It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own philosophy (Felicitism) - Just Get Happy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Everything is made of energy/light and it's main energy is love/appreciation/happiness. If you are depressed or feeling any negative emotion, then this is just a sign telling you to get happy! However, it's important to get to the state of love/appreciation/happiness before you take action in this physical world. Everything in life will be solved or coped with by just going with the flow of life and being happy. The moment you feel "neediness" or "lack" for something, or whenever you think something is wrong or bad, just take your focus off of it, stop thinking about it, and get happy through different subjects. When you live life in love/appreciation/happiness, everything will get better.

This also means changing your thoughts. If thinking about disease, war, or a person, doesn't make you happy. Either think of some benefits,well at least it'll help against the over population, at least this person is nice in this way, and things will get better or you can just stop thinking about it/them and focus on things that do make you happy.

What doesn't make you happy, see it through the eyes of love and appreciation or don't think of it at all.

This is just my philosophy, any questions?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wanted all things
To seem to make sense,
So we all could be happy, yes,
Instead of tense.
And I made up lies
So that they all fit nice,
And I made this sad world
A par-a-dise.

- Bokonon

bernd.wechner.info...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Interesting poem but I'm expecting more feedback.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hi dude. this is my first replay so be nice.
I'm sure you are.

Well it's a nice thought, If you are unhappy, just be happy. and anything will change. That is what you are saying right?

But i don't think it can be that easy. If you have a very bad experience with something. you maybe got attack't by a dog. That is a strong memory. you cant decide what you remember. but you do remember a lot of what was going on. every time you see a dog, you will be reminded of that one episode.
Only if you previous or after that episode, get a nearly "reverse" experience, you are able to conclude that it was only a one time happening.

What I'm after is that, when you sense something (a dog biting you) you not only sense that, but the sound, the smell, the pain, colors, and so on. your brain get a little changed.
Then when you sense something, a smell ex. you remember all sorts of stuff, it reminds you of. If you sense many simultaneously identical senses, you will remember the episode.

So.. you cant decide what is good/bad. you only know that by the previous experience you have made.
you only think what your senses know. everything you think is good/bad only goes back to stuff that happened. -did it hurt, or did it not.

Only when the given senses are compared to something else, you are able to think of that instead.
The human concludes what could happen by any given senses. so if you only know one thing, how can you conclude another.
we always try to figure out what could happen, so we stay alive.

Pleasure to reply.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BentHansen
Hi dude. this is my first replay so be nice.
I'm sure you are.

Well it's a nice thought, If you are unhappy, just be happy. and anything will change. That is what you are saying right?

But i don't think it can be that easy. If you have a very bad experience with something. you maybe got attack't by a dog. That is a strong memory. you cant decide what you remember. but you do remember a lot of what was going on. every time you see a dog, you will be reminded of that one episode.

You probably can't decide what you can remember, but you do have the choice of focusing on it or thinking or something else that makes your happy.

Only if you previous or after that episode, get a nearly "reverse" experience, you are able to conclude that it was only a one time happening.

Or you can not think of it, and if you encounter a dog, just stay away and cross the street or something. Alternatively, you can try to find better feeling thoughts about the dog until your fears go away. Instead of thinking, "I'm scared of that dog, what if it bites me?", you can think "Well, the owner has control of that dog so it's no threat. This dog hasn't attack the others who're walking in the streets. This dog can sense fear and since I'm calming down, I'll be OK". Or you can choose to pretend that the dog isn't there. There are so many options.

What I'm after is that, when you sense something (a dog biting you) you not only sense that, but the sound, the smell, the pain, colors, and so on. your brain get a little changed.
Then when you sense something, a smell ex. you remember all sorts of stuff, it reminds you of. If you sense many simultaneously identical senses, you will remember the episode.

Again, even if you remember it you can still choose to focus on it and amplify the emotions and vividness or you can choose to think "yeah I remember that, but I'm going to think about this other thing instead... this other thing makes me so happy and I like this and that about this other thing"

So.. you cant decide what is good/bad. you only know that by the previous experience you have made.
you only think what your senses know. everything you think is good/bad only goes back to stuff that happened. -did it hurt, or did it not.

I never claimed that there was an objective view to what's good or bad. I know that this is decided by experience. What I'm saying is that, you should choose for YOU what feels good for YOU. By you making yourself feel good, you will finally arrive at a place where you can reach for thoughts that show love and appreciation. It's not about jumping from feeling bad to feeling good, it's about reaching for a BETTER feeling place NOW until you get to feel good. You will reach for better and better and eventually you'll get to feeling happy.

- A dog bite would indeed hurt, but why keep reliving the pain over and over again instead of thinking of something that makes you happier? I went through some extreme pains in my life as well, nothing I can recall at the moment, but even if I could recall them, I would just think to myself "Ok" and keep focusing playing video games, or typing on the computer, or whatever, and eventually, I'll forget about it and it'll only come back rarely with no emotions attached to it.

Only when the given senses are compared to something else, you are able to think of that instead.
The human concludes what could happen by any given senses. so if you only know one thing, how can you conclude another.
we always try to figure out what could happen, so we stay alive.

Pleasure to reply.

You are speaking on behalf of all humans. I doubt this is so for every single person. This isn't even through for wild life animals. They live in the moment. If they see a dead corpus in the open field, they aren't going to be thinking "What if I get killed while getting that food because I'm hungry?", they'll just go to get their meal if they don't see a threat. They don't look for threats, they live in the moment but if a threat does appear in that moment, THEN they'll run away.

new topics

top topics

join