It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bridge, Shafts and Structures visible on Dione (Saturn moon) NASA photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
From September 3, 2010, posted September 7, 2010, Cassini Equinox Mission:

NASA’s Cassini spacecraft obtained this image of Saturn’s moon Dione on Sept. 3, 2010. The camera was pointing toward Dione at approximately 39,789 kilometers (24,724 miles) away.

Dione Raw Image III, Sept. 3, 2010

For better clarity, I opened this image and resized the resolution from 72 to 2000.
Then I resized the 2000 resolution enhanced image by 600%.
Notice the darker crater fairly centered in the image.

There is a bridge and what looks like shoots to the left reaching well outside the crater to the edge of the image. These are also found in the lighter crater.

Also, on the left edge of the picture from mid frame down there are more of these with multiple level extensions that seem unsupported leaving the main elevation shaft of the structure(s).

There are other anomalies and artifacts as well.

Here is a enlarged crop of the area.
Pic credit: NASA

Direct Enhanced Image link
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b874a5a31115.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: add link to image upload

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry I don't see a bridge or shoots. It looks like naturally occurring geographic phenomena. The same or at least similar "structures" can be seen in the larger, more well lit, crater to the left. Besides, do you really think NASA would let something as obvious as a bridge remain in a picture? What reason would there be for a bridge in this location anyhow?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why do people post this stuff?

There is nothing in the picture.
Nothing unusual for ATS though.

Original author is obviously grasping for publicity.
OP must be looking for my anti-star.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I'm sorry I don't see a bridge or shoots. It looks like naturally occurring geographic phenomena. The same or at least similar "structures" can be seen in the larger, more well lit, crater to the left. Besides, do you really think NASA would let something as obvious as a bridge remain in a picture? What reason would there be for a bridge in this location anyhow?

If you regard this as naturally occuring, what then in nature would create such a spanning structure?

As to why?
If I knew this, I would be closer to discovering the secrets of the universe.
Possible it is mining shafts, enclosed transportation tubes such as those on Mars.

I just don't see anything natural about this.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
Why do people post this stuff?

There is nothing in the picture.
Nothing unusual for ATS though.

Original author is obviously grasping for publicity.
OP must be looking for my anti-star.

So did you view the entire image and see the rise on right (not in embedded view)?

You too feel this is natural?

I disagree and would like to hear your opinion on what this is.
edit on 7-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: right repace left (the other right)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

I just don't see anything natural about this.

Perhaps you should visit an optometrist prior to decoding any more anomalies.
This is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

You too feel this is natural?

I disagree and would like to hear your opinion on what this is.
edit on 7-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: right repace left (the other right)

Question 1) Absolutely natural

Question 2) Nothing, it's bs, Natural formation.

I'm not just putting my foot down on all photos, as the tunnels on mars are good photos showing valid anomalies.
This is like looking at a pile of dirt, and seeing a city.

So since you can see the emperors clothes, could you circle your structures so at least we can see exactly what got your attention. I really have good eyes, and I don't see the cloths.
edit on 7-10-2010 by SLaPPiE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Whether "blurry" or not, you don't find it odd that there are elevated strands running along this moon, some disappearing into caves or the ground?

Perhaps you think these anomalies are erected by meteor impacts rather than constructed?

What could it be? a new Wonka taffy candy exclusively stretched on Dione?
Blurry does not tell me what you think these are.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wind erosion
Water erosion
Chemical erosion

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
Wind erosion
Water erosion
Chemical erosion

So the wind just whip down inside this crator and carves out a stretch of highway, tube, tunnel?

I don't think so. I'd rather think the crater would act as a wind break.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

OK, so the picture above is your bridge? Then what is the picture below? What is the difference between these two images aside from the angles of the so called "bridges"? Why am I able to find several more "structures" in the same image, just like the one you point out in the above picture? The same "structure" appears several times naturally across the surface of this moon. It is seen repeatedly albeit not EXACTLY the same as your image, the other structures are pretty dang close.

I think these phenomena can be attributed to stellar debris, the lack of atmosphere and the rotation of Dione. (If it rotates) On top of this, the angle of the light reaching Dione casts a shadow on the backsides of the grooves you so desperately want to be bridges and intelligently built structures. All of this contributes to the hard to see illusion that you have created. I could be wrong, it could be something else totally natural and scientific, but these are definitely not intelligently made bridges, or shafts, or shoots, or space tubes, or anything you want to call them. Below is an image of what I think you are seeing a part of. I connected the two "structures" or "anomalies", as you would like to call them, with a red line. As you can see, this bridge of yours extends down the surface of the moon for quite some way; along with it are several other similar "structures". Nothing special here folks. Move along.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

stellar debris

Well I guess that could be the same as saying

"it could be anything"
and desperately is not an attribute of what I want to see
It is an adverb you use to describe the manner you wish to debunk the obvious.

I would think that stellar debris would also create 90 degree corners, star shapes, structures and mechanical equipment.

But, as it is, this is just one of many NASA photos showing intelligent design.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Ok, please show me any of the geometric shapes you have mentioned.
Please answer the questions being posed to you by everyone else.
Please explain to me how this same "anomaly" riddles the landscape of the photograph and none of them resemble anything artificial.
Please explain to me the reason you posted this and asked us for our opinions if you refuse to accept anything aside from your quasi-belief.
Please show me a picture of an artificial structure that has a resemblance to the ones you are trying to point out in this NASA picture.

Edit-And saying Stellar Debris does not imply that it could be anything.. It implies that it could be any body floating through space that happened collide or drag itself across the surface. It could be particles of any kind swept across the surface via solar wind or whatever.

Saying that these are bridges and shoots, is a bit more far fetched and a lot closer to saying "it could be anything". This phenomena occurs all through space.

edit on 7-10-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: added a line.

edit on 7-10-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: added a line.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I agree with everyone else; you can see this type of formation on plenty of photographs. Also, as far as your "enhancements" go, you need to learn a few things about digital photography. Taking a 72 dpi photo and bringing the resolution to 2000 dpi will not enhance the quality. The only thing this can do is create errors. The only possible way to get a better resolution is to start with an original photo of higher resolution. This photo's resolution was brought down for the screen. By enhancing the resolution, you only succeeded in creating digital artifacts. Your photo is useless and can not show anything of value.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
And spans are common in geology. Look up Monument Valley or Zion Natural park. Lots of spans, no alien aid needed. Just wind and water.

And I have to agree with the other posters so far, blowing up a picture that much makes it absolutely useless. A pixel can hold only so much inforrmation, which given the size apparent in the OP pix, would be so large that an of the structures you claim would be gigantic, and more obvious at greater resolution.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Another believer going to absurd lengths to see things that aren't there.
Please, these anamoly threads are just ridiculous.
1: AS USUAL there is no scale. Is the area we see 100 feet or 1000 miles?
2: NASA is constantly accused of both covering "aliens" up, yet releasing pictures of "anomolies" and UFO's at the same time. Which is it?
There is no structure. You are simply seeing what you want to see!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looking at the larger picture, there are ridges running left to right all across the image. This one stands out more to you because it's in the dark crater and the contrast attracts the eye. It's the same feature that is visible in the other crater and all across the area to the left of the dark crater. These are just ridges catching the light.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croda
Looking at the larger picture, there are ridges running left to right all across the image. This one stands out more to you because it's in the dark crater and the contrast attracts the eye. It's the same feature that is visible in the other crater and all across the area to the left of the dark crater. These are just ridges catching the light.

As much as I want to believe it is there...I am inclined to agree with Croda

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There is a bridge and what looks like shoots to the left reaching well outside the crater to the edge of the image. These are also found in the lighter crater.

Ok so you should probably get a job with the NSA or CIA or some other alphabet agency as a satellite photo analyst, because if you can truly and definitively determine that is a bridge from looking at a crappy and not to mention (conspiracy theory cliched blurry photo), your talents are being wasted.

I don't understand why a person would choose to JUMP to conclusions while looking at inadequate photos to begin with. Does someone really need to debunk you, really?
edit on 7-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good find - these images of cassini show a lot of artifacts and anomalies.

They are deliberately feeding us these images and its a very positive sign to see people scanning them and posting their finds.

Thanks

edit on 7-10-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join