It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was raised from the dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
* that's the title of the story.

The Age

Pastor Nalliah, a well-known Pentecostal minister, said he was prompted by the Holy Spirit to ''call back life. So I got right up to her body, put my hand on her chest and shouted out, 'In the name of Jesus, life return! Satan, you have no right to take this life on tour. Diana, come back, in Jesus' name!'

''Glory to God, immediately Diana opened her eyes, her eyeballs fell back into place and she gave me a great big smile.''

She returned to Australia, where an electrocardiogram gave her a clean bill of health.

Pastor Nalliah said it was the third time he had seen someone raised from the dead after the Holy Spirit told him to call back life

This woman - Diana - apparently had a heart attack and, from what the story says, probably had no pulse. She was 'worked on' by a doctor who knew CPR. Apparently after some time the minister took over and prayed over her. She revived.

Questons ...

1 - The minister told satan he had no right to take the woman's life. I thought that God alone decided who lived and who died. So why did he say it was satan taking her life and why did he assume it was satan and not God? I found that odd.

2 - Was she flatlined/dead or did the doctor doing CPR actually jump start her? Dunno.

3 - Was it really a miracle? Dunno.

I thought I'd put this out for whoever is interested. We have a book in the house that has 400 'raised from the dead' stories in it. People, through the centuries, raised from the dead. Even a lamb and a fish who were raised from the dead (by canonized saints during their life on earth).

I think it's possible to have someone raise from the dead. Usually it's by a machine zapping life back into a still heart. But prayers have energy and energy is what stimulates the heart. I'm talking scientifically here ....

But the occasional miracle is possible too. (wish I'd get mine!)

Anyways, food for thought. Interesting story. Feel free to comment.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Isn't this necromancy? Doesn't sound like the sort of thing a good christian should be doing!
Seems like the witch burnings were a bit mixed up if you ask me...

Edit - Ok no it's not quite necromancy... BUT, I think there is a huge similarity between this and eastern methods of healing. I have been considering the idea that many christian preachers actually use the same Chi/Qi life force that is used in the east, for very similar purposes. This in essence, means that christian preachers are by their own definition, witches.
edit on 8-10-2010 by March of the Fire Ants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I wonder what the belief system of the woman was to begin with. The mind does wonderful things.

I don't believe in a magical universe very much, but I do believe in an interesting universe we have yet to fully understand. There could be many explanations for this,but considering we don't know the facts of the situation, all that can be said is...lucky girl...and if shouting out religious slogans got her back up and going, then great...whatever works. It would be nice to figure out exactly what worked (the noise level itself, the belief system triggering the mind to work properly again by having the heart go, etc).

Keep in mind, this could also be an elaborate hoax...how does this guy end up in front of dying people soo often when these miracles happen? (admittedly I didn't read the article yet...my first guess is he is called in by dying people for last rights)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Raising from the dead is not something new in Christianity. Like I said, we have a book with 400 raised from the dead stories in it ... including animals. But this is the first time I've seen someone say that it was satan causing the death. Isn't God supposed to be in charge of life and death??

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Raising from the dead is not something new in Christianity. Like I said, we have a book with 400 raised from the dead stories in it ... including animals. But this is the first time I've seen someone say that it was satan causing the death. Isn't God supposed to be in charge of life and death??

Personally, I don't believe that God is in charge of life and death, in the sense that when someone dies, it's because he killed them. We die of natural causes and if there is no supernatural intercession, we die, simple as that. Not sure how that impacts this story, but one thing I'm a bit surprised by is the lack of anything about what she had to say about it.

I'm not sure that I'd equate an NDE with resurrection -- the latter would seem to require sufficient time to consider one truly dead, not "mostly dead" (Princess Bride, lol.) Sounds like this woman was a bit more of a typical resuscitation, with the difference being that the medico had given up on her and was no longer trying to bring her around when she recovered.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah I would have thought god trumped satan in most life and death circumstances. Perhaps satan has more influence if god is having a day off and the Grim Reaper is on duty..
Perhaps the preacher just let the situation get the better of him and started throwing accusations around in the head of the moment!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Satan's main jobs are to "steal, KILL, and destroy."

Remember the story of Job? God told satan he could do anything to Job he wanted to EXCEPT take his life. Now, if the believer is redeemed of Christ satan no longer has authority over them, but if this person has not been born again satan can take their life if they've yielded themselves to him.

top topics

join