It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To Angry Americans--(Tea Party)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Afternoon folks. I found this while stumbling, and although I made not agree with all of it, it certainly makes it's point.

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President. You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.
You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city, New Orleans, drown.

You didn't get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich.

You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans. . .oh hell no!

The actual article can found here.

Thoughts?

~Keeper
edit on 10/7/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You didn't get angry when we handed over a large portion of our military operations and logistics to private contractors.

You didn't get angry when we went into a war unprepared.

You didn't get angry when thousands of foreign civilians died.

You didn't get angry when we spent nearly a decade leaving Ground Zero barren.

You didn't get angry when tortured people.

You didn't get angry when we used secret prisons for 'interrogation'.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ever hear of the straw that broke the camel's back?

Can we not be happy that people are waking up, or must we just complain that people didn't wake up soon enough?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Ohh I'm not complaining. It's just ironic that Americans have gotten worked up over trivial issues, yet the important ones seem to go by without notice.

Obviously is a good thing that people are waking up, now the hard part is attempting to educate them and focus their attention on the larger picture.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Nope, the lot of them kept shut during the Bush administration just as they did during the Bush senior administration, just as they did during the Reagan administration. When last prior to the 2008 year did you see 70,000 odd social and fiscal conservatives gather in DC to protest government spending and taxes? I certainly have never seen such a presence... and you know what? When the next Republican hack makes it into office along with the Republican majority, the lot of them in the tea parties will retreat back to their homes back to watching Fox news at the family dinner table. But yes, we'll be assured that the tea parties still exist, right back to their former insignificant sizes again.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yeah, actually I'm skeptical myself that this will amount to anything before the whole thing collapses. Better late than never, I guess.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I got mad when each and every one of those things happened, so did a LOT of conservatives. That is the reason so many R's lost their jobs in the last election, their supporters stayed home or voted for 3rd party candidates after 8 years of disappointments and betrayals.

Now, after the destruction of our republic has accelerated under the "change" that replaced the corrupted R's even more people from all walks of life are getting mad and looking for third way candidates who didn't originate from the two party establishment.

Hopefully America won't just fall for the tried and true trap of voting out the old bums just to vote in a new group of bums, just as bad but in a different way. We need to stop trading one brand of evil for another; voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for EVIL. We need to find candidates who we can feel good about supporting, not ones who are less evil than the other guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You didn't get mad when the democratic left banned some firearms by telling them what kind of firearms to own

You didn't get mad when a thousands of classified documents that we just released this year but wait there are still more coming out YEAH breaking national security is apparently legal these days.

You didn't get mad when the when the patriot act hasnt been repealed last time i checked democrats have been the majority in congress since 2006.

You didn't get mad when we when we had world war 1,world war 2, the korean war,vietnam,bosnia/kosovo, somalia guess what folks a lot of people died there.....not to mention under the democratic presidents developed and used the most feared weapon that has ever been known in all of human history.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 2 trillion dollars since obamas swearing in and on what prey tell? what the hell do you people have to show for it all?

You didn't get mad when maxine waters and charlie rangle got busted for being crooked .

You didn't get mad when you murder an unborn child but you do get mad when someone gets a little water splashed in their face

You didn't get mad when the government is expanding that wiretapping and become more intrusive in to american lives..

You didn't get mad when since we still havent caught bin laden how many years has obama been there now?

You didn't get mad when when you cut military budgets thats what happens to WALTER REED!. wait but then agian the left tried to make the military to pay for their own insurance..

You didn't get mad bobbie jindal has been on his own since the bp oil spill where the hell has obama and the left been?

You cant get mad since you have done the same things under obama as you decry the right and bush of

You didn't get mad when everything you have done has increased the federal deficit.

You finally got mad when we started call you people out on the same crap you denounce a single side for. . .oh hell no!

last time i checked in regards to the kuwait war KUWAIT ASKED US TO INTERVENE!!! who did they call?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ..........deal with it......

last time i checked reagan created more wealth in this country than any president of late hell under reagan we actually still had an industrial base......

and clinton did nothing but dismantle the military and intelligence agencies and the financial systems........

really now where the hell do you people get off? nah im not having none of this bs cause thats what it is bs.

meh

edit on 7-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I waited like many Americans for the change that was promised. All that 'hope and change' stuff.

Bush spent us into bankruptcy and some of us waited to see if it was going to be 'change' as advertised. But it is business as usual, but with added spending.

One can only hope that with the November elections, the politicians will finally realize that they work for US, the people, and that we don't work for them..

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well being Canadian, there's not much I could have done with my anger.

I'm not on one side or another here, I was simply posting something I had found while stumbling. Please don't that as what I see or agree with.

Just posted it to make a point my friend.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yeah, you didn't get mad when the Federal Reserve was founded; where were you then, huh? Huh?

Everybody has their breaking points and just because the liberal media began covering the tea parties when the began protesting the new health care bill doesn't mean that's when everybody snapped. Not to mention the Tea Party was hijacked by the GOP so, of course it's going to get loudest after the GOP loses power.

The core, original, independent, often libertarian section of the Tea Party has been shouting at the tops of their lungs for a long, long time.
edit on 10/7/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Can we not be happy that people are waking up, or must we just complain that people didn't wake up soon enough?

It's not about complaining about someone 'waking up'. It's about questioning whether they are actually, genuinely awake at all. I personally question the motives of an entire demographic that was once a champion of the Bush Administration now all pretending like they are deeply troubled by the direction of our nation. And i find it doubly ironic that they appear to be co-opting much of the left's criticism of Bush and pretending they have always felt this way.

This is a last-ditch effort to rebrand the Republican Party and the American Right. At one point it may have represented a more Libertarian, Ron Paul faction of American political thought, but at this point it has been fully harnessed by the powers embedded in the neo-con Right wing, and anyone left playing the role is merely a tool of this conglomerate.

Originally posted by eNumbra
Yeah, you didn't get mad when the Federal Reserve was founded; where were you then, huh? Huh?

Everybody has their breaking points and just because the liberal media began covering the tea parties when the began protesting the new health care bill doesn't mean that's when everybody snapped. Not to mention the Tea Party was hijacked by the GOP so, of course it's going to get loudest after the GOP loses power.

The core, original, independent, often libertarian section of the Tea Party has been shouting at the tops of their lungs for a long, long time.
edit on 10/7/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Libertarians have been around for a long time, yes. But to pretend that the vast majority of the so-called 'tea party movement' at this point are actual libertarians of any degree is just not true.
edit on 7-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I waited like many Americans for the change that was promised. All that 'hope and change' stuff.

Really? You believed ponies would poop rainbows upon your head just because a moderately moderate guy was elected president?

Bush spent us into bankruptcy and some of us waited to see if it was going to be 'change' as advertised. But it is business as usual, but with added spending.

Well, there's your problem! You were waiting around for change! No wonder you are disappointed! Also, it wasn't just Bush who spent us into debt, it was congress on both sides of the isles for years. And that whole War on Terror thing that most 'leftist extremists' were protesting loudly while conservatives questioned their patriotism.

One can only hope that with the November elections, the politicians will finally realize that they work for US, the people, and that we don't work for them..

What would POSSIBLY make them think that? Because a few yahoos spouting catch phrases might get elected? Who are these wonderful senators who you think will save our country? I mean, you seem so confident, i would hope you would have some specific people and policies in mind, instead of merely vague rejection.

It is exactly that sort of desire to see the pendulum swing, regardless of actual issues, that will keep the USA in the trajectory it has been on since at least the end of ww2. Try figuring out what your options actually ARE, and fidn out who you SUPPORT, learn the issues, and get involved. You'll learn something, i promise.

edit on 7-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

umm, the latter is actually the case. Because those who claim to be "waking up" are only doing so because there isn't a republican in office...

sorry but its' true

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

My thoughts are that this is GREAT!

This is what I have been saying for so long. This article illustrates that
the Tea Bagger outlook along with republican conservativism is an immoral and backward philosophy based on selfishness and ignorance.

Those who claim that the Tea baggers were upset at the things mentioned in the article are not being truthful, since all we have to do is go to the major tea bag candidates and see that they ALL SUPPORTED THE IRAQ WAR AND MUCH OF WHAT BUSH DID.

Another thing to consider is that the Tea bagger philosophy is nothing new.
They are just rehashed ideas

I think we all forget Ross Perot who had a very similar philosophy when he ran for president in 1992 as a third party candidate.

edit on 7-10-2010 by inforeal because: added content

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You didn't get mad when the democratic left banned some firearms by telling them what kind of firearms to own

You didn't get mad when a thousands of classified documents that we just released this year but wait there are still more coming out YEAH breaking national security is apparently legal these days.

You didn't get mad when the when the patriot act hasnt been repealed last time i checked democrats have been the majority in congress since 2006.

You didn't get mad when we when we had world war 1,world war 2, the korean war,vietnam,bosnia/kosovo, somalia guess what folks a lot of people died there.....not to mention under the democratic presidents developed and used the most feared weapon that has ever been known in all of human history.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 2 trillion dollars since obamas swearing in and on what prey tell? what the hell do you people have to show for it all?

You didn't get mad when maxine waters and charlie rangle got busted for being crooked .

You didn't get mad when you murder an unborn child but you do get mad when someone gets a little water splashed in their face

You didn't get mad when the government is expanding that wiretapping and become more intrusive in to american lives..

You didn't get mad when since we still havent caught bin laden how many years has obama been there now?

You didn't get mad when when you cut military budgets thats what happens to WALTER REED!. wait but then agian the left tried to make the military to pay for their own insurance..

You didn't get mad bobbie jindal has been on his own since the bp oil spill where the hell has obama and the left been?

You cant get mad since you have done the same things under obama as you decry the right and bush of

You didn't get mad when everything you have done has increased the federal deficit.

You finally got mad when we started call you people out on the same crap you denounce a single side for. . .oh hell no!

last time i checked in regards to the kuwait war KUWAIT ASKED US TO INTERVENE!!! who did they call?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ..........deal with it......

last time i checked reagan created more wealth in this country than any president of late hell under reagan we actually still had an industrial base......

and clinton did nothing but dismantle the military and intelligence agencies and the financial systems........

really now where the hell do you people get off? nah im not having none of this bs cause thats what it is bs.

meh

edit on 7-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

What is sadly funny to me is that you actually think that this list of reasons equals the OP list. It doesn't, not if you are a thinking American.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I feel the post makes some very good points. Where were we and what were we doing that we allowed these things to happen then, and are still letting the same things happen now? Probably sitting at home on the computer arguing whose politics are better or worse. The left, the right, moderates, extremists. Unfortunately for us, the American citizens, it doesn't make a lot of difference one way or the other right now. I'm more concerned with how we are going to get out of this mess we are in. WE, collectively, let this go on for too long. Now we are either going to survive this terrible state of our beloved union together, or our country will fade into the history books as another country that imploded on itself.

We the people do not have much time to argue who's right or wrong. Although I don't see it happening soon, we have got to set aside our differences and focus on the really important things, and let our legislator's and senator's know we will accept nothing less than their immediate attention to our concerns. Give me a democrat, republican, libertarian, or tea party candidate, who will genuinely work toward fixing the most important issues that threaten to destroy our country, and I am all for them. Doesn't much matter to me, just so long as the economy gets fixed, we quit giving money and jobs to every other country but ours, we fix Social Security and Medicare, and send a whole lot of the illegal aliens home until we help our own citizens.

I am ashamed that we have let politicians put us in this mess. I gave them carte blanche and trusted them.
No more.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Ohh I'm not complaining. It's just ironic that Americans have gotten worked up over trivial issues, yet the important ones seem to go by without notice.

Obviously is a good thing that people are waking up, now the hard part is attempting to educate them and focus their attention on the larger picture.

~Keeper

What is important to you may not be important to other ppl.

They call it perspective, look it up.

You are obviously complaining, but I cannot blame you there because I do it too.

Most of the things in your list angered me as well, some I just wrote off
as collateral damage but as more evidence becomes available more
of it makes me and others angry.

I think you will find a large portion of the Tea Party movement have a
libertarian bent, and just want the federal government out of their lives.

A lot of them were happy to let the demons run Amok in DC in both
parties til it started affecting their lives.

Some are merely against Obama for wrong and right reasons, some are
hard core Republicans while some are Ron Paul followers.

The Tea party started with the Ron Paul ppl, not Sarah "pathetic" Palin.

Like shoes, members of the Tea party are not one size or label fits all.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Ex_MislTech because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zefiro

nope that list doesnt equal the op its a hell of alot worse..........

everything the left has done has been far worse than the bush years and they are adding to it everyday

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

the tea party was started by grassroots libertarians strongly rooted in and associated with the ron paul movement.

once the big money neocons realized that something big was in the works, they did something called 'jumping to the front of the bandwagon'. essentially, they highjacked the movement and acted like they were there all along.

i followed the tea party movement when it first began, when no news network would cover it, including fox news.

imo, this is just another example of how tptb know how to diffuse and discredit an entire legitimate movement by turning it crazy and associating it with idiot blind stereotypical modern republicans, who are not true conservatives. i cannot for one look at someone like sarah palin and believe she is not a carefully constructed character to pander to these nutjobs. this world is madness. it is cases like these that make me think we will never have a chance. the left-right paradigm is a joke.

and yes, i did complain at all of the things mentioned in the op.

oh wait, i just saw that last one. you/whoever wrote that have/has no idea what you're/they're talking about in that regard. just wait and see. two sides of the same coins, the left and the right, carefully and incrementally driving this country into the ground. and the world for that matter.
edit on 8-10-2010 by thedeadlyrhythm because: last par

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join