It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying 7 Year Old Taunted by Adults

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

What petty, spiteful, hateful individuals.

As well this is not a neighborhood but a warzone.

Ignorance, immaturity, and a lack of social moorings is present in the city where this happened.

Not since the Hatfields verses the McCoys have I heard such nonsense.

Over a text message which was not answered quickly enough for someone's liking?

Which escalated into gross depictions of a child who has a brain-disorder?

Yes, everyone dies, eventually, but this is absurd behavior.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Unfortunately, in this society, we are seeing more of this type of behavior. Total apathy. I suspect it will get worse. Incidents such as this make me wonder if there is a God. My deepest sympathy to the family.
edit on Sat Oct 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I think you're wrong and in a good way. There is not total apathy and people are moved to do something kind and generous and loving for others. Read the very bottom of the article, you will see what I mean and what others are doing to help cheer her on and show her support and love.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Unfortunately, in this society, we are seeing more of this type of behavior. Total apathy. I suspect it will get worse. Incidents such as this make me wonder if there is a God. My deepest sympathy to the family.

I don't think their behavior could be called apathy. It was sheer malice. And if the responses to this thread are any clue, our society is not at all apathetic about this kind of behavior either.

I would think that Facebook should be more vigilant in enforcing their T&C, if they have them. Especially in light of the teenager who committed suicide because of malicious postings about a year ago.

Thank God for ATS, which would never have allowed this kind of garbage to be posted. Other internet sites should follow this model.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I really dont care what any of you say to my reply here but...

I would love to kick the living crap out of these people, and they deserve all the crap they get.

Disgusting lack of human empathy and morals. No wonder some people prefer the company of animals. At least they are nice.

And, no I await all those condemning what I wrote, but in this instance I really do not care

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by aero56

I think you're wrong and in a good way. There is not total apathy and people are moved to do something kind and generous and loving for others. Read the very bottom of the article, you will see what I mean and what others are doing to help cheer her on and show her support and love.

I am not wrong. I am speaking to the behavior of the neighbors and others like them.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I really dont care what any of you say to my reply here but...

I would love to kick the living crap out of these people, and they deserve all the crap they get.

Disgusting lack of human empathy and morals. No wonder some people prefer the company of animals. At least they are nice.

And, no I await all those condemning what I wrote, but in this instance I really do not care

I totally agree with you; lack of human empathy and morals. I normally do not wish ill on others, but in this case, well, what else is there to wish for them.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

I totally agree with you; lack of human empathy and morals. I normally do not wish ill on others, but in this case, well, what else is there to wish for them.

Exactly this is the lowest of the low

Never heard of such an atrocity, and as I was saying to another member, if this were my kid, I would honestly go down there and sort them out with my fists, and if I was arrested I really couldnt give a flying **** (cant say that here)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
She looked like such a little sweet heart, really gut wrenching all of this.

I wanna say that I "just can't believe it", but I can. That's what's worrying me, that this (the way the caregivers were acting) doesn't shock me. It's just the way society has grown and it should send up HUGE warning flares to anyone who's still "normal". Is this because of TV? Movies? Music or other factors? I mean, just WTF is happening to society today? Never in my short life have I witnessed more CRAP going on socially then after 2002. It could have possibly always have been there, but I mean damn!

This world is making me ill.

My heart goes out to the child's parents.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Every time I think there may be some hope left for humans.....

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sad thing is they are probably cowards and wouldnt come out into the street for a good old fist fight and if they did they would probably bring a bat or something.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The immaturity of some people is disgusting. The neighbors will get their's after they find out God isn't on their side at all.

link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sad thing is they are probably cowards and wouldnt come out into the street for a good old fist fight and if they did they would probably bring a bat or something.

Wouldnt stop me in this instance

But now I will calm down, got the negativity out...breathing 1, 2, 3...

link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Got cha. Thanks. Its no big deal just wanna know where the line is

ill push it....jsut not got over

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Ok. in that case, apathy doesn't make sense. The neighbors were not apathetic, they were actively engaging in disgusting behavior.

Apathetic would describe the onlookers who were willing to do nothing about the situation and my point is, that is not the case. There are many people who are doing something about this situation and for the child to make up for the neighbors actions.

It's not a point to be overlooked.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I see a lot of hate and aggression in this thread.

Why is it that many of you are so against the ridicule and immoral behavior and yet - you do the same and choose to act the same.

They may be wrong yes, but plotting to do something to them, even if it's just expressing your disgust, is stooping just as low.

Be what you want to see changed, don't force it onto people.

edit on 9-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

So what do you suggest people do? shower them with love , bake them cookies, send them a fruit basket?
I wonder if that woulda got them to apologize, tear up the coffin, and take down the pictures?
edit on 9-10-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I dont think sorry is enough in this case or admitting that they are stupid, Heck we all know that,
I think they should at least have to do some community service, If it was up to me I would Jail them over this..

...they could file a civil law suit (which they would win in the media but i seriously doubt they'd win in court)... the apology is better than continued harassment...

...no crime was committed - so, jailing them or making them do community service might make you feel better - but - its more wrong than what the offenders did because it sets a dangerous legal precedence...

...besides, we dont know the whole story yet, just the sensational part and thats never the whole truth...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by 11118

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

So what do you suggest people do? shower them with love , bake them cookies, send them a fruit basket?
I wonder if that woulda got them to apologize, tear up the coffin, and take down the pictures?
edit on 9-10-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

The sarcasm in your post is a sure sign of the reasoning why the societal perspective will not shift into a mature and awakened paradigm.

As in the microcosm so in the macrocosm.

The triumph of evil only triumphs if people feed it. You cannot put out the flame of hate with more fire, it only feeds it.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Oh yes, lets juts forgive and forget like nice christian people would do

Screw that, these people need a good butt kicking, as had been mentioned, this is the lowert of the low. If they are willing to put their morals aside over something so pathetic, then I think we all have the right to put our morals aside with our opinions of them

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join