It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes Article Links Iraq & Al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just saw this and figured I'd post link to story, I'm working on a terrorism project right now so I don't have time for comment but thought you might be interested. I'll comment later....

WASHINGTON, June 24 � Contacts between Iraqi intelligence agents and Osama bin Laden when he was in Sudan in the mid-1990's were part of a broad effort by Baghdad to work with organizations opposing the Saudi ruling family, according to a newly disclosed document obtained by the Americans in Iraq.

NYTimes Article

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Grey Lady did this in a nice quiet undertoned way so as not to readily admit their story last week on the 9/11 commission results was wrong and slanted.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Still doing my research but found this interesting article from 1998, again from the NYTimes..

A senior intelligence official said that one of the leaders of Iraq's chemical weapons program, Emad al-Ani, had close ties with senior Sudanese officials at the factory. The official said a number of Iraqi scientists working for Emad al-Ani had attended the grand opening of the factory two years ago.

While the administration maintains the evidence of VX production is clear, the links between the factory and Osama bin Laden, the Saudi exile whose network of terrorists was the target of last week's strike, is circuitous.

Bin Laden controls a sprawling web of companies underwritten by a fortune said to exceed $200 million, including ventures in the Sudan, where he made a home after his expulsion from Saudi Arabia in 1994 until he was forced to leave in 1996.

The officials said bin Laden has no direct investment in the pharmaceutical plant, but has financial ties to Sudan's state-run military industrial complex. They said that fact and bin Laden's suspected interest in obtaining chemical weapons was enough to warrant destroying the factory, along with a paramilitary training camp in Afghanistan.

"When you put all that together," the senior intelligence official said of the factory, "it all adds up to a source of real concern."

Read the whole article here:NYT Art

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
the 911 commision was wrong but they wont admit it bush and chaney are not lying after all but are telling the truth

new topics

top topics

join