It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Phil Hare (D) Explains the 13.3 Trillion dollar national debt is a myth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think this man went here drunk. How on earth he can say that the debt is a myth? If this is an example of how Dems think, it helps explain the mess we are in. I actually wonder if they read the speeches they make before hand, or if it's just off the cuff idiocy.

"And we will see a terrible price that we will pay years down the road for letting our children down when they need us the absolute most. I'm not going to be part of that, so every minute that I have here is going to be spent debunking the myth that this country's in debt and we just can't spend. "

boortz.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
LOL

That's one for my blog.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It is an illusion. Money, power, freedoms! All of them are illusions just as our National Debt is an illusion.

If you buy a car, the moment you drive away it has lost its value, but if you buy a house it is suppose to "Grow, Grow, Grow" making the market inflated and bloated with people thinking they are "Rich, Rich, Rich". Only a small window of marketability was available that enabled things such as the Dot.com Lottery and the Real Estate Nest-Egg to even exist. Prior to this houses were affordable for all levels of life, now they have to trick you into the market so that they can continue the illusion of growth. Zero down, just sign here!

America relies on Home Sales as its GDP! How insane is that, because eventually only foreigners will be able to purchase homes and land and we might as well hand over the Keys. Ridiculous!

I feel sorry for the Rich, the Powerful, and the Spoiled, because soon they will all be like the rest of us and then they will be singing the words, "it is all an illusion". Yeah tell us something we don't know and how does it feel to know that it was of your own making!

Then they notice the noose that is around their necks!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i have seen a few places over the years make such a statement. never a rep. from how I understand it, taxes bring in a certain amount of money, and out of that money, the govs will put aside a percentage of income, for spending. lets say, 40%. which means they put the 60% away in a bank.
then throughout the year they spend a little more than the 40% they allowed for spending, so they then claim they are in debt because they spent more than intended, not more than they have.

it doesnt make alot of sense, but then again, does anything about money make a whole lotta sense?

i wouldnt be suprised if they have been hoarding money.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Rep. Phil Hare stating he doesn't care about the constitution.
???

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Interesting theory, however, if they are secreting away 60%, why are we borrowing money from China? I'm sure some of the money does end up places we have no idea of. However, until we can audit the fed I think we'll just continue to be in the dark.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Ummmm the debt IS a MYTH BECAUSE MONEY IS A MYTH!!! It is not backed by anything of value!!! I thought we covered this in like thousands of threads. Banks print money which is nothing but paper it has absolutely no worth in reality because all that is backing it is debt, which is incongruous and totally absurd...sheesh!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool this is a bit funny but is sad as hell

this dude is well a complete moron

and apparently the left and obama think the national debt is a myth or why else would they keep spending.........

but if this guys right all the leftists in america owe george w bush an apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this reminds me of that representative that thought guam was going to tip over

pay attention people we have nothing but idiots as congressman
edit on 8-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join