It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Partiers ‘Comfortable With White Privilege,’ Liberal Analyst Claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by projectvxn

why not take out the federal reserve first?

Because we will ALL wake up the next day completely BANKRUPT

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

remember hudson from the movie aliens?

.............." in case you havent been paying attention to current events........we're ALREADY bankrupt..."
edit on 7-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Agreed. Taking out the Fed would destroy the economy. We need to either reform the Fed, or phase it out over a decade or so.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

There is none. But a shared thread is not what we have had the past ten years and Libertarians and Republicans know that. The Republicans were taken over by Neocons posing as conservatives and left a lot of true republicans hanging out to dry. That's why you see the Tea party going after republicans too.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
reply to post by tiger5

I don't think they think they're something new. As long as I've been alive (since 1983) there have been people whose chief political complaint is expanding government.

What's new about them is being organized chiefly around this issue as opposed to other "neocon" issues (I would argue that neocon has nothing to do with shrinking government, but whatever).

edit on 7-10-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Except the Tea Party members really aren't against expanding government. They are against it expanding in ways they don't like. If the government decided to create an evangelist re-education department that would make religious classes required for all non evangelists, they would support every dollar spent on it.

Pure tripe !!! No one in their right mind would support anything of the like.Do you have any idea when a government gets to big? When it touches nearly every aspect of your daily life,that's when it's to big...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by xEphon

There is none. But a shared thread is not what we have had the past ten years and Libertarians and Republicans know that. The Republicans were taken over by Neocons posing as conservatives and left a lot of true republicans hanging out to dry. That's why you see the Tea party going after republicans too.

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but you do realize there are a lot of libertarians who would accuse both Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck of being neocons...check out pretty much any post about them on dailypaul.com.
So, we have a movement that is anti neocon being guest speakered by neocons...well supposedly.
Now you can being to understand my confusion over the current Tea Party movement.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Believe me when I say this. I don't like it either. I'm not as harsh on Beck(I don't think he's a neo-con) But Palin sure is, and her political war-machine is childish at best.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Pure tripe !!! Do you have any idea when a government gets to big?

So again, where was the Tea Party for the last three decades???

I think the other guys point was valid, the TP members at large sat around here and voted for Bush's agenda twice. So what has changed??? The talk, that has changed

So are you guys going to say anything when the next conservative president does the same things that all conservative presidents do and have done.

You guys are not, its gonna be business as usual, with the pro corporate agenda ramped up -

Government has been too big -
edit on 7-10-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I sure will.

My posts here stand as proof of that.

I don't care if you're liberal, conservative or whatever. Follow the Constitution or you're out.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Pure tripe !!! Do you have any idea when a government gets to big?

So again, where was the Tea Party for the last three decades???

I think the other guys point was valid, the TP members at large sat around here and voted for Bush's agenda twice. So what has changed??? The talk, that has changed

So are you guys going to say anything when the next conservative president does the same things that all conservative presidents do and have done.

You guys are not, its gonna be business as usual, with the pro corporate agenda ramped up -

Government has been too big -
edit on 7-10-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Way to paint with a broad brush buddy !! I was bitching about the direction of this country when George the 1st was in office. I can't help the fact that it has taken so long for the general public to catch on to the scam.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

their goal is to destroy that party so they can stay in power

I actually laughed out loud at this statement. If the Tea Party were a legitimate threat to the paradigm of the Left-Right duality you constantly post about, they wouldn't be allowed to exist. The Democrats and Republicans may be great at hurling invective at each other across the aisle and in political ads, but they're best buddies behind the scenes. The Tea Party was manufactured by the current power structure, of which both parties are a part. To try and dissect it further by saying that the Democrats (or the Left, or whatever you feel like calling them) are trying to destroy them in order to stay in power is absurd.

Here are the scenarios:

1. The Dems will retain their current level of power in the midterm elections, in which case both sides (and therefore the current power structure as a whole) benefit. The Dems stay in power, the Repubs get the benefit of being the underdog party and will start gaining favor with the masses because we never ever like the people in charge. It's like the 2006 election season, but reversed.

2. The Republicans gain significant ground in the midterm elections, in which case both sides benefit. The Dems can continue to blame the Repubs for not getting anything done. The Repubs can start blaming the Dems for not getting anything done. The masses are too busy watching the fingers being pointed to realize that they're coming from hands that are attached to the same body.

3. The Tea Party gains ground in the midterm elections, in which case both sides benefit. They'll caucus with the Repubs and vote down Repub party lines. Eventually, they'll be assimilate back into the fictitious Right to some degree. Essentially no different scenario #2, just looks different to the masses who can't tell that Product B is just Product A in a new box.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss... a two party system is a function of our type of electoral. It just that the two parties have learned that they can keep all the perks of staying in power if they work together instead of against each other. It's why they all go to the same colleges, play golf at the same country clubs, and take vacations on the same beaches. It's like the cartoon with the sheep dog and the coyote. They try to kill each other at work, and then clock out and head out for a beer together after work. If you keep crying about the Left Wing being the party of hate without ever taking a critical look at the other side, you'll just keep on being part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I want to like the Tea Party- I do. That's because I like Ron Paul so much and know a lot of Ron Paul supporters originally were among the first tea partiers.
That was then.

That said, ok, now - right now - that's where we are in time.

If the tea party is so very intelligent, how do you explain the top 3 leaders being Palin, Odonnell and 'let that family's house burn down' Beck?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

what is absurd is the denial that the teaparty isnt a legitmate threat
what is absurd is your denial that the left and i say the left because they are the powers that be in this country right now and they are the ones who are attacking the teaparty movement at every chance they get....

anytime you attack anyone or anything you are in essence giving them legitimacy...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by iterationzero

what is absurd is the denial that the teaparty isnt a legitmate threat
what is absurd is your denial that the left and i say the left because they are the powers that be in this country right now and they are the ones who are attacking the teaparty movement at every chance they get....

anytime you attack anyone or anything you are in essence giving them legitimacy...

How can they be a legitimate threat when they're a product of the current power structure and having their strings pulled from behind the scenes by the same people that currently hold power in this country i.e. the Democrats and the Republicans? They are a creation of the ruling elite, which consists of both parties, not just one. You keep acting like somehow the "Left" and "Right" aren't all part of the same apparatus. Are you really that brainwashed that you believe those two sides aren't working in constant concert to make sure they remain in power?

And you're wrong - attacking them does not give them legitimacy, it gives the appearance of legitimacy. Do you take everything you see at face value, or do you for the deeper significance? Because if you think the Tea Party isn't just a ruse to keep the country believing in the "Left"/"Right" paradigm in order to make sure the ruling class stays the ruling class, you've already lost the game.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
once again it's the liberals making this a race issue and not the tea partiers, which by the way have been almost completely co-opted by this point anyways so I really don't know why everyone is so obsessed with the tea party movement. They had their day in the sun when they tried to get Ron Paul elected president.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would like to post on the article in the OP, but my post would be too long.
The article is race baiting, period.
My post is the OP ( in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ) in it I try to educate people on those really behind racism and what they get out of it. It shows why the left print these types of articles and how they benefit from "stirring the pot" so to speak. Be warned, It is rather long.

P.S.- I do not wish to high jack this thread so please do not respond to the other. I just wanted to use it as a reference.
Thank you,
Quadrivium
edit on 7-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: type-o

top topics

<< 1   >>

join