It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing Skylifter, a new giant of the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"An Australian company is developing a giant flying saucer that can transport buildings for long distances anywhere in the world.

The airship, dubbed the "SkyLifter", would be able to lift up to 150 tonnes - more than seven times the weight that helicopters are able to carry."

LINK TO ARTICLE

My thoughts:
Not ur traditional flying saucer, but interesting none the less. Not much to add just thought you would all be interested and would like to hear your thoughts.

edit on 7-10-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2010 by byteshertz because: NOTE: Video on link

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
s+f

good find , ive always been facinated with the stealth blimp and cargo blimp phenomenon,

id put my money on them being responsible for a few ufos thats been spotted across the world .

the american stealth blimp is some what shaped that of a triangle , wink wink

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Hmm, I hope they know what they're doing. An engine failure in one of those things doesn't sound very good.

"Whoops... Looks like we dropped your office building"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm glad. We could have started on this tech a hundred years ago.
Modular housing, so I can order a new kitchen for the party this weekend.
Heavy lift is just the begining.

David Grouchy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80afe60537a2.png[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
WOW!

Ok it can lift up buildings which,means it could lift me up! This could be a complete transportation revolution! I think this is just one of first of a complete infrastructure change.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen!! What an exciting and wonderful development, I lvoe it!

But is there a huge demand for moving entire buildings? Or is this going to be miliatarized in some fashion, and how?

I love the idea of being abble to use two or three and move small cities. How exciting would that be!

Can yall tell Im excited?

OOOH, forgot to add, this craft could potentially be wonderful for mass evacuations, like in Katrina or Haiti.
edit on 7-10-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
dsc.discovery.com...

Here is a video of a sim of a Floating city
from Discovery dot com.

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Now we can move Palestine to Alaska.

*dont hit me*

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Now we can move the Welsh to Alaska.

Good idea / second line.

Jensy

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I could think of 150 uses of this off the top of my head. Unfortunately it will probably end up in the military's competent hands like everything else does. God forbid we use it to do something other than kill people.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Airships in general don't make a whole lot of sense. They generally have poor safety records not due to hydrogen gas, but from structural failure. They also have massive difficulty dealing with wind, require regular top-ups of extremely expensive helium and have buoyancy problems. Historically they haven't been able to carry much. Best of luck to the company, but I'm not holding my breath on an airship that can actually lift 150 tonnes. A UAV version is most likely IMO.
edit on 21/10/10 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
One of those babies and about a million lights. OHHHHH what fun

new topics

top topics

join