It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puppy prevents Canadian killing spree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
thank god for puppies......damn the sick b*astards!

A Canadian man, driving a car packed with weapons and ammunition, was intent on killing as many people as possible in a Toronto neighbourhood but gave up the plan at the last minute when he encountered a friendly dog, police say.

The middle-aged man, who police say is mentally disturbed, had planned to carry out the shooting spree on Wednesday to ensure he would be put in jail permanently.

Police say he had set himself up in an east-end park to load his weapons and then planned to drive around shooting.

He told police that a dog then approached and started playing with him.

Police say the encounter melted the man's heart, and he then went in search of police to give himself up.

"He happens to be a pet lover, and decided that since there was such a nice dog in the area, that people were too nice and he wasn't going to carry out his plan," Detective Nick Ashley said.

Police have found 6,000 rounds of ammunition, two rifles, a shotgun, a semi-automatic pistol, a revolver and an air rifle in the man's car, along with a machete and a hunting knife.

The car also contains a throwing knife, a camouflage mask and netting.

James Paul Stanson, 43, has been charged with a variety of weapons-related offences and appeared in court for a bail hearing on Thursday.

-- Reuters

link

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow what an amazing turn of events,
I really think this guy had a mental problem of sorts,

Well i hope that little becomes the towns lucky charm!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
One of God's little interventions. Saving not only many people, but also the potential perpertartor from some serious karma issues.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think his mental illness probably accelerated his change of mind, but all the same thank goodness for strays.

My question is what was he doing with an air rifle? You cant really kill someone with one of those, but you can leave a nasty scar believe me.

Was the dog a stray or someone's dog who got loose.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Was the dog a stray or someone's dog who got loose.

I believe the puppy belonged to someone nearby.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
/psych major mode
This fellow most likely wasn't going to go through with it in the first place. He was just looking for an excuse to stop and turn himself in. The puppy was just a convieneint excuse. It could have been anything, a fire hydrant, a mail a stop sign, etc... Anything that has meaning to him.
/psych major mode

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
/psych major mode
This fellow most likely wasn't going to go through with it in the first place. He was just looking for an excuse to stop and turn himself in. The puppy was just a convieneint excuse. It could have been anything, a fire hydrant, a mail a stop sign, etc... Anything that has meaning to him.
/psych major mode

I doubt a stop sign (unless it was in Quebec) would of stopped his plans...

but just like chicks - freaks & schizos are suckers for puppies

here's some more info on this freak:

WOOD POINT, N.B. -- James Paul Stanson adored dogs, especially his terrier mutt MacTavish. He had a sweet tooth. He kept birdhouses. He was a loner and a slob. He suffered from diabetes and an enlarged aorta.

He was so distraught by his deteriorating health he planned a killing spree in Toronto ([sarcasm]thats a good excuse[/sarcasm]), 1,500 kilometres from his home in New Brunswick, where he told police "people were too nice to kill."

full story

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by quadricle
thank god for puppies......

These are stories that make a big difference,
that such a bad event could be averted
renews somewhat a flickering faith
that the world might not be doomed after all....
... as long as 'local authorities' don't lock up the dog,
claiming it to be a stray needing to be 'put down'

Sure wish we could see more stories like this,
certainly balances all the overkill of that other
'world ends next week when the gov't locks up the (insert here)'

Did anything else go right last week? Enquiring minds want to know!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik
Did anything else go right last week? Enquiring minds want to know!

as always the media loves negative and violent stories since apparently the good news is usually boring, but let's see...here's a few snippets of "good" from around our world:

Kent boy lets hair grow 20 months for charity
After letting his hair grow for 20 months, enduring teasing and being mistaken for a girl, Dominic Bizak, a Kent 11-year-old, several days ago got a haircut in the name of charity.
full story

Uniting for a Greener Europe
The first pan-European political party has been formed by the Greens. At a special congress in Rome, 31 European Green Parties signed a statute forming the new European Green Party. They pledged to build �a more tolerant, social, ecological and democratic� Europe, to campaign jointly for the phasing out of nuclear energy and to reject the introduction of genetically modified foods.
full story

Internet speed record set
The record, announced Tuesday at the Spring 2004 Internet2 member meeting in Arlington, Va., was for transmitting data over nearly 11,000 kilometers at an average speed of 6.25 gigabits per second. This is nearly 10,000 times faster than a typical home broadband connection. The network link used to set the record reaches from Los Angeles to Geneva, Switzerland.
full story

but I tell ya what tho....took forever to find anything good......humans are sadists....

new topics

top topics

join