It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are these real UFO's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I have 3 pictures i m going to post of UFO's that have appered in Tulsa, Oklahoma which is where I live. Each of these photos is unique in a certain way but i have neither proven nor debunked these photos because they are just amazing pictures. Here they are.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7dfb72d23a66.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0efaef20966.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f996a74f036.jpg[/atsimg]

Let me know what you guys think about these pics.
edit on 7-10-2010 by johnnie_walker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The first two I'm not sure about, but if they're in the sky and you dont know what they are then they're UFOs. The third looks like a bad attempt at photoshop, I'm familiar myself with using photoshop badly lol.

Phil
edit on 7/10/10 by LondonUK because: There, They're and Theirs

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LondonUK

lol yeah that third one is a bad attempt i must say so myself. hey can u get banned for using all CAPS on a thread headline? i might get banned cuz all my headlines are in all CAPITOL letters

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnie_walker

Do you have the original raw images? Cant analyze with these since they have been thru an editing software. The chance of them being "photoshopped" in is very high now.

The last looks so obviously fake...do you really question its legitimacy?
edit on October 7th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnie_walker
reply to post by LondonUK

lol yeah that third one is a bad attempt i must say so myself. hey can u get banned for using all CAPS on a thread headline? i might get banned cuz all my headlines are in all CAPITOL letters

No, you will not be banned, but you need to change it. Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I do not question the last one i know its fake but its still kidna cool. These pictures are not mine. The first two are from a fmaily member a long time ago. i do not have the originals. I wish i had the originals though.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I do not question the last one i know its fake but its still kidna cool. These pictures are not mine. The first two are from a fmaily member a long time ago. i do not have the originals. I wish i had the originals though.

Well to be honest, they can not be properly analyzed without having the raw images.

Plus, having no details at all does not help.

....just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Well to be honest, they can not be properly analyzed without having the raw images.

Plus, having no details at all does not help.

....just my opinion.

you can look up on google 1965 tulsa oklahoma UFO sighting. from there you can gather your own information

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Mr Johnny Walker.

Hi there,

I am not a fan of UFO pictures. I do believe that people are often mistaken when they think they saw a UFO. the extraterrestrial kind anyway.

I can clearly see that these are probably not real as they look tampered with. I could be wrong but I am not convinced one bit.

I did find that you wrote about faking a UFO on another fake UFO thread. Here are your quotes. I am assuming that these are your fakes.

IF these are, I am surprised you would stoop to the level of the OP from the thread I am quoting from.

I do not mean any disrespect but UFO pics are not reliable evidence. Sorry.

i will recreate this image and i will shove my money down your throat I look forward to seeing your next post when the Re-created image is posted.

i need to know how to post a photo directly in the post. i have the re-created photo ready to post.
edit on 4-10-2010 by johnnie_walker because: the photo was not seen.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The first one looks to be some kind of debris to me. It appears that there is a strong storm or a possible tornado in the background there, so it wouldn't surprise me to see anything flying by in the shot.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have just realized the third picture is also your avatar... Use photoshop much?

Phil

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Johnnie walker.....

you can look up on google 1965 tulsa oklahoma UFO sighting. from there you can gather your own information

Seeing that this is your thread, is there any chance you could provide some information such as that?

I would be very interested to see it if you would.

Yours in anticipation
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

its difficult to tell from stills, although it can be difficult to tell from video, video is always better because you can see how it behaves but i'll put down what they look like to me, i don't see how anyone can say for certain though.

the first picture looks like a bunch of 3 blimps.

the second could be anything at all, the picture is not very clear, it could be something on the ground or in the air.

and the 3rd is 100% fake and looks like computer generated graphics added to the photo.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The third one is definitely photo shopped (well in my opinion) as this error level analysis shows.

The UFO, tops of the trees and the light on the green tree on the right are all modified

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1deca923dc2d.jpeg[/atsimg]

error level analysis

The other pictures are so degraded it's hard to do anything with them

edit on 7-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The object in the first picture has an odd, blurred line that extends vertically from the ground to the object in question (or vice versa). I suppose it is possible that this is some kind of line which supports or tethers the object and that it was blurred in a third party application. Merely conjecture though.

The second is a rather famous image which has been analyzed and published in various magazines and books over the years. From my recollections, it has yet to be debunked and the general conclusion was that the object was actually present in the original photograph. The jury is still out on whether the object itself was a cleverly designed hoax creation though.

The third looks incredibly fake. The lights look like a product of Photoshop's glow filter.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Im still not sure why or how anyone can analyze photos that have CLEARLY already been thru editing software. What we are seeing are not raw images untouched. Everyone is trying to analyze manipulated photos.
edit on October 7th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

If you go to the error level analysis link it tells you how it works

It works by resaving an image at a known quality, and comparing that to the original image. As a jpeg image is resaved over and over again, its image quality decreases. When we resave an image and compare it to the original, we can guess just how many times the image has been resaved. If an image has not been manipulated, all parts of the image should have been saved an equal amount of times. If parts of the image are from different source files, they may have been saved a number of different times, and thus they will stand out as a different colour in the ELA test

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Someone mentioned a picture with a line through it, the old picture that is kind of faded. that picture is from 1965. im surprised the pic looks that good from being taken 45 years ago. maybe that explins the line.

here is some info about that picture.

1965-Tulsa, Oklahoma. A large wave of UFO sightings occurred in 1965 in the U. S. From coast to coast strange low flying flying objects were reported almost nightly by people of all ages and walks of life. As the year progressed, the number of reports rose dramatically. On the night of August 2, 1965 thousands of people in 4 midwestern states witnessed spectacular aerial displays by large formations of UFOs. That same night a multicolored disc was photographed in Tulsa, Oklahoma while several persons watched it perform low altitude maneuvers. This picture was extensively analyzed, pronounced authentic, and later published by Life magazine.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonUK
I have just realized the third picture is also your avatar... Use photoshop much?

Phil

ive messed with it before but i have my friend do all of my photoshop stuff. i tell him what to edit and he edits. he knows everything about that kind of stuff lol. hes majoring in photography anfd video.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Dave,

Is this a sure method of finding out if a picture is manipulated?

Can this be trusted?

thanks,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join