It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W. Bush Polls even with Obama (does this really shock anyone?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The only thing that shocks me is that this poll comes from CNN

By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago.

CNN

I for one called this during the 2008 election. I was out at a 1-L gathering with some classmates and someone mentioned presidential history and Truman's low poll numbers. I remarked that while Bush wouldn't reach Truman numbers, history would be kind to him in a similar way and we'd probably see it start to happen soon after he was gone. The guy looked at me like I was nuts.

Well this doesn't prove that Bush is viewed better. It only proves how bad Obama is viewed. So lets meditate on that angle shall we?

I say this is what Obama gets for basing his entire candidacy off being the exact antithesis of the person who came before him.

Also, does anyone think this is proof of one of two things:

1. people may be starting to see past the right-left paradigm
2. we've become so divided along the left-right paradigm that people will split down the middle on nearly anything?
edit on 8-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

To me the more interesting story here is that this was a CNN (part of the state controlled liberal media) poll and that even after they saw the numbers, they still published it! We know what everyone would be saying if this came out on Fox News, but this was CNN ...

And this from the CNN article:

By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago.

"Democrats may want to think twice about bringing up former President George W. Bush's name while campaigning this year," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

But blaming Bush is all the dems have to run on and all they've been doing since obama got elected. Just keeps looking worse and worse for the dems ...

edit on 10/8/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

they didnt ask me for my opinion i say bush was a better president by a long shot

bush never forced me to buy healthcare and he didnt put a gun to my head and made me get it.....

then again bush put money in my pocket and all obama has done has taken money out........

obama
bush

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Everyone that gets engaged in this argument will go right back to the polls.

The candidates are selected and funded well in advance of the elections.

Politics are corrupt and the livestock that comprise 'civilization' keep getting in line to eat whatever is on the menu today.

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I strongly agree with you. I also believe that it does not matter who gets elected, they all will have to follow procedures handed out to them. I think that candidates are just for public entertainment. They place some candidates and see which one the crowd likes most, so when that person gets elected and starts to follow procedures, a smaller fraction will oppose him/her. You see, it harder to get angry at a person you love rather than another which you dont like as much.

I maybe be somewhat wrong in specific details, but I got the big picture.

top topics

join