It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan 9 Levels of Consciousness-Entering 9th and Final Cycle Feb 10, 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I literally have no clue as to where you got your information on the galaxy being in the millions of years of age, but currently, NASA Scientists have theorized that the age of our galaxy is 13.7 Billion years old(Sounds a bit close to the Mayans who predicted it to be 16.4 Billion years old, so much for the "many orders of magnitude greater than what is accepted" comment).

Looking for proof?

Here ya go: Ask An Astrophysicist-Whats the age of the Milky way?

Need more?

Space.com-Age of Milky Way Galaxy

Age of the Universe?
Wiki-Age of the Universe

So much for being off......

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther101

The monument that "dates" the universe at 16.4 billion years actually places the age of the universe in the trillion range. I have already detailed this earlier in this thread. Calleman simply chose to only accept the first nine numbers of the date, when in truth it extends up to 17 numbers. So, anyone who claims that the Mayans placed the date of universe at 16.4 billion years is ignoring very clear evidence on the monument that the Mayans believed the universe to be trillions of years old.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I literally have no clue as to where you got your information on the galaxy being in the millions of years of age

The reason is that I never said that. Your entire post is based on a mistake you've made and only you can figure that out.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Interesting that Mayans state what is interpreted as 9 levels of consciousness. I read the Quaran in part recently and noticed a similar message that stated god had made 9 levels of a ceiling above us before we could reach heaven, or something to that extent. I need to find that section and compare.

Please try to find that info, might be a great find and comparison! In the mean time, i will perform my own research. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Unfortunately there is no mention of 9 levels of consciousness in Mayan iconography. This is based off a misinterpretation of a monument in Tortuguero. In truth, the Mayans didn't even believe in multiple levels of the afterlife.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Unfortunately there is no mention of 9 levels of consciousness in Mayan iconography. This is based off a misinterpretation of a monument in Tortuguero. In truth, the Mayans didn't even believe in multiple levels of the afterlife.

Well according to Mayadiscovery.com, which is ran by Organización Tips S.A. de C.V, a tourist company that gives tours of the Mayan ruins throughout Mexico, The Maya definitely believed in both the Nine Levels of the Underworld(which had 9 different Lords who ran each level) and Thirteen Gods of the Sky who were in constant war with the 9 Lords of the Underworld. In which the Maya's sacrificial ceremonies were derived specifically to keep the Gods of the Sky happy.

Offerings and sacrifices must be made to appease the malignant gods and to keep the benevolent deities happy, so that they will continue to shower humanity with their gifts

Mayadiscovery.com-Underworld

Please provide proof to back up your comments. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

My source is “Dante’s heritage: questioning the multi-layered model of the Mesoamerican universe” by Jesper Neilsen and Toke Reunert from volume 83 number 320 of the academic journal Antiquity. Their research shows that the multitiered cosmology of the Mesoamerican culture is in fact a post-Colonial creation and a European-Aztec hyrbid. Classic period architecture and writing makes no reference to a multitiered cosmology. Unfortunately, you need an account to get the full article, but here is the abstract.

Source

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Their research shows that the multitiered cosmology of the Mesoamerican culture is in fact a post-Colonial creation and a European-Aztec hyrbid.

Did you seriously just post a source that claims the Mayans civilization is based on Dante's 9 levels? This is absolutely ABSURD!

It is typical arrogant western thinking like this that is main culprit for why we continue to live in tyranny and oppression. Give me a break, seriously.

9 levels of consciousness can be found throughout eastern teachings and philosophy, so I will agree that it may not be the Mayans who created it, but they certainly adapted it.

This reminds me of those ole' Brittish chaps who also arragontly proclaimed the Egyptian Pyramids to be tombs in the 1920's. Good for a laugh but hardly truth worthy.

Truther,

Excellent thread my friend!!! One only needs to look in the current world we live in to recognize the 9 levels of consciousness.

The one I found most astounding is the 8th underworld or also known as the period of "ETHICS". Pretty ironic if you as me.

Not sure if you've ever seen this quick video, but it an excellent representation of the Mayan civilization.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

The basis for the nine levels of consciousness comes from Carl Calleman. Calleman based this off of the belief that the nine levels of the Mayan underworld were in fact representing nine levels of consciousness. As I have already shown the Mayans did not actually believe in a multi-layered universe, thus the complete basis for the Mayans believing in nine levels of consciousness is completely false. Furthermore, the dates that Calleman used as the changes in consciousness were based off a monument that dates the beginning of the universe trillions of years ago, not 16.4 billion years, like he claims. There is absolutely nothing to the Mayan belief in nine levels of consciousness as any true scholar in the field will tell you.

Also, if you had actually read my post you would realize that I was trying to show what the Mayans actually believed. There is no reference to nine levels of the underworld until after the colonization of America by Europeans. All Classic period depictions of the universe depict the underworld as a single level. This is obvious if you had ever actually studied the works of the Mayan culture and not opted to blindly believe the charlatans cashing in on 2012. Just read the creation myth Popol Wuj, this clearly shows that the Mayans believed in one single level of the underworld.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to the abstract. I believe I can get access tot hat article at the local university. I'll have to see if I can get a copy and read it.

I am not surprised that one culture's model was imposed on another culture's thinking. It's a natural thing to do in attempting to learn about another culture or a means of subjugating another culture. I'm sure there are other reasons as well. I'd like to see what these researchers have to say.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Thanks!! Crazy vid!!! Will definitely add that to my collection
Also, im with you on the 8th Level, especially with the events that have been occurring that match the days and nights of this last cycle!

Note: Ironically, the last day begins on my birthday

edit on 21-10-2010 by Truther101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Di you ever figure out what you were thinking about when you made the claim that I said something about millions of years and galaxies?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Di you ever figure out what you were thinking about when you made the claim that I said something about millions of years and galaxies?

Nope, reiterate please

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't understand why some people automatically reject information like this when dates are involved. The dates are the proof.

If what he says happens when he says, he is genuine.

If it doesn't, then he's another Blossom. Simple really.

People like to say that he's right or wrong because they are wannabe prophets themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I literally have no clue as to where you got your information on the galaxy being in the millions of years of age, but currently, NASA Scientists have theorized that the age of our galaxy is 13.7 Billion years old(Sounds a bit close to the Mayans who predicted it to be 16.4 Billion years old, so much for the "many orders of magnitude greater than what is accepted" comment).

This is your post from the top of page 4.

I have "literally no clue" where you got this crazy idea I made such a statement.

Do you have any idea how you became so confused as to write the post?

All I can figure is that you posted to the wrong thread although you did make the post a reply to one of my posts that does mention galaxies, but the sun and not the age of the sun, but the predicted life time of the sun.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Why wait and see and when the claims themselves are patently false? Otherwise, all we'd have to do is place a date in a ridiculous claim and put that date out 20 years and tell everyone to sit backand wait.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

This is your post from the top of page 4.

I have "literally no clue" where you got this crazy idea I made such a statement.

Do you have any idea how you became so confused as to write the post?

All I can figure is that you posted to the wrong thread although you did make the post a reply to one of my posts that does mention galaxies, but the sun and not the age of the sun, but the predicted life time of the sun.

I did post to the right thread, and to clarify my confusion, we have been debating the supposed Maya's theory on creation being 16.4 Billion years ago, and them being "magnitudes of greatness" off. When (after now re-reading your post multiple times, in which i thought you were talking about the age of the Galaxy),you jumped into talking about a movie about a time machine in reference to the age of the Sun, in which no where i mention anything about the Maya referring to the age of the sun, or scientists having it wrong.Therefore, my post including proof on the age of the galaxy and not the age of the Sun.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by NuclearPaul

Why wait and see and when the claims themselves are patently false? Otherwise, all we'd have to do is place a date in a ridiculous claim and put that date out 20 years and tell everyone to sit backand wait.

The problem here is that he matches precise dates of when each cycle begins with events that have occurred in the PAST, and uses those to assist with his theory of events that are to come in the FUTURE.

Cultural Consciousness: Day 7= 10,308BC Great Library of Alexandria Commenced

National Consciousness: Day 1= Menes founded Egypt

Planetary Consciousness: Day 1=The industrial Revolution started in Europe; Day 4=1874-1894 Rockefeller, Carnegie, Westinghouse, J.P. Morgan flouted Law. 1913: e=mc2, 1924: Hubble Deep Space Telescope; Day 7=1992, www.com

Galactic Consciousness: Day 1= Y2K Fears

Its all there, you just need to read and research to prove his claims. Unless hes making all the above dates up?

edit on 22-10-2010 by Truther101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I did post to the right thread, and to clarify my confusion, we have been debating the supposed Maya's theory on creation being 16.4 Billion years ago, and them being "magnitudes of greatness" off. When (after now re-reading your post multiple times, in which i thought you were talking about the age of the Galaxy),you jumped into talking about a movie about a time machine in reference to the age of the Sun, in which no where i mention anything about the Maya referring to the age of the sun, or scientists having it wrong.Therefore, my post including proof on the age of the galaxy and not the age of the Sun.

I see. You did not read my post or understand it at all.

It's about a book. There were no movies in 1895. The post is about changes in scientific understanding of the world around us. It is a discussion of how science adjusts to new findings.

The post was written to help you understand what science means by a theory and how theories change over time. Here is what you wrote in an earlier post and it shows clearly that these are issues you need clarified, because your statement is dead wrong.

when what is currently accepted is still a theory and changes almost every year!

The following sentence makes it rather clear that I was discussing a book, not a movie.

The value changed quite a bit just after the Time Machine was written by HG Wells.

What is interesting here is that the book discussions scientific predictions about astronomical issues at an important cusp in the development of astronomical theories.

Let me reiterate these important issues that seem to be lost on you.

The earlier theory and the new theory are based on facts. These facts are used to make predictions. Predictions are tested. Evidence is amassed for and against a theory.

These other ideas or speculations you propose are not theories. They don't meet the basic notions of what a theory is.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Those dates are so ludicrous it isn't even funny.

Cultural Consciousness: Day 7= 10,308BC Great Library of Alexandria Commenced

That places the founding of the library thousands of years before writing is invented.

Galactic Consciousness: Day 1= Y2K Fears

What does this mean? There have been many more important claims of disaster. In 2000 there were 3 different claims of disaster none of which happened. Disasters have been predicted for almost every year in the last 30 years.

Its all there, you just need to read and research to prove his claims. Unless hes making all the above dates up?

I'm laughing. This shoehorning is so trite. Before you shoehorn dates into a preposterous organization you need to verify that the original claims are true. They are not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join