Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Dutch queen OKs government backed by Geert Wilders

page: 1
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Dutch queen OKs government backed by Geert Wilders


www.bbc.co.uk

Dutch Queen Beatrix has asked the leader of the Liberal VVD party to form a cabinet backed by the party of anti-Islamist populist Geert Wilders.

Mark Rutte will now head a centre-right coalition with the Christian Democrats (CDA).

The minority cabinet will have support of Mr Wilders' Freedom Party (PVV), which will remain outside the government.

The government says it plans to ban the full Islamic veil in the Netherlands.

(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
So, is this the start to the far right getting a foot-hold on political power in Europe? Geert is facing a year in prison if found guilty of inciting racial hatred and yet he's needed to form a coalition government in the Netherlands.

This really scares me. I was watching V for Vendetta again last night and the storyline in the film is eerily similar to what's being played out in the political arena today.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove
 


MWilders lives under the threat of fatwa



More specifically, a well-known Australian cleric recently called for his beheading.

in.reuters.com...

Why Americans Need to Support Geert



"If Wilders were a fellow American, his words would never have landed him in federal court.

And if they did, we should all be justifiably outraged.

Yet the same pressures pitting freedom of speech against Islamic law in Europe are underway here.

Wilders' case illustrates perfectly the two-pronged strategy of stealth jihad at work.

The "moderate" voices of Islam, lawyers and Muslim activists working within his own society, demand that the government defend their "constitutional" rights, effectively instituting acceptance of Islamic Law, or shar'ia.

At the same time, "radical" voices in the heart of Islam literally call for his head."

www.americanthinker.com...


edit on 8-10-2010 by ollncasino because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove


So, is this the start to the far right getting a foot-hold on political power in Europe? Geert is facing a year in prison if found guilty of inciting racial hatred and yet he's needed to form a coalition government in the Netherlands.

This really scares me. I was watching V for Vendetta again last night and the storyline in the film is eerily similar to what's being played out in the political arena today.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)


That's the easy way - blaming the political right wing, since it is the lefties that have messed up this country for decades and denied there was such a problem as 'immigration'. Should they have acted, Wilders wouldn't have had the opportunity to exploit the current situation.

Not saying I agree with everything Wilders says, but it's refreshing to see a politician saying things others don't dear to say (after two political assassinations in the past eight years), but generally speaking, it's a dangerous development - the rise of (extreme) right parties.

Reminds of the financial woes and the correlated rise of the NSDAP in Germany in the 1930s. Are we making the same mistake?
edit on 8-10-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Whatever you believe or feel about Geert Wilders, he was democratically elected. You cannot support a democratic system on the basis that only suitable candidates are elected. The people decided.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite
 


People conditioned by the politicians they elect. Democracy (although I think that's a joke in reality) to one side, my concern is the rising tide of extreme right-wing political parties garnering power. I view that more of a concern than the extreme side to Islam and Christianity.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by infinite
 


People conditioned by the politicians they elect. Democracy (although I think that's a joke in reality) to one side, my concern is the rising tide of extreme right-wing political parties garnering power. I view that more of a concern than the extreme side to Islam and Christianity.



Europe is moving to the right as a direct consequence of the extreme left wing policies of parties which are/have been in power.

For instance, mass Muslim immigration is very unpopular. And why wouldn’t it be?

The left only has itself to blame for any move to the right.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 


At the extreme end, how long before history repeats itself and we see a Hitler-style politician rise to power and begin to wield a fascist sword? We are headed in that direction and that is not good news.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove
 


A bit incestuous of me, but read this thread I've just penned. It summaries what you are eluding too.

The growth of State terror...



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite
 


An interesting read. Going though it now.

Viva la Revolucion!



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
At the extreme end, how long before history repeats itself and we see a Hitler-style politician rise to power and begin to wield a fascist sword? We are headed in that direction and that is not good news.


How long before history repeats itself and we see a Stalin-style politician rise to power and begin to wield a socialist sword?

I don't subscribe to all of this fear mongering about the right by the left when the left conveniently forgets that the left has produced 2 mass murders in the 20th century (Stalin and Mao).

Left wing extremism is just as dangerous as right wing extremism.

Perhaps that's why Europe is moving away from the left.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Agreed. Left or right, either is bad at the extreme end. Whether we like it or not, hate is on the rise and it's coming from the right at the moment and it needs to stop.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by infinite
 


People conditioned by the politicians they elect. Democracy (although I think that's a joke in reality) to one side, my concern is the rising tide of extreme right-wing political parties garnering power. I view that more of a concern than the extreme side to Islam and Christianity.


You prefer extreme Islam over democracy?

You have any idea what EXTREME islam will do to non believers? (Note the EXTREME being capital)

You are a misinformed person.
edit on 8-10-2010 by EarthOccupant because: I was a little to bold.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant
 


You've misread my post. I don't prefer anything.

Second line.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by ollncasino
 


Agreed. Left or right, either is bad at the extreme end. Whether we like it or not, hate is on the rise and it's coming from the right at the moment and it needs to stop.


Actually, people object to the Islamification of Europe. And why wouldn't they?

To characterise this as 'hate' explains why Europe is moving away from left wing advocates of the Islamification of Europe such as yourself.

What needs to stop is mass Muslim immigration into Europe.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant
 


Maybe, but I have witnessed first-hand what ethnic hatred is doing to my country and it is being fueled by extreme right groups with dark agendas.

I don't buy into the Islam is talking over the world theory.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The right wants to tell us how to dress, the left wants to tell us how to speak. How about the right/left leave us alone with their authoritarian BS.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


Gotta agree with you on that.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The right wants to tell us how to dress, the left wants to tell us how to speak. How about the right/left leave us alone with their authoritarian BS.


Actually, the left wants to tell us how to think.

That really is scary.



posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ollncasino
 


And the right is telling us to hate.

The whole thing is quickly collapsing into chaos.






top topics



 
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join