It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campbell's Soup Goes Halal With Approval From Hamas-linked ISNA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

ISNA has admitted ties to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. So why is Campbell's Soup rushing to do its bidding?
"M-M-Muslim Brotherhood Good?," from Scaramouche, October 5 (thanks to Kathy Shaidle):

Campbell's Soup Canada is about to go halal.
No biggie, right? Wrong. It is doing so under the auspices of the Islamic Society of North America, a Wahhabi-funded racket that is said to have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood....

JihadWatch

Keep them away from my greasy burger!

The Islamization continues, now good old fashioned American made products are a target.

Pretty soon, Mickey Mouse will turn into this guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is no biggie. Halal is the way food is prepared. It changes the product little. I do mean little and for the better actually. The businesses are check periodically to see whether the product is being prepared according to their standards. Same as Kosher foods. I don't see a problem here, you're actually getting a slightly better product.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Aren't Halal and Kosher foods supposed to be better for you? I think I read that ...
If I could still eat soup .. tomato was my favorite .. I wouldn't mind it being Halal.

I understand your concern about the market 'going muslim'. Bending over too far ??
Perhaps it's a good business move. Perhaps they know what the future market will be.
Perhaps they are appeasing the gator with hopes it'll bite them last.

Dunno. But I'd like my soup to be kosher or Halal ... better for ya'.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
S&F. Thank you for pointing this out......don't forget the other companies mentioned.
I will not spend another dime on any of their products........

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well Halal and Kosher are not diets. There laws for what foods to eat in Judaism and Islam. Basically they're pretty much the same or identical.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

But isn't it in the way the food is prepared or something? I'm under the impresson that the way the foods are prepared .. the way the animals are treated prior to the slaughter .. the germs involved .. all of that makes Halal (and Kosher) more healthy???

Hey .. I used to like kosher pickles MUCH more than the regular ones .. mmmmm

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I make homemade soups and stews and sauces,
two

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow thanks for this OP, this is really kinda interesting...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well here's a more in depth article from wikipedia.
Kosher
To me Kosher style of food was copied from the Muslims.
Also here's a hilarious video about what is Kosher?
A Kosher Episode

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Aren't Halal and Kosher foods supposed to be better for you? I think I read that ...
If I could still eat soup .. tomato was my favorite .. I wouldn't mind it being Halal.

I understand your concern about the market 'going muslim'. Bending over too far ??
Perhaps it's a good business move. Perhaps they know what the future market will be.
Perhaps they are appeasing the gator with hopes it'll bite them last.

Dunno. But I'd like my soup to be kosher or Halal ... better for ya'.

While I am sure they are better for us, I am more opposed to the labeling of the label because it is a pre-cursor to a much bigger deal.
Why not improve the quality of the product and anounce it in a different way?
Answer- it's a marketing strategy. They know what's coming and they are preparing by attracting their next major base early.

Ok, I myself try not to eat eat pork anymore.
Stuff like catfish and shell fish I rarely consume because I know that stuff is nasty.
The Old Testament warns us and makes it clear to stay away from these types of foods, and ironically Science has confirmed why these foods are not recommended for human consumption.

Besides, given that Kosher and Halal are basically the same thing, why not label the soup Kosher instead?

Answer, because it is a gradual thing that is being unleashed on us without most of us even being aware of what is going on.

Pretty soon the little Campbell Soup kids will be wearing burkas and stuff, just wait for that commercial.

..mark that!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

To me Kosher style of food was copied from the Muslims.

or vice versa

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What a twist? Saw fan are we?
It's easy to tell that Islam copied Judaism more then Christianity.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's easy to tell that Islam copied Judaism more then Christianity.

I don't get your point but Islam and Judaism are Old Testament and Christianity is New Testament.
I sure hope you knew that.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Pretty soon the little Campbell Soup kids will be wearing burkas and stuff, just wait for that commercial.

..mark that!

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Making their soup Halal means that it's more inclusive to other people. They aren't going to go as far as to alienate their major market.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Inclusive to other people?
That's even more ridiculous.

That's the same mentality that believes "all people" will be welcomed at the "community center".

How would you define "inclusive" when elements of Hamas were involved in this decision?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yes. Inclusive to other people.

1) Campbells is increasing their market reach with this. Just like going kosher (and I'm 100% certain you have certified kosher food somewhere in your house) making halal products simply means that campbells will now sell to the growing community of Muslim buyers.

2) Campbell's products lose nothing in the change. Seriously, so long as they're not trying to claim Bean & Bacon is halal, there's not going to be any product blowback.

3) The only people "injured" by this are racists and islamophobes such as yourself. And I can't speak for campbells in particular, but I can't think of any household-name company that wants to be associated with that demographic.

Win for campbells, win for consumers, lose for people nobody gives a damn about anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't think that GMO foods are Halal. If the FDA has banned foods from being labled Non -GMO then pointing out it is Halal in a clever end run around that ruling.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What are you referring to? Muslims believe in Jesus and even John The Baptist. On the other hand they try to make themselves as followers of traditional ways.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

What are you referring to? Muslims believe in Jesus and even John The Baptist. On the other hand they try to make themselves as followers of traditional ways.

Sure they believe in Jesus but not as the Messiah.
Islam is older than Christianity, so why would you even comment about copying Christian traditions when obviously it doesn't.
Islam believes in an eye for an eye, and not turning the other cheek.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No Islam is newer. Trust me! A neighbor next to present day Mecca was a Christian which offered protection to Muhammad and the new Muslims.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join