It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if members of Congress were seated according to their major business sponsors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting and thought I'd share. Seats in both the House and the Senate are color coded to the amount catering to certain business sectors and big labor (unions) to the politicians currently taking these seats.

The Senate is pretty much completely controlled by the finance sector and large corporations. The House currently is nearly split between labor and big business.

I've always thought that the Senate was the most corrupt...and it this just goes to show me that it's true....and also why most legilislation that goes through the Senate gets watered down and destroyed.

motherjones.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nice idea. Personally, I think that members of Congress and the Senate should wear suits like NASCAR drivers, especially now that the Supreme Court has ruled there are no limits on campaign contributions from corporations.

Obama could were a big "Goldman Sachs" patch on his back and a "SEIU" logo on his front pocket, and of course, an ACORN in his back pocket....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I automatically thought that is the way it is. The Special interest with the highest bid...Wins the Seat!!!

But of course....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

OMG this is a FANTASTIC idea!! From their practically anonymous $5000 Italian suits to something really obvious. I love it.

It makes me sick that they don't even put up a pretense at ethics anymore.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would also like to add a little title to their name plates like how they currently have Rep. John Doe should be BP Rep. John Doe or CB Rep. Jane Doe.

Could you imagine when they called up the names for roll call on a vote? "City Bank Representative Jane Doe" "Nay".

How sad.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I almost hurt myself laughing ...... and you think voting makes a difference????? OMFG ..... the whole group of these dirt bags needs to be cleaned out, there is not a shadow of a doubt to me there vote is always going to the highest bidder ....

Come on people clean house or just go along with it ..... its a fixed game for pete's sake.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I thought it was funny that Ron Paul the guy who wants to end the war instantly receives most of his money from our troops. Yet the Republicans are all for more war. I guess they do not care what our troops think.

link   
ZOMG...double post!
edit on 8-10-2010 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

link   
ZOMFG! I need a new mouse it triple-clicked.
edit on 8-10-2010 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In reality, I'm not laughing. I find this as chilling as any recent Halloween story in the fiction section this time of year.

Not surprised in the least, but not exactly amused either. I'm appalled. As usual.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Around their necks will be signs hung with the name of their sponsor and logos that read sold to the highest bidder. It is a sad state of affairs how our politicians are bought.
edit on 8-10-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Great find D9176.

I have read some replies stating we need to throw these folks of government. True. However, it is the system which is systemically flawed. The next bunch "we" would put in would probably not fare much better than these losers.

We indeed need to start making these jokers wear NASCAR jackets with their sponsors emblazoned upon them. I may be from such and such state, but these zero's do not represent me.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I always thought that our representatives and senators should be forced to wear jackets with their corporate sponsors logos on them, just to show exactly why they are voting for certain pieces of legislation. Least then we would all know who really controls these people.

Course you can always go here too:
maplight.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It should be like NASCAR.

You wear a coat with all of the patches from the companies that give you money.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join