It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Support The Troops But Not The War" - Doublespeak?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is not doublespeak because you can be against the war but have your support forever remain for the troops always. To try and flip it to say that those that are against the war are against the troops remains to be one of the problems that is the matter with the nation.

Support the troops where ever they are at as they are our felow countrymen and they need to be reminded time and time again that the populous stands with them 100% of the time regardless of either how we feel personally about the reason for our men and women being over there. Even though technically speaking the last time democracy was needed to defend was in WWII as every single conflict has been over either narcotics or energy. They are in harms way fighting Big Oil and Big Banks war and not a war that is needed. They need to know that people stateside are appreciative of the job they are doing (all the while protecting other interests and not the nation itself!) as without our universal, and total support they would give up.

Yet again another attempt at division by referring to and attempting to equate those against the war as being Anti American!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

Let's let this obvious and blatant attempt at yet again dividing the nation die and fall off the front page. The more you post to idiotic threads like this the Points counter for the op just goes up adding to credibility that they themselves did not clearly earn.
edit on 11-10-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Even though technically speaking the last time democracy was needed to defend was in WWII as every single conflict has been over either narcotics or energy. They are in harms way fighting Big Oil and Big Banks war and not a war that is needed. They need to know that people stateside are appreciative of the job they are doing (all the while protecting other interests and not the nation itself!) as without our universal, and total support they would give up.

wait. so even if they were putting people in ovens, we should unconditionally support them because they're fighting in our name? is that what you are saying?

i respect troops who do their best not to follow unjust orders.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Ok, I'll bite...

Why are the conflicts we are currently engaged in "unjust"?

What is unjust about killing people who wish to kill you because of where you were born?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012

Even though technically speaking the last time democracy was needed to defend was in WWII as every single conflict has been over either narcotics or energy. They are in harms way fighting Big Oil and Big Banks war and not a war that is needed. They need to know that people stateside are appreciative of the job they are doing (all the while protecting other interests and not the nation itself!) as without our universal, and total support they would give up.

wait. so even if they were putting people in ovens, we should unconditionally support them because they're fighting in our name? is that what you are saying?

LOL. troops who dont follow orders, regardless of personal moral interpretation, end up in prison. Soldiers dont have the luxury to pick and choose what is a 'just' order.

supporting the soldiers as people is the point. Not demonizing them, not attacking them because they are an easy target, when the real problem is the system.

dont hate the player, hate the game.

edit on 13-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

This statement here is Anti Troops as regardless of the order given they absolutely and unequivocally must have our support even in cases where we do not agree with nor like as the previous poster to this post said if they do not follow orders they are Court Martialed for Deraliction of Duty, Refusing to follow a superior's orders, Dissertion which is punishable by removal of uniform, freedom and you lose all your benefits earned.

BTW, Arabs, Jews, African Americans, Gays, Gypsies, and anyone else who did not fit the ideal Germanic mold was baked to death in the ovens during WWII. To try and spin this to even attempt to say that I somehow support the Third Riech is dead wrong.

edit on 14-10-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

LOL. troops who dont follow orders, regardless of personal moral interpretation, end up in prison. Soldiers dont have the luxury to pick and choose what is a 'just' order.

supporting the soldiers as people is the point. Not demonizing them, not attacking them because they are an easy target, when the real problem is the system.

dont hate the player, hate the game.

edit on 13-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

I tried to give you a star for being grounded in logic, common sense and reality but the moronic system wouldn't take so am posting here to issue you a big KUDOS!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

That's an overly simplistic, almost elementary view of this conflict.

I don't think that has ever been the reason why American troops are attacked in foreign countries. Have any of you given any thought to the idea that perhaps these folks don't want us invading their lands and they're doing everything they can to get rid of us?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I support ♥ the men who are brave enough to stand up
against government corruption :
resisters

The rest is propaganda sponsored by the neocons >
" my way or the highway " attitude.
. . . making it nothing more then the highway of tears.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

I support ♥ the men who are brave enough to stand up
against government corruption :
resisters

The rest is propaganda sponsored by the neocons >
" my way or the highway " attitude.
. . . making it nothing more then the highway of tears.

resisters? there is no draft, sweetie.

recruitment these days is essentially class-based. Hating the troops is just an easy thing to do for comfortable, privileged middle class people because the 'troops' are predominately poor and of color.

Keeping thinking you are more righteous for staying home; you're only perpetuating divisions that serve the powers that be. Or is 'solidarity' just a phrase you learn about in school?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

The Iraq war was based on lies, lies that the administration knew were lies. These lies were perpetrated on the public in order to propagandize the public into believing Iraq was a threat to us.

Look up Hussein Kammel, Saddam's son in law, head of the Iraq's weapons program and his testimony on Iraqi WMD.

There was a plan in place to invade Iraq long before 9/11 ever happened. One of the most public documents on the subject was PNAC. The elite in this nation wanted a more compliant government in Iraq and chose to overthrow him and invade Iraq knowing full well it would result in the deaths of 10s of 1000s if not 100s of 1000s or millions of Iraqis. These people did not care, it was all about money, wealth, and power.

Ultimately, the war on terror is total bull#.

In the past 10 years about 3000 people have died from terrorism.
In the past 10 years about 300,000 people have died from ordinary traffic accidents.

The "war on terror" has always been a load of BS perpetrated by people who want to take advantage of the America public.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Bobbox1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As for the war being just: of course it's not just. Even most of the military now realizes that.

And you're not required to follow orders that are unjust. If you joined the military prior to 2001, I would say it's an excuse, if you're forced to go over there, because the military does do some good things, but now, if you're fully aware of the facts and still sign up, you're either a blind patriot or you have no ethics.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The word "support" means different things to different people. When I say I "support" the troops, what I mean is that I wish them well, hope that they return home safely, hope that they do not suffer injury (physical or psychological,) and that I hold the same compassion and good will toward them that I do toward all human beings.

I ardently oppose armed conflict of any kind, and do not agree with their choice to participate in such conflict, let alone the taking of other human life. However, my disagreement with their choice does not preclude me respecting their right to it or holding compassion and good will toward them as human beings.

They are on a very different and often terrifying journey in their lives than I will ever experience. That doesn't mean I agree with it or support it. But I do support them as human beings doing what we all do: making choices and experiencing them, for good or ill, and hope that they find peace in their lives and in themselves.

Basically, when I say I support the troops, all I am saying is that I refuse to condemn them anymore than I condemn those they fight. I disagree with and oppose their choices and actions, just as I do the choices and actions of those they fight. But I will not condemn them, let alone loathe them or wish them ill, on that basis. That isn't constructive and solves nothing in my opinion.

That is how I "support the troops," while opposing the war. I also strongly support them receiving the medical and psychiatric care they require.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join