It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president thanks Pope for condemning Koran threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Source

He wrote a letter to him thanking him for speaking out on the burning of the Qur'an. Apparently he wants to work with the pope on other issues...

I'm all for people getting together and helping each other fight tyrany for world peace... Maybe the pope and the catholic church is not someone you want to side with just right now? Considering the bad reputation this group has gained over the last few years....

Just saying... Any thoughts?

Magnum

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You got a link to this?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I am going to assume the link is the highlighted word "source" just a thought.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I never warmed up to Ratzinger being Pope.
He traveled to Turkey and did that whole bow to mecca thing while in a Mosque.
That was NOT a Christian thing to do.
Islam and Christianity don't worship the same God .. not even close.
And his bowing did nothing to help the Christians who are in peril in Muslim countries.
The persecution didn't stop. The perps just got emboldened by his show of weakness.

Flame away. But I'm not big on euro-centric Ratzinger ...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It's the word Source at the top...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow, this indeed does involve a bit of though....i shall follow up to this post

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
Source

He wrote a letter to him thanking him for speaking out on the burning of the Qur'an. Apparently he wants to work with the pope on other issues...

I'm all for people getting together and helping each other fight tyrany for world peace... Maybe the pope and the catholic church is not someone you want to side with just right now? Considering the bad reputation this group has gained over the last few years....

Just saying... Any thoughts?

Magnum

Maybe he wants to suggest ways that both faiths could exist in peace, or maybe he wants to merge both faiths and call the resulting religion Mustianity?

I know my response is a wee bit flippant, but nowadays you never know what crazy things the people in power will come up with.

Rev

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I never warmed up to Ratzinger being Pope.
He traveled to Turkey and did that whole bow to mecca thing while in a Mosque.
That was NOT a Christian thing to do.
Islam and Christianity don't worship the same God .. not even close.
And his bowing did nothing to help the Christians who are in peril in Muslim countries.
The persecution didn't stop. The perps just got emboldened by his show of weakness.

Flame away. But I'm not big on euro-centric Ratzinger ...

What is the Christian thing to do? I bet it involves death and condemnation to all those that believe differently? Wait that sounds familiar.

To be fair it hasn't helped the Muslims who are in peril in Christian countries either. Also I didn't know the Pope was supposed to be a figure that acts "tough." Though that would explain the mentality during the crusades. Further proof that religion is a danger to us all.

top topics

join