It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Netanyahu backs Jewish loyalty oath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Israel's Netanyahu backs Jewish loyalty oath

www.bbc.co.uk

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has re-introduced a proposal to require any non-Jew taking Israeli citizenship to swear allegiance to Israel as a "Jewish and democratic state".

The proposal has angered Israel's Arab minority, which makes up 20% of Israel's population.

Labour party ministers, who also oppose the bill, say they expect a new freeze on settlement building as a payoff.

This is a key Palestinian demand in the current peace talks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Now I thought that Israel was supposed to be a secular state? Now they want to make non-Jews seeking citizenship to swear allegiance to Israel as a Jewish state?

Beyond the face of it, they are then making Palestinians and Arabs alike basically swear against and deny their whole argument. I have always hear pro-Zionists cite the the Israeli Arabs in their arguments and this proposal basically negates that whole argument.

With that being said, I feel that this is simply a way to stifle any kind of peace, because I as I always say, the current conflict only benefits Zionism. Peace would not benefit Zionism and the current influences that are in control of Israel. As long as there is conflict, Israel can terrorize the Palestinians, whether it be by bomb, eviction, destruction, discrimination, abuse, denial, settlement, checkpoints or any of the plethora of acts committed against the Palestinians in their campaign for a complete Jewish and whole Jewish Israel.

--airspoon

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join