It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Writes Note on Special Needs Student's Arm for Parent (& in Black Magic Marker)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The teacher should have called the parents and not stuck that on the childs arm.
It was totally uncalled for, unnecessary, and inappropriate.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

It is inappropriate for sure. Its the automatic assumption that punishment is wrong. At the same time though, special needs children need some discipline too. Though not as rigorous and maybe more lenient depending on the child, they can understand that there are rules that must be obeyed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

As I responded to ET though unconventional and inappropriate, its not as bad. Its a marker really. I had marker fights as a kid and yes there should be consequences for the teachers aid but your really making a big deal over a small incident that should be handled by the school district. its not very news worthy. A small misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

most sensible way to deal with this.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First: a teacher's aide is not a teacher. Let's not overlook the education requirements for the job, here. It's typically a just above minimum wage position and does not require a degree of any sort. Having said that, generally the position does require some form of experience working with kids and as a special needs classroom aide, experience working with that demographic.

The aide used poor judgment and I'm not surprised she may lose her job. Poor judgment in a special needs classroom (esp.) on a minor issue leads to what (?) when judgment is needed on a major issue? If she can't be trusted, toss her and find someone who is reliable.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'd have rushed at that teacher with a permanent marker and wrote WHAT!!!?? on her forehead if she did that to any of mine. Very disrespectful and lacking in common sense if you ask me. Definitely in the wrong job.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join