It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Confirmed: U.S. Intelligence has Penetrated the Ecuadorian Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It seems there's more to the recent protests in Ecuador than meets the eye at first. Of course, these kind of blame-the US rumors always pops up as soon as more than 2 people get angry at any one time in South America. But since that continent is one of the places where real US imperialism and real US covert ops and probably false flags took place, I always keep an eye on latin american news sites for these rumors. I picked up this earlier today:

In his official report, released in late October 2008, Ecuador's Defense Minister Javier Ponce, revealed how U.S. diplomats were involved in corrupting the police and also officers of the Armed Forces.

Story here

Anyone familiar with espionage and such in South America will notice the eery similarities to the dreaded. School of the Americas now called Western Hemisphere Institue for Security Cooperation.

As always, Uncle Chavez sees a conspiracy here too.

The one snippet I love the most must be quoted seperately, from the first link:

Valenzuela was accompanied by Tedd Stern, "special representative for climate change," also known for his affinity with the CIA.

There's just not enough room for all that compassion America has for South America :-) .... Climate change, regime change - doest it really make such a difference after all?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

So no one is buying the old "the US did it" narrative here?

Ah, how times change....

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Umm, I'm not getting it..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Setoman

What's not to get ?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just thought I'd let you know... your story link will be blocked by some ISPs. The reason: It's a Cuban news agency's report. Not condoning it, just pointing it out for those who get 404 errors trying to read the article.

Just FYI.

---------------------------------

I really would like to know what the phrase "penetrating" is meant to imply. The only agency I know of that reportedly engages in such shenanigans is the CIA. And why would we want to interfere in another countries affairs? Who would benefit? And why does my mind always gravitate to an answer ... "Business?"

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I didn't think of that, and quite frankly I didn't even notice. Thanks for telling me.

Here's a link that should work if anyone missed the thread because of this:

www.realdemocracynow.ca...

new topics

top topics

join