It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
Here is another one:

The Clinton/Chinagate Scandel (selling military secrets to China-REAL reason for impeachment)
'A Taiwanese-born American citizen, Chung became intertwined in the Chinagate political and national security scandal in 1994 when he started making donations to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton-Gore re-election campaign.
More than 100 witnesses to this scandal, including DNC donors and even former members of the Clinton Administration, have taken the Fifth Amendment or fled the country. Johnny Chung, in the view of insiders close to the scandal, is one of the few - if not the only - witness who is telling the truth and telling it fully.'

www.infowars.com...

The REAL reason for impeachment was just a power struggle IMO. The NeoCons wanted a war in Iraq to get their oil friends back in control -- and all Clinton was trying to do was take out Saddam and Bin Laden. Of course, I don't know for a FACT the REAL reason -- and neither do you -- it obviously wasn't about an alleged rape charge which was placed one day before the statute of limitations ran out.

You seriously think the Republicans care about secrets going to China? GM has a weapons manufacturing plant in China. What can some Chinese agent with donation money do that an entire weapons production company can't? There is no ENEMY -- there is only commerce, the idea that we have Planes and Aircraft Carriers and Nukes is only to maintain the power of Multinationals -- we only go to war with countries who have not conceded to the World Bank or WTO. Republicans are and have forever been only concerned for lowering "costs" to their business friends. Everything else is for show.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LINK-NX01

I definitely remember this happening as well. I remember that being a real WTF moment for me. I figured there was only two options for it: biological or mechanical. But still what could it possible have been.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
OK any one remember a report from around 15 years
ago in some country like one of Russia's former states
or it could of been India? What happened was a man
found an old piece of medical equipment? that had been
used maybe for X-rays or whatever?, well the man found
said item and stripped it down for scrap this is where it
gets strange.

the man proceeded to take a metal (lead) cylinder off
the machine and he opened it up!
upon doing this he found a "blue glowing dust like materiel"
and this fascinated him so much he went into the little village
or town with the stuff showing off the strange glowing dust.

soon nearly all of the people had come into contact with
this magical dust and just thought it was fun! they were
literately covered in the stuff and did not see the danger
only fun.i remember seeing the children playing and giving
off a light blue glow! (Cherenkov radiation i presume)

well it later turned out that he had dismantled some
kind of radioactive device and subsequently contaminated
all those that came in contact with the radioactive substance
with devastating effects to them.

I remember it quite well and my sister can recall seeing it
at the same time as me on the news.

thing is i never saw it mentioned on later news stories that night
or in the next few days after?it just vanished!
I have even tried to track the story down on the web but it has
been so long and our memory about the exact location is sketchy
and i have found nothing.THIS DID HAPPEN.
any one else remember the story/ news?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
Here is another one:

The Clinton/Chinagate Scandel (selling military secrets to China-REAL reason for impeachment)
'A Taiwanese-born American citizen, Chung became intertwined in the Chinagate political and national security scandal in 1994 when he started making donations to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton-Gore re-election campaign.
More than 100 witnesses to this scandal, including DNC donors and even former members of the Clinton Administration, have taken the Fifth Amendment or fled the country. Johnny Chung, in the view of insiders close to the scandal, is one of the few - if not the only - witness who is telling the truth and telling it fully.'

www.infowars.com...

The REAL reason for impeachment was just a power struggle IMO. The NeoCons wanted a war in Iraq to get their oil friends back in control -- and all Clinton was trying to do was take out Saddam and Bin Laden. Of course, I don't know for a FACT the REAL reason -- and neither do you -- it obviously wasn't about an alleged rape charge which was placed one day before the statute of limitations ran out.

You seriously think the Republicans care about secrets going to China? GM has a weapons manufacturing plant in China. What can some Chinese agent with donation money do that an entire weapons production company can't? There is no ENEMY -- there is only commerce, the idea that we have Planes and Aircraft Carriers and Nukes is only to maintain the power of Multinationals -- we only go to war with countries who have not conceded to the World Bank or WTO. Republicans are and have forever been only concerned for lowering "costs" to their business friends. Everything else is for show.

I'm not standing up for either political party. As far as I'm concerned, the right and left are both bought out and corrupted to the core. I agree that the right and the left are neck deep in these kinds of scandals, but that shouldn't make this issue go away. Clinton was caught red-handed giving military secrets for campaign money, and that needs to be addressed! GW Bush was also caught in his own scandals and those need to be addressed as well. These incidents need to be handled instead of shrugged off as political mud-slinging.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Bedlam - I remember seeing a few things out and about on an attempted coup in the works.

I always did wonder what happen to them. I'd considered that they might have given up on it.

Though I would question the likelihood that mil-brass would be stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket.
edit on 2010/11/1 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Took 3 days to get several nations armies into the Persian Gulf for the Kuwaiti War.

It took 1 year to get them out.

Because they were being rotated out into a "non-war" in South America.

Which was in the paper, for one day, on like page 7, on the right hand bottom side of the page (anyone with Human - Computer Interface will know why) surrounded by ads.

Was it just a mistake - yeah maybe. If it weren't for that I also knew a retired general who knew about it, and someone who was rotated down there.

An entire war. If you can cover up an entire war, and yet it can be said it wasn't covered up. It really was out there for people to hear about. Briefly. Very very briefly, and in a manner that was specifically designed to not attract attention.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't suppose it is really "crazy news that was reported and dropped" but I think the effects of the US Military use of Depleted Uranium is underreported. We have veterans reporting serious illness and some really Funked up babies being born. I actually posted a really gruesome article on my facebook page and out of 70 or 80 friends not one made comment on it. It kinda made me think that most people just don't want to know anyway. I think I put a comment like "this should be on every newstation and the front page of every newspaper everyday until something changes" If you have not heard of this atrocity I suggest you do a quick google search and read about it. It is the most horrible thing I have ever seen. Sadly our tax dollars pay for it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Took 3 days to get several nations armies into the Persian Gulf for the Kuwaiti War.

It took 1 year to get them out.

Because they were being rotated out into a "non-war" in South America.

Which was in the paper, for one day, on like page 7, on the right hand bottom side of the page (anyone with Human - Computer Interface will know why) surrounded by ads.

Was it just a mistake - yeah maybe. If it weren't for that I also knew a retired general who knew about it, and someone who was rotated down there.

An entire war. If you can cover up an entire war, and yet it can be said it wasn't covered up. It really was out there for people to hear about. Briefly. Very very briefly, and in a manner that was specifically designed to not attract attention.

I can tell you i know a former medic for the Rangers that took part in this 'war" you refer to.

They were protecting drug crops. He was rotated through Costa Rica for half a dozen missions, fighting off drug lords to seize their crops.

We are doing the same thing in Afghanistan right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Over the years I've encountered a number of people who were involved in this .... operation?

Truly, it cannot be said that our media is not controlled.

The usual MO might be to overwhelm with so much information that people shut down and focus on Brittany Spears Bra-Less-Ness.

However, a more profound interaction is clearly possible and capable of being maintained for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Fifth Plane was pretty damn good too.

That was astounding to watch. As the news blockade about this 9/11 plane rolled out from the USA and into other countries. The slight confusion on the part of the news announcers. The assurance that they'd get back to this plane heading....towards the White House? Camp David?

But the fifth plane didn't disappear all at once. No. First they stopped talking about it and dropped it in the US. Then over the course of about 45 minutes, the fifth plane was dropped from newsa agencies around the World.

Never to be followed up again. Except a couple of mistaken confirmations that a plane was blown out of the sky.

Though that might not have been that plane.

I've talked previously about the attempt in Canada at a hijacking on 9/11. That one was first down graded, its been changed, and mostly covered up.

The profound control implied by this......truly amazing.

BTW - my assumption is that the passenger toggling noticed between two flights on 9/11 is misunderstood. This was an attempt to move the listing of passengers from the shot down plane into the other plane. The level of BS heaped on the entire day makes any reasonable discussion impossible though. Which I'm sure is the intent.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One news blerb I remember was of a newly discoverd dinosaur that had been found with fingers and opposible thumbs. It was on the national news, I tried to find out more info on the internet but found nothing.....?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
About 10-15 years ago, the news announced a vaccine was created that prevents tooth decay.

The Dental Association threw a fit, and said it would put them out of business.

I've never heard it mentioned again.

Does anyone else remember this?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
About 10-15 years ago, the news announced a vaccine was created that prevents tooth decay.

Yup. I do. Almost all tooth decay is caused by a bacteria that children are infected with between birth and 3 years. Don't let them share anything with anyone.

I remember it clearly. My youngest child has perfect teeth, despite excessivly poor dental hygeine (i threaten him within an inch of his life to get begrudging compliance). I was his only care provider until he was close to 5. I micromanaged what went in his mouth because I had heard that news report. Bad teeth run in the famly and i wanted him to avoid our curse.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Great thread folks!
The story that sticks out most in my mind that just vanished from the news was the kid in Nepal that was "kidnapped" after meditating without food or water for 10 months.

His followers say he has been meditating for 10 months without food or water and is immune to fire and snake bites.

Heres a link to the story...
BBC NEWS

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Don't know if this is exactly relevant, but i remember reading a a news article on the internet (it was on www.news.com.au) that had quotes from Scarlett Johansson saying that she had been raped by a fellow celebrity and that she didn't intend to reveal who it was. I've tried to find anything related to this but can't find a scrap of evidence.

Come to think of it, it was a little bit before Iron Man 2 was released because they had a picture of her from a scene in the movie

Anyone else seen or heard of this?

edit on 3-11-2010 by iamAccnrh because: Poor wording

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Yasser Arafat Poisoned

Former senior advisor to the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat said that he died of a lethal dose of thallium posioning in either his food or drinking water.
Mohammed Abdel Rahman Abdel Raouf Arafat al-Qudwa al-Husseini, or better known as Yasser Arafat, died on Nov. 11, 2004 in Paris, France at a local hospital from an unknown illness. No autopsy was performed but doctors say he died from idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and cirrhosis.
However, former senior advisor to Arafat, Bassam Abu Sharif, said he was poisoned by a lethal dose of thallium, which is highly toxic, in his food or water, according to Press TV. Sharif accused Israel of poisoning Arafat when he was under siege in his headquarters in Ramallah.
In July of 2009, reports Al-Jazeera, Sharif also accused Israel's intelligence agency, Mossad, of poisoning Arafat through his medications by replacing them with similar poisoned medications that were manufactured in Israel.

www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
I don't suppose it is really "crazy news that was reported and dropped" but I think the effects of the US Military use of Depleted Uranium is underreported. We have veterans reporting serious illness and some really Funked up babies being born. I actually posted a really gruesome article on my facebook page and out of 70 or 80 friends not one made comment on it. It kinda made me think that most people just don't want to know anyway. I think I put a comment like "this should be on every newstation and the front page of every newspaper everyday until something changes" If you have not heard of this atrocity I suggest you do a quick google search and read about it. It is the most horrible thing I have ever seen. Sadly our tax dollars pay for it.

The Federal Government gives away depleted uranium to anyone that wants it...just to get rid of it. Hence why some of the airplanes have thousands of pounds of depleted uranium as "ballasts" on them. The Fed's need to get rid of it...and if you can make a buck with it somehow....you too can get it. Just start up a company after you think of a way to use it. They'll give it to you for free. Our Government cares not if the stuff kills people or contaminates the Earth.

There have been many news stories around the globe of "radioactive rebar" or metal products in the market. Scrap metal collectors take it if a magnet will stick to it and depleted uranium and other radioactives have been melted down with steel to make products.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
im sure of it.. you all heard of the "bilderbergers group".. is it in progress?.. depopulization?.. nwo... where did it go????... look around... "they" are still here!!!... but not heard from for how long?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There was a news story about government documents being stolen, but, they never mentioned or hinted at what those documents contained.. This happened the summer before 911, I think. I also think that at that time or thereabouts the government computers were hacked. Never heard anymore and could not find any details about the type of info that was stolen. I do not know whether the perpetrators were caught. It was big news and then it vanished.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota

A problem with developing vaccines for tooth rot is that the bacteria that like to eat teeth also tend to have surface antigens that "look like" various types of cardiac tissue to your immune system, especially valves.

It's all too easy to make a vaccine against oral flora that also gives you an autoimmune disorder for your own heart.

That's one reason you don't have a lot of tooth work done unless you take prophylactic antibiotics for days before and after. The bacteria that cause tooth rot can get into your circulation and set up shop on your endocardium and valves, and your immune system can't pick 'em off very effectively. Or if it does, it'll also eat up your heart.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join