather have no monetary system but if we must have one it should be based upon something everyone can easily access - like nuts (the ones on trees
)...

4.) Complete disclosure of all known information. There should be no more "secrets". Not of humanity's origins, not of the current technological capabilities of world superpowers, nothing.

...i'm not opposed to that - as long as - it doesnt include me and my secrets (which i intend to tell when i'm ready and that will be after i'm dead - that way no one can argue with me, lol)...

Complete transparency from the top to the bottom with a new system of education teaching the truth. The money used in black projects and for wars will be more than enough to provide every person with healthcare and a free education, including college. All advanced technology will be used for the benefit of humanity. No more money spent on creating deadlier weaponry.

...i like all those...

Let's hear some of your ideas.

...didnt anyone ever tell you to be careful about what you ask for?...

...long pause - hold on - i'm thinking - might take a while cuz, ya know, your first move can determine the fate of the game...

...i got it!... if i was the supreme empress of our planet and everyone had to mind me or i'd turn em into little piles of smokin turds - my first official action would be to find the best graffitti artists and massively reward them for defacing the mugs of the thugs on mount rushmore...

...then i'll need a break - so, i'll declare global laugh your ass off day...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join