It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How about the Ft. Hood shootings? I live in this area and there were several reports of multiple shooters and multiple sites at which they were shooting. There were even reports that all the men involved had been caught except Hassan. The official story is Hassan didn't want to go to Iraq so he went on a lone killing spree.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is a great thread and I'd like to contribute to it.

First of all, I apologize if my recollection of this incident is wrong as it has been years since I saw and heard about it:

I believe the back story was that two friends was out taking a walk and they had a video camera.
They found a wide open field with an electric fence around it (probably because it had to keep cows or other animals in or because there were potentially dangerous animals like bulls).

One of them accidentally or on purpose touched this fence, which had a very high level of voltage, and he was seriously injured - seriously as in, the other friend called an ambulance because the electricuted guy did not get up or responded to the other friend's calls.

When the paramedics showed up, the second guy was filming this and this is where it got interesting:
There were various equipment in the back of the ambulance - some of them were made out of some sort of metal and these things just FLEW towards (and got stuck on) the electrocuted guy.
He was, for lack of better words, a human super magnet.

I have no recollection of where it happened, whether he survived and what media actually reported about this but if anyone else remember this perhaps you can help "unlocking" my memories some more

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Alien ship crashed in desert, first law enforcement on the scene say they have no idea what the material is.Next day government comes out and says it was a weather ballon. This is weird because the first Law enforcement official said the material was pliable and would know the material of a weather ballon.

I think this happened in the late 50s early 60s

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Alien ship crashed in desert, first law enforcement on the scene say they have no idea what the material is.Next day government comes out and says it was a weather ballon. This is weird because the first Law enforcement official said the material was pliable and would know the material of a weather ballon.

I think this happened in the late 50s early 60s

Umm....Roswell?

Not late 50's, by any means.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Roswell......right. When was that?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

Roswell......right. When was that?

Respectfully, Google really helps answer those questions.

The press release was July 8, 1947

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The Clinton/Chinagate Scandel (selling military secrets to China-REAL reason for impeachment) 'A Taiwanese-born American citizen, Chung became intertwined in the Chinagate political and national security scandal in 1994 when he started making donations to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton-Gore re-election campaign.

William J. Clinton: Quick! Somebody find me an intern!

Here's an intern that was quickly forgotten - or not properly reported on.
Mary MahoneyMary Mahoney
Georgetown never saw a murder during the 1980's when DC was the Murder Capitol of the World. Until this incident that is.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
abcnews.go.com...

And the truth about why she was murdered.

www.infowars.com...

Classic cover-up. CPS being involved in child trafficking is exactly what you would expect.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while.

OP, great thread here. This is an awesome idea. This is what conspiracy theory websites like ATS are all about. TPTB counts on the short memory of the public.

Undoubtedly one of the top threads on ATS. There should be a forum dedicated to this topic. Stuff gets lost in BAN all the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was looking for a report that some California students broke the light barrier. I found this similar story.

'We Have Broken Speed Of Light'

A pair of German physicists claim to have broken the speed of light - an achievement that would undermine our entire understanding of space and time. According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, it would require an infinite amount of energy to propel an object at more than 186,000 miles per second.

Here's another.

Scientists Claim To Break Speed-of-Light Barrier

Taught in physics classes the world over, Albert Einsteins theory of specia relativity holds that no object or information can move faster than the speed of light in a vacuum, or 186,000 miles (300,000 kilometers) per second. But of light in a vacuum, or 186,000 miles (300,000 kilometers) per second. But NECs Lijun Wang says he created an experiment in which a light beam raced through a gas-filled chamber so quickly, it exceeded the speed of light by a factor of 300. Whats more, the light pulse appears to have left the confines of the chamber before it even entered a seemingly impossible occurrence according to theories of causality, which predict that causes must always precede their effects. according to theories of causality, which predict that causes must always precede their effects.

Even though I didn't find the article I was looking for, you would think that our understanding of physics needs a bit of a rehash after all that. I'm surprised this stuff didn't get more coverage.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The murder of Barry Seal.

Barry Seal was a special forces trained pilot. He served in the Civil Air Patrol with Lee Harvey Oswald and David Ferrie. He was alleged to have been involved in CIA plots to kill JFK and MLK.

He was pictured in Mexico City in 1963 with Porter Goss and several other people that were part of "Operation 40." The operation was a large scale attempt to control politics in Central and South America through out the 60's 70's and early 80's. He was the youngest commercial 747 pilot in the nation when he was caught smuggling plastic explosives to an anti-Castro group in Mexico.

Through out the mid and late 1970s he spent most of his time in South America serving as a "aviation consultant." In the 1980s he returned to America where he was smuggling coc aine in to the country. One New Orleans investigator said that Barry had a "fleet" of boats and planes. The authorities in New Orleans repeatedly tried to bust him and were never successful. They became so enraged that they actually decided to bring the IRS in to investigate him. They thought tax evasion was the only way to get him.

As the heat was ratcheting up in New Orleans Oliver North leaked the fact that the Medalin Cartel was infiltrated by a goernment agent. A subsequent bust and confiscation pretty much tipped off the Medelin cartel to who the informant was.

He was eventually murdered in his Cadilllac in New Orleans. More than one of the hitmen that were arrested and prosecuted for the murder said that they were taking directions from Oliver North.

Interestingly the Wiki article on Barry Seal has been changed so that implications Oliver North was involved have dissapeared. It has also been changed to make Barry seem like a smuggler that turned to the government for help after a bust threatened to put him in jail. All mention of his involvement in Mena and other things have disappeared.

Barry Seal Wiki

The Conspiracy Research Wiki is a better place to start reading about Barry Seal.
Conspiracy Wiki on Barry Seal

This infomation is critical for people to know so that they can understand the nature of their government. People need to know how power really operates. Seal worked for the CIA (Bush Sr) and the Vice President's Task Force on Drugs (Bush Sr). While Bush Sr is Vice President, and Ollie North is running Iran Contra, Barry changes his importation location to Mena Arkansas. Bill Clinton just happens to be govenor of Arkansa at the time. Iran Contra blows up in Ollie's face and Barry ends up dead. Bill Clinton stays silent while Ollie and company start wrapping up operations in Mena. A few short years later Bush Sr is president. He loses in a "stunning" defeat to Bill Clinton.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Dead Sea Calibration Shots

11 November 1999, Dead Sea, Israel:
Three chemical explosions were conducted in the Dead Sea for the purposes of calibrating the International Monitoring System. Some environmental organizations were protesting the event on site and these protests made their way into international news. The main concern of the protestors was that these kind of deep under sea level (- 485m.) detonations could cause unprecedented seismic activity and could trigger earthquakes. These claims were all dismissed as mere conspiracy theories by non-scientific minds.

12 November 1999, Duzce, Turkey:
Within the first 24 hours after the above mentioned tests, a strong 7.2 scale earthquake hit the Nothwestern city of Duzce in Turkey, killing around 1.000 people and wounding 5.000.

The news about the Dead Sea "calibration shots" never made it to the news again. The earthquake was linked with another big earthquake which happened in the region 3 months before, although within the 24 hours before this earthquake there were three nearby seismic explosions. The seismic shocks of these manmade explosions were recorded as far away as 3.500 kms. but nobody linked the two events although the distance was only 1.100 kms. The postmortem reports of the tests does not mention the earthquake although the tests' purpose were to figure out the effects of such explosions.

Here are two scientific papers about the tests: 1, 2. And here is one about the earthquake.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can find and post the news article about the tests and the protests.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
for everyone that wanted to know about our second sun.....

Nemesis is a hypothetical hard-to-see red dwarf star or brown dwarf, orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 50,000 to 100,000 AU (about 1-2 light-years), somewhat beyond the Oort cloud.[1] This star was originally postulated to exist as part of a hypothesis to explain a perceived cycle of mass extinctions in the geological record, which seem to occur once every 27 million years or so. In addition, observations by astronomers of the sharp edges of Oort clouds, similar to that of the Solar System, around various binary (double) star systems, in contrast to the diffuse edges of the Oort clouds around single-star systems, has prompted some scientists to also postulate that a dwarf star may be co-orbiting the Sun.[1] Counter-theories also exist that other forces (like the angular effect of the galactic gravity plane) may be the cause of the sharp-edged Oort cloud pattern around the Sun. To date the issue remains unsettled in the scientific community. from wikipedia

nasa.gov

great thread op some good info star and flag

peace

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I remember a few years back the big controversy over the "unauthorized" transport of a nuclear warhead by a small unit, it lit up the newspapers for maybe two days but sometime later i had heard that all the soldiers involved in the incident died within several months. Has anyone found anything more on this story?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

In a sort of weird coincidence, Dr Li-Jun Wang has done some interesting non-documented work as well. Pretty sure he was one of the speakers in an "invite only" symposium some of us and some DARPA guys went to a few years back, although I wasn't allowed to take notes.

You can use that cesium trick to do some really nifty laser work. And other stuff. Storing energy in plasmonic states is one. You can pile up a lower power laser burst in plasmonic modal deformations in a cesium bank and then cause them all to let go at once, sort of gives "pulse compression" a whole new meaning.

edit: as a sidenote, this thing he's describing is also a causality violating side-effect of any left-handed metamaterial, it's one reason you have to pump them. But you don't hear a lot about it, because it's creepy and people doing the engineering don't want to think about it as a "real" effect, and you can sort of handwave it away by saying it's all imaginary within the material boundaries.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

you have this bad habit of giving just enough information to make someone want you to tell them more. This happens in almost every post you have made since returning with your "new" user name. If you ever want to elaborate, please do.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Which part?

I do that all the time, by habit. It's one of those unfortunate side effects of being in 'the community'; I circumlocute by reflex. I guess the theory is if you understand, you know what's being discussed, if not you didn't need to know anyway.

Probably also why I don't start threads, I suppose.

side note: taking a weekend off for Halloween, I'll be gone until Monday sometime. Dressing up in a ghillie suit for Halloween, heavy camo, got some woodland scleral covers, even green and brown tooth dye. Just in case any of you ever feel like hand-making a ghillie, if you use spanish moss like I did in places, you really want to bag it up with some bug spray for about a week - it's full of bird mites and chiggers.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Another of my favorites that was never followed up on.

Why did SARAH PALIN resign as Governor of Alaska?

Why did the Commanding Officer of the Air Base in Alaska shoot himself before she resigned?

How did the US Air Force get the illegal immigrants from California up to that Alaska AirBase to build the new F-22 hangars? Canada has pretty good border security.

They flew them in. I think Sarah was tied into the $$$$$ scandal ripping us off. You should see what they are doing in Guam right now...and with the Billions in Construction going on over the next few years. Same scandal, new faces.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Another story that seems to have disappeared from mainstream media that was whipped into an absolute frenzy was the mosque at ground zero - there has hardly been a report on this in the press lately, but they're still going ahead with it as far as I know.

Just a year or so ago Saudi Arabia announced to the world it was going to cease accepting US dollars for oil. And start the Gulf Monetary Union.

Then the CIA got Barrack into office, bowed to the King, gave them a victory mosque, paid off all of Saudi's debts, and now they are getting $60 Billion in US Military hardware to kill those Jewz.

The Victory Mosque was a consolation prize to Saudi Arabia over their successful 9-11 attack which they funded.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Anyone know what the latest is on the humanoid with elongated fingers and 5 holes drilled in his head that washed up on Montauk beach? i remember cable news covered it and they mentioned it was weird that it was winter time and the humanoid was only wearing a t shirt and cargo pants.
Jesse Ventura touched on it a bit when he did the Plum Island show. But that is it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
double post.
there should be a delete button.
edit on 29-10-2010 by i am just saying because: double post

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join