It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Great thread and good work by everyone contributing!

Just goes to show,not everyone in the world is walking around with their eyes closed!

Keep it up folks!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
GM's electric car (EV-1?). The perfect car that you could plug in to your domestic supply and charge overnight.
All the stars were given one on lease and they loved them.
GM recalled them all and crushed them...

The documentary was called "Who killed the electric car?" Great doc..

Edit to add doc.

Google Video Link

edit on 9/10/2010 by UKWO1Phot because: to add doc link

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PonyoSon
CIA Torture Jet crashed with 4 Tons of COCAINE. i thought this was one of the craziest things ever.

You mean crazy that the Cocaine Importing Agency was only carrying 4 tons of blow?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
How about during our last presidential election the interview with the guy saying he had voted a couple of times already, it's hard but you do what ya gotta do. I wonder why that wasn't looked into more, and how often that actually happened. He admitted it on live tv. and it just got a pass and was gone the next day.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Were there any articles about the Franklin scandal?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

If I remember correctly the bonds were declared as forged and the two men were deported back to Japan.

A related question: If you commit a crime in one country and are deported for it what happens to you then? Are you charged with those crimes in your home country or let off with no charges? After they are deported I never hear anymore about it.
edit on 10/9/2010 by LuFri because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
Why the Solmali Pirates were Fighting Back
'Those Somali pirates - trying to stop illegal dumping and trawling, the crisis in Darfur, the war crimes charges against Sudan's president Omar al-Bashir, and the bases in Africa sought by AFRICOM are best understood in the context of the New Great Game - the scramble for Africa's resources.
In January 1991, Somalia's president Mohammed Siad Barre was overthrown by a coalition calling itself the United Somali Congress which then divided into two groups - one led by Ali Mahdi Muhammad, who became president, and the other led by Mohammed Farah Aidid.'
www.twf.org...

Well, that wasn't exactly the most intelligent or informative article on the subject, in fact it was pretty dum.

If the Somali pirates are simply reacting against trawling, why do they attack commercial vessels and cargo ships, if they're against dumping, why do they attack cruise ships?

I saw one of the captured pirate leaders (on Al Jazeera) defend himself by saying that what they did was okay, since they only attacked infidels (with other words raiding, plundering and killing non-muslims is okay).

I'm sure that originally, the idea of pirating ships was born out of poverty, but it doesn't justify what they're doing or what it has become.
You know, the Mafia or the Cosa Nostra originally took form as a resistance movement to Napoleonic (French) control of Siciliy. Does that justify what the Mafia is doing today?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thanks OP; too many items of interest fall off the radar never to be heard from again.

I second or third the idea that this should be a standing forum topic!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Thanks OP! This bugs me all of the time - topics that bubble up inthe news and then disappear.

Here are the latest that bother me:

Former Intelligence Officer Causes Diverted Flight

Harvard trained Professor goes on shooting spree

Man crashes plane into IRS building

Retired Green Beret and Wife murdered under mysterious circumstances

in the first article...there is no mention that the passenger was a former intelligence officer

in the 2nd article, the harvard trained part happened in 2003, 6 years ago...she has been at the university of alabama for the last 6 years, and it appears that she had much more serious issues at U. alabama.

3rd article...just one pissed off guy that lost it

the 4th article is a little curious...wonder if there was any follow-up

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I was e teenager when the Moon landings happened.
I remember staying up late to watch the coverage of it.
Once launched out into space I recall Buz Aldrin or one of the other guys suddenly exclaim "There are no stars. where have all the stars gone" this transmission was immediately cut and never spoken of again.
It did not mean much to me at the time but in later years I have wondered what really was occuring

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
does anyone remember not to long after 911 a news crew catching (what looked like a rocket) fired at a commercial airliner while doing a story.
i saw it ONCE and it was gone.
i just spent the last hour on google looking for it and came up empty.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
double post
edit on 9/10/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
in the first article...there is no mention that the passenger was a former intelligence officer

Well then, have another:
articles.latimes.com...

in the 2nd article, the harvard trained part happened in 2003, 6 years ago...she has been at the university of alabama for the last 6 years, and it appears that she had much more serious issues at U. alabama.

But she's still Harvard trained right? And some people think, based on her family associations and proximity to Harvard during childhood, that she may be an MK personality. Curious that she was initially the suspect in her brother's killing but it was all hushed up and she still got into Harvard. And her research company was supposedly working on some pretty interesting bio-chemical stuff with military application.

3rd article...just one pissed off guy that lost it

Maybe, but the fact that there has been almost no mention of it in the news media since right after it happened as well as the fact that it played out on television at the time in a fashion very similar to OKC and with a huge and obvious anti-government spin is at least a little worthy to mention within the context of this thread. Not to mention the fact that his business ties were to one or two questionable government contractors.

edit on 9/10/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Great thread S+F.

If this thread is as popular as i imagine it will be then at some
stage there will be a call for a top 10.

If so the NASA backflip reguarding "planet x" should make it!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Great thread, This is what ATS is all about - or should be anyway.
I'll throw a couple into the hat...
Bayer Exposed ( HIV Contaminated Vaccine )
Documents reveal that Bayer knowingly continued to sell contaminated blood plasma causing thousands of hemophiliac patients to be infected with AIDS. The company continued to sell the contaminated blood in Asia for over a year when it had already introduced a safer, heated blood plasma version in the US and Europe in February 1984. www.youtube.com...

British Special Forces Caught Carrying Out Staged Terror In Iraq?
British SAS were caught attempting to stage a terror attack and the media have dutifully shut up about the real questions surrounding the incident. The soldiers were arrested and taken to a nearby jail where they were confronted and interrogated by an Iraqi judge. The initial demand from the puppet authorities that the soldiers be released was rejected by the Basra government. At that point tanks were sent in to 'rescue' them.
From this point on media coverage was monopolized by accounts of the rescue and the giant marauding pink elephant in the living room, namely why the soldiers were arrested in the first place, was routinely ignored.
www.prisonplanet.com...

I agreethere should be a special catagory for these types of cover-ups.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by latitude39
WTC7 collapse being reported 20 mins early on the BBC will always stand out to me. I love (in a dark way) that WTC7 is clearly visible on the skyline during the report! I wonder if someone allowed this to happen to hint to the truth?

whatreallyhappened.com...

for balance, here's BBC refuting the conspiracy allegations:

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9-10-2010 by latitude39 because: grammar - content/context unchanged

geez...this was an inside job, most everybody knows it...but the people that actually ran it and funded it don't care...why?...because the know NOTHING IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT IT!!... they have pretty much came out and said to the people of america..."if you don't like it, tough s**t"

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
wasn't there something like this september eleventh related ?

like one of the planes reportedly landed somewhere or something, i can't remember exactly but i remember seeing it on tv .. anyone verify what i'm talking about? i LITERALLY have not heard anything about it SINCE september eleventh 2001, so this would be something that literally would have been broadcast only one time, and definitely on a big news stations like CNN or FOX or something

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallic Monk

Why wasn't there more uproar about this in the first place? Was there an anti-campaign to squash it? Who gets credit for that?

I don't think I've ever met anyone who already knew about this before I talked about it. Is it because it's so unbelievable or because it's so uncomfortable?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'll never forget watching all six parts of this video last year on YouTube with this nun who is also a Doctor in Public health... it is subtitled, however, what she says about the swine flu vaccines being tampered with is horrific. I wonder what happened with all this... she is credible to me.

www.youtube.com...

Also, regarding this Moon water, in what I have read and studied, the water on the Moon is neutron heavy, isn't it? That would make it very valuable to the energy needs of whomever can get their hands on it, I would think.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is a great thread, folks.

Let's not turn it into another discussion about 9/11, which certainly hasn't been dropped from media attention and therefore doesn't belong in this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join