It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

MENTOR, Ohio – Sladjana Vidovic's body lay in an open casket, dressed in the sparkly pink dress she had planned to wear to the prom. Days earlier, she had tied one end of a rope around her neck and the other around a bed post before jumping out her bedroom window.

The 16-year-old's last words, scribbled in English and her native Croatian, told of her daily torment at Mentor High School, where students mocked her accent, taunted her with insults like "Slutty Jana" and threw food at her.

Link

It's sad to see this happening in our schools. I was fortunate to have older brothers in school to watch my back but not everyone is that lucky.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Sad indeed.

Something must be very wrong in that suburb in Cleveland.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Self esteem issues in adolescants combined with behavior from others that demean a person are a bad mix.

This is nothing new. It's just getting more play in the press.

Maybe it's time for some sensitivity training in public schools.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

people need to toughen these kids up before they hit adolecents and decide to jump off a bridge anytime people are a**holes to them. i doubt bullying is any worse today than ever, its probably just a generation of kids who get trophys for everythind and have their ego stroked 24/7 having to deal with jerks for the first time in their lives thats causing this.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join