It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign corporate money financing Republican candidates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yes, we all know that after the the Supreme Court’s ruling in Citizens United V. Federal Election Commission would open the door for foreign meddling in U.S. elections, but guess who are the ones benefiting from this ruling the most.

Yes you got it, Republican candidates, the shocking numbers of foreign companies money going into Republican candidates can not be hidden anymore.

Exclusive: Foreign-Funded ‘U.S.’ Chamber Of Commerce Running Partisan Attack Ads, because the Chamber of Commerce doesn't have to expose its donors, millions of dollars are been funneled to Republican candidates campaign against American voters.

thinkprogress.org...

This money is to support candidates that are pro outsourcing of American companies and jobs oversea and cheap labor promoters.

Most of the money are coming from nations that are not even very friendly to the US like Islamic countries, it seems that the Chamber of commerce is wagging a war against the voters and tax payer in the nation.

– The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has created a large presence in the small, oil-rich country of Bahrain. In 2006, the Chamber created a local affiliate called the “U.S.-Bahrain Business Council” (USBBC), an organization to help businesses in Bahrain take advantage of the Chamber’s “network of government and business relationships in the US and worldwide.” As the USBBC’s bylaws state, it is not an actual separate entity, rather it is simply an office of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s 501(c)(6) trade association. Many of the USBBC’s board members are Bahrainian, including Aluminum Bahrain, Gulf Air, Midal Cables, the Nass Group, Bahrain Maritime & Mercantile International, the Bahrain Petroleum Company (state-owned), Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company

The donors from oversea rich oil countries contribute to the Chamber of commerce with millions so far.

While I am not backing any political party right now, because obvious corruption, this should be an eye opener for those that are siding with political parties, next time you look at a political candidate from your political party just remember who are financing their political career and who they are going to benefit over you the voters and tax payer of this nation.

The Democracy is Strengthened by Casting Light on Spending in Elections, or DISCLOSE Act, was a response to the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United.

The DISCLOSE Act would seek to close the loopholes created by Citizens United by banning electioneering by any corporation when foreign nationals control 20 percent or more of the voting shares, a majority of the board of directors are foreign nationals, or if a foreign national runs the U.S. subsidiary.

Because Democrats are finding that they are in disadvantage on this one as this private money is benefiting Republicans they are now trying to launch a disclosure act, but perhaps this time to littler too late

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
come on now

do you honestly think then democrats have money foreign money going to them??

ever heard of george soros? the majority of what he invests in is foreign and he and others like him donate to the democrats.......

not to mention are they really at a disadvantage? they got the unions not to mention others

prime example of democrat funding was the one nation rally paid for by democrats.

it would have been nice to make a thread calling both sides out this aint just one side its both......

hell foreign money got obama elected..........meh

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just did a thread about this yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I guess the donations Obama got through no name prepaid cards were all from Amrican citizens?
It happens on both sides and it's pretty funny the left would even bring it up.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Let's not forget the Chinese financing of Clinton in the 90's.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

thanks man its BOTH sides.........

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

thanks man its BOTH sides.........

I agree...although I think it's worse on the Republican side. At least a decent portion of Democrats aren't constantly pushing for...and often fight against....more tax cuts for large corporations.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I agree...although I think it's worse on the Republican side. At least a decent portion of Democrats aren't constantly pushing for...and often fight against....more tax cuts for large corporations.

Are you familiar with economics? There is a rule (should be a law, like Newton's third) "All costs are bourne by the consumer.".

That's it plain and simple. If you raise taxes on corporations, they just raise their prices. It accomplishes exactly nothing. It just sounds good at press confrences.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We are for the freedom and Liberty to sell America out if we want to

What a joke - where is TTP on this???

Oh ya, cheerin silently
edit on 7-10-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am sorry I could not find your thread on the search.

Now as for political parties, that is why I say that I don't back any parties because obvious corruption, but we know that while demorats are for big unions, Republirats are for corporations.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

The OP did say:

"While I am not backing any political party right now, because obvious corruption, this should be an eye opener for those that are siding with political parties, next time you look at a political candidate from your political party just remember who are financing their political career and who they are going to benefit over you the voters and tax payer of this nation. "

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Well said. I lean left on many issues, but I agree with most economic policy on the right. I would, however, be all right with seeing some real penalties for corps who break the rules or cause disasters. Help the corrupt businesses get out of town. Call it a tax, whatever.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sadly as the general elections are heading our way, we are going to see an new circus in town when lobbyist from foreign countries will start to take hold in Washington looking for political whores to buy.

America the great has lost its identity and we the voters have allow this to happen, we are the only ones to blame.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sort of like how foreign corporate and private money financed Obama in 2008...and will again in 2012.

OP fail.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tetrahedron

Sorry to bring this to you but I trust on longer our own political system in the US, Obama will be a one time president and God forbid who is the next corporate puppet to take his place.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Nice try.

From Factcheck.org

As we reported last week in an Ask FactCheck item on this subject, the claim that money from foreign corporations is funding Chamber of Commerce
attack ads originated with a Democratic-leaning organization headed by John Podesta, former chief of staff for President Bill Clinton.
That report noted that the chamber took in foreign dues and then said that the chamber is "likely skirting longstanding campaign finance law" against foreign spending in U.S. elections. The word "likely" made clear the author was engaging in speculation,

From
The Atlantic Wire

Democratic leaders in the House and Senate criticizing GOP groups for allegedly funneling foreign money into campaign ads have seen their party raise more than $1 million from political action committees affiliated with foreign companies.
House and Senate Democrats have received approximately $1.02 million this cycle from such PACs, according to an analysis compiled for The Hill by the Center for Responsive Politics. House and Senate GOP leaders have taken almost $510,000 from PACs on the same list.

and from the New York Times, Oct. 8:

[T]here is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual, according to both liberal and conservative election-law lawyers and campaign finance documents. In fact, the controversy over the Chamber of Commerce financing may say more about the Washington spin cycle — where an Internet blog posting can be quickly picked up by like-minded groups and become political fodder for the president himself — than it does about the vagaries of campaign finance.

Of course, if Thinkprogress.org says something,
we must take it at face value.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Are you familiar with economics? There is a rule (should be a law, like Newton's third) "All costs are bourne by the consumer.".

That's it plain and simple. If you raise taxes on corporations, they just raise their prices. It accomplishes exactly nothing. It just sounds good at press confrences.

That's not a rule. I am familiar with economics. Check out the price elasticity of supply and demand.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

What do expect that our corrupted corporate whores in Washington are ever going to tell from where their dirty campaign money comes from? when was the last time you have seen an honest politician in this nation, nerveless an honest elite political party.

They all take dirty money and are under somebody's corporate payroll under the table, or they would be working for the people no against the people.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What do expect that our corrupted corporate whores in Washington are ever going to tell from where their dirty campaign money comes from?
when was the last time you have seen an honest politician in this nation, nerveless an honest elite political party.
They all take dirty money and are under somebody's corporate payroll under the table, or they would be working for the people no against the people.

Not a word of disagreement on that, Marg.

Now-a-days, the only people who don't have a lobbyist working on their behalf are the voter's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join