It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football hooliganism on the rise amongst the youth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Police have been reporting an increase in Football hooliganism amongst young football followers in the UK.

To be honest I dont know a great deal about hooligans. There will be uk posters who can give you a better idea. (interesting fact Hooligan comes from an infamous disruptive Irish family in London called the Hooligans.).

Its something that kind of died down a little during the 90's but now seems to be on the rise again. It has never really gone away from the game just away from the grounds and stands.

Internal police figures seen by the BBC show there are now 290 teenagers across the UK banned from football grounds.

Police are worried about the possible emergence of a new generation of hooligans and they say trouble is more focused on the lower leagues where there are fewer resources to control matches.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 8-10-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Round them up. If they want to fight and show how "hard" they are, put them in a special Hooligan Regiment and send them to Afganistan. It will give our real soldiers a well deserved rest from the blood and carnage.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Interesting in the video how the lads think they are fighting for their club, some kind of warped tribalism.
To be honest we dont want these morons fighting alongside our troops unless used for clearing IED's

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Suits me. Make them all Ammunition Techs and get them clearing the roads for our convoys. I would certainly not put them next to our regulars. I wold employ them in the same manner as the French employ the Legion.

new topics

top topics

join