It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm lucid dreaming...but not remembering or participating fully. Help please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hello,

I've recently found myself lucid dreaming nearly every sleep cycle. I'm aware that I'm laying in bed, sleeping and dreaming. It's been happening in this manner: I usually fall asleep around 2am. I wake up naturally between 7-8 am, get up and go to the bathroom. I then lay back down and sleep for another hour or two and lucid dream during this time.

From google, I realize this is similar to the Morning Nap technique for inducing lucid dreams. I'm happy that I'm lucid dreaming. They seem so interesting and profound and helpful. But, I'm not remembering them upon awakening. And it doesn't seem like I'm participating fully in them either. I don't know, because I don't remember them, heh.

For example, this morning I was lucid dreaming, before and after the bathroom trip. The theme was the same in both. I got the sense that I was resolving something with an image or symbol or archetype(?) that I've dealt with before in the dream state (not a memory of something I've done in awake life). It seemed very important and there was a working through of something to completion. In the lucid state, I thought this resolution and understanding will be very helpful in every day life.

It was all so vivid and real and profound when I knew it was time to wake up. But, when I woke up I had no memory of the specifics of the last hour. None. I just had a very faint sense of what it was about which I struggled to put in the above paragraph.

It doesn't seem like I'm playing around in a lucid dreamworld. But rather, working on things in an alchemical laboratory, if that makes any sense. Can you help me understand? How do I remember upon awakening and participate more consciously in this lucid state? Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well I'm a lucid dreaming expert. Somewhat. I can dream vivid and control it; as well interact with the people and then remember everything upon awaking. What I do is think and think about it. Like if I wanted to remember a homework question. It goes in my conscience and then it will come up later when you dream.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ajkesh

Leave a pen and dream diary next to your bed. Right down your dreams when they are fresh(when you just wake up), when you do that, your brain will think it is important to remember dreams, because you will be focusing on them more often, that focus will force your brain to remember, and to remember more vividly, hence more details etc.

When you just wake up, don't think about anything, like for example "ohh shizz I got to go to work". Forget about everything in regards to this life, if you stress, you will forget about it, even though 2 seconds later you swore to god you remembered your dream fully.

Good luck.

Hope that helps.

join