It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a job in acting? Audition to be in the audience of a live Obama town hall meeting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I saw this posted on another forum...Check out the link and you will find it in the listings. If this gets deleted I have the screen shot of it.

PRESIDENT OBAMA TOWN HALL, DC MTV, BET, and CMT (prods.) are casting the audience for a town hall meeting with President Obama. Shooting Oct. 14 at 4 p.m. in Washington, DC. Seeking—Audience Members: males and females, 18+. To apply, email [email protected] and put "Town Hall" in the subject line. To ensure that the audience represents diverse interests and political views, include your name, phone number, hometown, school attending, your job and what issues, if any, you are ...

casting.backstage.com... d=-1&o1=2&p1=1&ipp=10&city=&fromsearchpage=True&kwrd=&kwdt=1&lcta=1&st=DC&cn=1&btnSearch=Run+Search+Now

I'd add more but you have to register to see the rest. Well I wish I was an actor and could go to this meeting! Couldn't this fall under segregation?
edit on 7-10-2010 by kyle43 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2010 by kyle43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This falls under "Stacking the Deck", and shows how stupid he thinks the American people are.
HMMMMM.....I wonder why he just does not open the doors (without Screening his audience) and have a REAL town hall meeting.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They just want this next one not to have the Black Super Woman invited again.
What was her name?
That was a huge blow to the pres...taking a first class whoop'n...
www.youtube.com...

on my iphone today please imbed

edit on 7-10-2010 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

With the use of facebook, I'm sure the producers can find the "perfect" audience and get all the right questions asked, before they tape. I agree with you, open the doors...let everyone get a ticket and ask a question. Have each person rate the question answered and if it is below a certain level at the end of the day, its bye bye Mr. Obama.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

I'm going to apply and state my reason is: I want to ask Mr. Obama, Where is my Obama Money. Why am I still paying my mortgage, gas bill and working?
I want my Obama money!

Of-course, I didn't vote for the Jerk and I know better than to believe this crap, but, I have a co-worker who does believe that she will be receiving some time soon more money in her check to help pay her mortgage. She is College educated, I'm retired doing part-time work.
I'll show her the article tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
And here's the whole story:

mediaite.com

In reality, the same submission request was included in the event’s press release, invitations to colleges, and on the network websites. PoliticalWire reveals the possible true purpose of this meme, which seems to be to undercut news of a very different casting call by Republicans.

This story is likely going to get an added push in the right-of-center media in order to distract from the story of a casting call for a National Republican Senatorial Committee ad (since removed) that seems to condescend to the party’s base. From Politico: (h/t PoliticalWire)

Republican casting call;

" A Republican ad that shows a couple of regular-looking guys commiserating in a diner about West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin (D) turns out to have been shot with actors, from a script, in Philadelphia. But not just any actors: “We are going for a ‘Hicky’ Blue Collar look,” read the casting call for the ad, being aired by the National Republican Senatorial Committee. “These characters are from West Virginia so think coal miner/trucker looks.”

While obvious to most, Geraghty doesn’t point out that this notice (or the solicitation on MTV.com, the invitation to college students, or the Viacom press release) is in no way connected to the Obama administration. For all we know, they plan to stack the audience with Tea Party sympathizers. That’d certainly be good television.

There now you can bash both parties

edit on 7-10-2010 by Connector because: adjust quotes

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Hmm, this is sounding like more and more of a scripted event, bringing MTV into the mix. I have a feeling we will be hearing about this a lot tomorrow in the news, or very soon. The "left" and "right" battle is going to get really back and forth this month, buckle up !

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
let's see. Reagan did this. Bush did it after him. Clinton did it very well. And Bush after him.

So you are all surprised, ...... why?

I know, the Republicans will save us...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
personally, i think they should let folks like you in. It would only serve to strengthen his own base with people yelling at the top of their lungs about too many taxes.

As far as I can tell, the so-called 'Tea PArty" is doing their darndest to make the Republicans split the vote and keep the Dems in Power.

Maybe the Tea Party are actually Democratic Operatives?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Because it is MTV! This is indoctrination at its finest! There is an exposition going on right now in the media, it is being brought up now because it was meant to be. At least thats what the situation seems like to me right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
reply to post by justadood

Because it is MTV! This is indoctrination at its finest! There is an exposition going on right now in the media, it is being brought up now because it was meant to be. At least thats what the situation seems like to me right now.

'indoctrination'?

I mean, sure. Okay. It's 'indoctrination'. But under that definition, all television is 'indoctrination'. Cspan is 'indoctrination'?

I think you are just criticizing for the sake of criticism. Try something substantive.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
this is why actors and politicians get along so well they both get paid to make you beleive that they are something that they are not

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hard to believe but not unexpected. Obama is a rock star and he is being treated as such. He and all of his cronies in D.C. are just cowards, afraid to answer the questions that America needs answers to.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This isn't really for acting like you are saying. It's away to get a crowd of people together. I'm sure they will pick people of all types and sides. I don't see the problem with it; it's just a quick way to get people to show up. Not really acting at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

I'd say it is acting, the whole thing is a show. This just proves it. Chances are the whole thing will be scripted, and not live, yes this is acting. The picking and choosing the you acknowledge will likely go to the extreme and the actors wil have a choice "heckel Obama or take this wad of cash"

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

The Dems and Obama just Love Young People considering 99 Percent of them are Politically Naive . On the other side of the Coin are those Voters who have some Age and Experience under their Belts when it comes to Understanding the GAME of Politics and are quite Aware of the Expression ......" You Can Fool Some Of The People Some Of The Time , But Not All Of The People All Of The Time " .

new topics

top topics

join