It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close encounters with furious UFO believers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wednesday, October 6, 2010

With the possible exception of columns on the correct way to hang toilet paper (tail dangling from the back) and the correct way to make a peanut butter-and-jelly sandwich (spread peanut butter first), nothing I've written has garnered as much reaction as last's week column about the UFO press conference I attended.

The e-mail has not been kind.

"Were you always a fool?" wrote Gabe. "Or did you recently just become one?"

Someone who signed his message "A friend" wrote: "You smug, shallow, myopic [expletive]. I grew up in Wyoming and have personally seen UFOs. They are quite real. Do some research and stop being a skeptical windbag. You know nothing."

That was nice compared with what Anders had to say: "You are a cynical, uninformed and slow person. You should not be so keen to 'dis' people's versions of events such as these, especially when you are coming off as a smug, self-satisfied plumper who only likes to make light fun of things he refuses to entertain in his little brain (and probably told to generally dismiss by his bosses), whilst stuffing his pudgy little face with trans-fats.

"Enjoy your sleep, corporate clown."

www.washingtonpost.com...

No surprise that mainstream media will make a joke out of this conference or anything to do with the UFO subject, it has always been this way and always will be, nothing will change until the day UFO;s land in mass on the White House lawn and even then no one will believe it.

The reaction from some believers is also over the top, by sending nasty emails and decrying those who write about it doesn't help their cause in the least, the writer on the other hand more then likely knows nothing of the topic and has not done any serious research himself, another armchair reporter in my opinion, giving him the benefit of the doubt for a minute, maybe he does know something about it or has had his own sightings but won't admit it because he thinks it may make him look like a fool. Who knows what motivates people.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4ac3859ae7f.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the original article that is being responded to from September 27, 2010

UFO visits to nuclear facilities? Hmmmm

The cookies they serve at press conferences at the National Press Club are the same as the cookies we have in meetings here at The Post. I happen to like these cookies, and so as I cabbed it to the press club Monday I told myself that if the next couple of hours turned out to be a complete bust - if I remained unconvinced by the presentation on how UFOs have been systematically hovering over our country's nuclear missiles and occasionally disabling them, perhaps as a warning to humankind, perhaps as part of some sort of intergalactic anthropology project - I would at least be able to cadge some tasty baked goods.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Closed by request of OP.

new topics

join