It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US Contractors Hired Iranian Spies, Taliban, Warlords To Guard US Troops In Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Report: US Contractors Hired Iranian Spies, Taliban, Warlords To Guard US Troops In Afghanistan

abcnews.go.com

A scathing Senate report says US contractors in Afghanistan have hired warlords, "thugs," Taliban commanders and even Iranian spies to provide security at vulnerable US military outposts in Afghanistan. The report, published by the Senate Armed Services Committee, says lax oversight and "systemic failures" have led to "grave risks' to US forces, including instances where contractors have employed Afghan subcontractors who were "linked to murder, kidnapping and bribery, as well as Taliban and anti-coalition activities." The chairman of the committee, Sen. Carl Levin, D.-Michigan, said t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I dont think that there is a big difference between our forces. I find it funny that we are using the "enemies" soldiers and spies to work for our soldiers/CIA. Our Govts. might not see eye to eye.. But the special forces are able to look past borders. lmfao...

This is great.. They are traveling with our troops. Anything that they do is going to fall on our troops soldiers. They didn't do enought to make sure that these people used were not murders... That leads to me believe that they very well could have been spying on our troops and reporting back to their govts. about our troop movements.

I would like to see these private companies banned from the war theatre. We have a large enough defense budget.. Train our own guys..

This pisses me off.. I would like to know exactly how much of my money was paid to foreign spies by a contractor that has been accused of murder and other war crimes on several different occasions.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A post I made the other day regarding the recent attacks on NATO fuel convoys:

Ok, this is getting majorly fishy. These attacks are organised, strategic assaults conducted flawlessly and acting on perfect intelligence. One or two operations I would let slip, but this many?

The Taliban take responsibility for every action detrimental to the Coalition effort; has it yet been proven that it was them?

I think it is reasonable to assume that there may be a connection with this.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
All those groups were already in their Rolodex.

They have been using them for years to do the CIA dirty work and false flag OPs.

Genuine Wars for Genuine Reasons are very rare, almost a thing of history IMHO.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
We aren't hiring them on purpose... The whole point to being a spy is not to be exposed as one...

top topics

join