It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cause of Mass Honeybee Die-Off Found by team of Army and Entomologists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You have NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that the intentions are hostile.

actually you do not know what kind of proof I have sir.

and did you read the document? did you not see the word "attack"?

edit on 7-10-2010 by invisiblevisible because: have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblevisible

Why are you equating experiments done decades ago with what's currently going on.

Are you psychotic or something?

Show us the proof.

I you fail to do so, I will assume you are like all the rest who have come before and made such claims.

You have none.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

To the person living by a military testing area, there are millions of bees that have been affected, not just the ones close to military sites

really? i wasn't aware of that. I thought this was only happening in my own special little world.

let me state the obvious. Military testing is Global. not just in my backyard.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually you have no proof whatsoever they are doing anything to us now, clandestine or not. Makes the point of quibbling about the hostile question moot.

I live in a city sprayed in 1957 (before my time). I researched it when the news was released. The area sprayed included the elementary school I went to. It was a traceable non-toxic, non-pathogenic, inert chemical. Equating that such tests were done in the past with the certainty they are being done today is jumping to a conclusion for which you have no proof.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
you will get more proof than you can handle. all in due time. and not all from me.

try not to assume either
it's incompatible with proof.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Woa now, I think you should research this subject before making the claim that there's no proof. I've looked up into the sky for years and have seen the evidence with my own two eyes. WTH do you think those planes are doing going in circles like that? Spraying is certainly going on. The question is: WHY?

There's several books on the issue of what has been sprayed in the past. Mycoplasma was sprayed several times, both in the states and in Canada. Many people were ill from this. I don't think you've done enough homework on the matter.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblevisible

That's what I thought.

You've got nothing!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Equating that such tests were done in the past with the certainty they are being done today is jumping to a conclusion

can you honestly say that you think there is no testing going on today? i know you can't say that.

i know thorns prick when you rub against them.
i know you have overlooked the words "weapons" and "attack"

but i do respect your skepticism.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illegal Alien
Thanks for posting.
Do you know if there are any known remedies for this?

Monsanto !!!! I have no doubt will have their hand in this solution. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblevisible
so an Army’s Chemical Biological Center is involved in this study

The Army itself is actually very responsible for killing off bees and it has everything to do with Chemical weapons and Biological Weapons TESTING. Aerosol Operations and DEW's play a huge role in bee deaths as well. also dont forget the Radio Spectrum.

I say this because I am near a testing area and I also have sick bees right in my backyard.
I see a direct correlation between dying bees and the US Military agenda.
edit on 7-10-2010 by invisiblevisible because: mispell

edit on 7-10-2010 by invisiblevisible because: mispell x2

correct. I happen to know the DoD is preparing to combat Killer Bees coming from South America. they did some low-level local experiments to find the right vurus/fungus combo.

there is also some concern that terrorists might utilize bees a la the X-Files plan (using to pollinate plants to spread the black oil virus, e.g.).

the Obama administration has cracked down hard on flying insects since the incident early in his presidency when a fly interrupted an interview.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
WTH do you think those planes are doing going in circles like that? Spraying is certainly going on. The question is: WHY?

I have a theory on that. Spraying creates a dome of chemicals that cause alien craft to malfunction as it enters our atmosphere. Kinda like what happens when you run your vehicle in deep water, it stalls and dies. UFO then crashes, more Gov retrievals, more stolen technology. more profits for the war machine. Spraying does not occur over oceans as a retrieval would be impossible on the ocean floor at great depths. Have you noticed the last couple of years, most all UFO sightings can be attributed to man-made craft instead of ET craft? Our man-made craft are immune. It is a defensive mechanism for mankind which makes a profit in return. but that's just my theory.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thanks for posting.

"viral disease..currently manageable only by culling"
beekeepers have to destroy the sick, infested hives

beekeeping is very expensive:
dedicated beekeepers burn hives that are severely infected
which entails replacing with brand new hive boxes (not cheap)

'further research... urgently required"

The two above statements in quotes are from the original research article itself.

In other words, they have no answers.

Beekeepers have always had to deal with varroa mites, nosema, etc.
This article is basically just saying that it is a combination of two factors that they believe is causing the demise.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

Thanks for posting.

Monsanto !!!! I have no doubt will have their hand in this solution. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Actually, Illegal: in my opinion you are totally correct. You see, NO ONE is even willing to name MONSANTO's genetic manipulation of seeds as the prime culprit.

I suggest the bees natural immune system is totally compromised from feeding on pollen from genetically
engineered crops.

A lot of Monsanto's seeds have BT (bacillus thurengieses) incorporated into the seed itself.
If bacillus thurengieses will kill the cabbage looper and the corn borer: how much more will it affect
the natural immune system of the little ole' honeybee.
The bees are picking this stuff up because it is in the pollen of genetically engineered crops.

But no one wants to do a 'study' on that.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Viruses are notoriously hard to combat - and this one is a newly discovered DNA based one that may make fighting it that much more tricky.

This DNA bit struck a chord with me.
Ruling out all the other possible causes, perhaps there could be a connection with genetically modified crops?
I don't know anything about this stuff. Just a shot in the dark.
Does anyone know if both things started around the same time?

Edit to add.

Oops!
I didn't read to the end of the thread before replying.
edit on 7-10-2010 by Illegal Alien because: To add an Oops.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I BELIEVE the true answer may be the GMO plants Mosanto has created. They have many varieties of plants now that create their own pestiside. You are more than welcome to look this up for yourself. Simply do a search for Monsanto sugar beets. It would seem to me that if you create something that kills bugs, it would NOT differentiate between a harmful bug or a beneficial one.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Find colonies where the queen survives.

Open up experimental bee farms in indoor facilities, and infect them.

Most die. Some don't.

Breed the ones that don't die.

Repeat.

They are bugs. They don't have 20 year fertility spans. With the right combination of hormones, you might even be able to trigger the queens to develop faster than normal speeding the process.

You don't need to find a cure. You need to find the one's who can survive and get them making more queens.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Now this interests me, has interested me, and will continue to attract my interest.

Thanks for creating this post. It is good to know that there are other people out there who understand

the significance of this issue. To be honest though, I'm not quite convinced that the culprit(s)? has been

arrested as of yet. I think there is a good deal more to this than meets the eye.

S&F

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You are correct. In fact, this has been the method used to for some years now. A steady infusion of the
strongest and most desirable characteristic traits into the gene pool. And yet, even considering all the effort,
the species is on the brink of the Endangered Species List in my opinion.

I am starting a hive of my own next spring using "The Top Bar" Method. I suggest you and every other concerned
member do the same.

I have everything I need to get started except the Bee's, which I will order soon. I am having difficulty choosing a
Supplier. The most durable appear to be possibly "Africanized." Unfortunately, they are hostile as well.

At any rate, Cheers to your logical thoughts.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The hive collapses happened over such a wide area in such a short time period. The virus could not have spread that fast. Must have been the result of an organic pesticide reaction from something recent, widespread and common.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join