It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Aliens care about us HUMANS and our planet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Implying any human motive, form, or attribute upon any "alien" culture may not be a valid way to approach things to begin with. The fact is that they might not share any process or emotion that we, as humans, could empathize with or understand. In other words, aliens may have motivations that we are incapable of understanding or even comprehending at all.

Then again, maybe the human hypothalamus is the cure for alien cancer? One can never know.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sometimes I imagine aliens will land and look at all of us ... there will be hushed silence and billion eyes watching. And the little gray one will say on TV ...

"Why so down on yaself? Cheer up emo kids."

I imagine if there were league tables of civilizations in the universe we would be #1 at self hating. We're like a collective self cutting teenager.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Implying any human motive, form, or attribute upon any "alien" culture may not be a valid way to approach things to begin with.

Quite possible. Depending on how they perceive and therefore structure their reality, we might not really even exist to them, in the same way that they only seem to partially exist to us. We could be just an odd glimmer or hallucination a few of them see sometimes when they're traveling.

Real aliens, anyway. Not the future human(ish) time travelers. They would naturally be interested in us.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What we know of the age and evolution of the universe indicates that we are relative late-comers. Highly advanced species may find it interesting to see how, or if, we will negotiate the difficult transition from an agricultural to a highly technological civilization. Depending on the prevalence of intelligent, technological species, we may be the only one in the galaxy, at this time, undergoing such a difficult passage. We could be ET anthropologists' fondest dream. Ross

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think that they tend to show up most when something momentous is about to occur. and, if you look around at what's happening in the world right now, something big is about to jump off. could be another 9/11-type situation, war with iran that goes worldwide and nuclear, or an assassination of a world leader. dunno what, but human history is about to change. and not for the better.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

We already have said button: wingmakers.co.nz...

I think the aliens are here to help us, and i'm sure throughout history they have always been helping us (e.g. deactivating nukes, slowly working on all of our consciousness, etc
)
edit on 8-10-2010 by alien102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm thinking they come for the Tibetan music and the strawberry ice cream (some folks here will get that...)....

Seriously though, for all we know, our planet's lifeforms are unique. Other planets may not harbor near as much life or of the variety here. Maybe they are just very curious zoologists or botanists? We simply don't know.

May even be us that they are interested in...perhaps we advanced more than we should have so far (or less) compared to the norm for other sapients..?

They don't seem to be interested in conquest (or we'd be taken over already), or our destruction (same).

It's doubtful they'd need our resources (with interstellar travel, any needed item is available all over)...

So, the only thing not out there (that we know of) is the life on this planet. Wouldn't WE care if we found life on another planet? (even if just animal intelligence?) Of course we would. No reason to doubt they are otherwise, using our only known benchmark.....US....

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Many people are missing the fact that aliens have been here for a long time observing us. They created us through genetic manipulation. They are humanoids just like us.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

To continuing learning. They thirst for knowledge.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
well i think of it this way, if you take the stance that they are peaceful and curious that would explain alot about why they seem curious about nukes. a peaceful race that has been that way for a long time wouldn't have weapons even defensive ones and would have a hard time understanding why we would have these things, and quite frankly a little scared. i mean think about this, you are an anthropologist studying some lost tribe in the middle of africa, you start observing them from afar and maybe even kidnap a few to see how they tick becaue they look funny. then you come back a week later and they have a howitzer cannon. being a peacful anthropologist you have never seen something like that designed only to destroy other people in their tribe (and do it really well). at that point would you continue to watch from a far or roll into the middle of the village and introduce yourself. personally i would just hang out to see if they finally get rid of the cannon. now on the other hand just in case it would sure be a plus to know how that howitzer works so if they do see you that you can stop them from using to blow you away.

if you take the stance they are hostile, that just doesn't make any sense. if that is the case why wouldn't they have conquered us in ancient times, hell a LAPD swat team transported back to 100bce could conquer the planet you can't tell me hostile aliens couldn't take out some sheep farmers with sticks.

if you take the stance they want the earth's resources, that doesn't make much sense either. first of all to travel that distance they have a renewable power source, raw materials can be found on astroids/planets etc... that are devoid of life and finally if they really wanted our natrual resources they couldn't take them from us, they know we would nuke the hell out of them and us hence destroying the planet. now considering their technology if they really wanted our resources they would simply create some kind of zombie making or super virus to kill us off leaving the planet for the picking. although there are lots of diseases out there we are still pumping out kids faster than people are dying (as a planet) and there isn't some super virus knocking people off in large chunks.

to me the only thing that makes sense would be their spirit of adventure and search for life, but they can't exactly roll up and say hello after seeing us. they probably think we are dangerous now, wait until we add our destructive nature to their peaceful advanced technology and they can't really let that happen. although in 100bce they had sticks and stones we were probably more dangerous due to the political structure of empire and kingdoms along with information not being passed easily allowed some darker sides of human nature. so it makes sense to me they are just hanging out watching us until we reach a point that violence isn't our first reaction. they have been watching for thousands of years and quite frankly we haven't come very far since then, we have just gotten more efficent at off-ing one another.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't see them as hostile or benevolent. Reality isn't black and white. If anything they are indifferent towards us. To some though that indifference may be regarded as hostility. Aliens exhibit no moral conscious prohibiting them from abducting humans against their will and performing experiments upon them, much the same way we perform experiments on animals in test labs. There are many eyewitness accounts that the greys are creating a hybrid race by fusing their DNA with ours. This would explain why their experiments often focus around reproductive organs and also why they would abduct so many people, they need a wide range of subjects to create a larger hybrid gene pool.
edit on 8-10-2010 by dusk18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
To continuing learning. They thirst for knowledge.

But what if after farting around the universe for a million (or billion) years or more at human or above human levels, they have pretty much everything figured out? After you've mastered space and time, and studied every living thing in the universe down to quantum levels, what more knowledge would you seek?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed

So why would any Alien or Extra Terrestrial entity be interested in us? If they can travel to our planet and stay relatively hidden and therefore have far superior technology what would they want with us?

Probably for the same reason that parents tend to stay around and look after their kids, or someone taking care of a pet- protecting and caring for it or even loving it- while others engage occasionally in breeding or crossbreeding their pets.

We must be to them what Chimpanzees are to us. Cute, Intelligent (sort of) and excellent for study!

Well, that pretty much sums up what the Sumerian texts claims too.

They, in short, say that; "Man was but an animal when the Gods arrived, and drank water straight from the ditches and wore no clothes, but had god intelligens; enabling the gods to communicate with "Apeman".

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyax-

This is a good post Showing some interesting possibilities.
To add to this my thoughts are that the whole universe can be seen as a fractal and most races are at different forms of evolution.We may be an experiment ( boy are we screwing that one up) to see what a free evolutionary process would bring. We may have had some DNA manipulation to see if certain traits are of any use, or
it's possible that we are the dumping ground of genetic garbage. Never the less we are being monitored until wereach the point of no return.
PEACE to all!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
simple, they're betting on stocks, we got them hooked haha

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

Maybe the aliens know more than humans. And even if humans don't giving a flying feather about the aliens, it dosen't have to be vice versa.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Hopeully the aliens are able to disarm all nation's nukes to prevent actions of mass stupidity.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I dunno.. for the same reason some of our own humans study in depth, mold, spore and fungi in great detail? Why we curiously question everything, until we get to the bottom of it?

Why can't other species be as curious as us?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join