It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government withholding key data on Gulf seafood testing, scientists say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Gulf states not following consistent protocol, despite government claims

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and FDA officials maintain they've provided results of ongoing Gulf seafood safety tests with the utmost transparency. But outside scientists, eager to perform independent evaluations of the government's findings, complain the information released contains far too many unknown variables that preclude peer review.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/554447f5fa76.jpg[/atsimg]

This doesn't surprise me in the least, seeing how the government has an apparent history of lying to the American people in the name of "good-business" and the all-mighty dollar. Remember lower-Manhattan just after the 9/11 attacks. where the Bush admin suppressed the air-quality reports? What's really scary about this, is that seafood from the Gulf is being spread across the whole country and even to other parts of the world.

If this is true (and I don't doubt that it is), then this is obviously a criminal offense, however going from histroy, those committed the crime are likely to be promoted and awarded instead of repremanded or prosecuted. What a shame!

--airspoon

edit on 7-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I had this same feeling about the seafood situation. It is highly unlikely that all traces of oil is gone from the life in the ocean after this massive spill. What boggles my mind is why they just don't say something, tell people to give it up for a while. So the people lose/save a few bucks. People are safe. It is almost like the government just doesn't give a sh**.

of course that is the case.
Luckily for me, i do not eat fish!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I believe the government does not care about the seafood in the gulf. Why? Simple... Because we are now moving from gas to electric vehicles. There is going to be a point in time when the government will not be able to rely on petroleum tax dollars in the future. So, BP and the government have each others back... NUTRECO! British Petroleums billion dollar seafood company that specializes in fish farms. Angling is the last hunter gatherer skill human use to support and feed themselves in this nation; hunting game is more or less a sport anymore. Big business is not stupid and they are about to totally control the world food supply to make up for that oil money.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, OP. I hate to say this, but I think not only can we NOT trust govt. reports that say a particular seafood is "safe," we shouldn't trust the fishermen or the companies they work for that make such claims either. After all, it is their livelihood. Once they make any admission that any seafood they've acquired is tainted by the oil, even if it only is a possibility and not confirmed, they will suffer for it in loss of profit and lack of customer confidence in their product.

Personally, I don't see, given the extent of the oil spill (gusher) and the fact that it went on so long, how we can be sure anytime in the near future that ANY of our seafood is "safe." This thing will have far reaching negative results for a long time to come.

Frankly, I recently gave up seafood all together because I think it's silly to assume any of it is safe at this point. Some might think that's an over-reaction, but I don't. We can't trust our government to protect us, and I'm afraid we can't trust our food industry either. Neither have had a stellar showing in the credibility department for quite a while.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

But outside scientists, eager to perform independent evaluations of the government's findings, complain the information released contains far too many unknown variables that preclude peer review.

That statement alone should be of concern to everyone in the country.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Seafood still needs to meet FDA standards though.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The seafood is not safe, how could it be? Not only the chemical stew that our gulf has become but add in the fact of all the bacteria that is forming from all the dead sea life that was sunk. There is no way you can refute the science of dead things breaking down and releasing gases and deadly bacteria.
The honest fishermen are not fishing, they know. They would not sell anything that they wouldn't feed their family. They are the ones who are suffering as well as the oil workers. I know the deep coastal south is a hard place to understand, many of the areas have been settled for 400yrs or more. These families have worked the waters for untold generations. Some of the groups that have formed in the wake of this disaster would love to be able to track the health of the few people that have visited the area. We are making progress though and God bless Kindra she has been literally on the front lines since the beginning. Her house is the closest residence to the explosion.
Please support these brave souls they have put their lives on the line to get the truth out. Not asking for financial support although it is needed badly for many families, just asking for your prayers. Despite rumors many of these families have not recieved a dime.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i think government should set up a completed law for the safety of seafood.then we can eat without worry

top topics

join