It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Depot donates $1M to military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Retailer Home Depot Inc. is donating $1 million in tools and materials to support the U.S. military in Iraq.

Home improvement retailer ships eight trailers of tools and supplies to support efforts in Iraq.

The company said it is sending eight truck trailers to the military, filled with 100,000 tools and materials, including shovels, table saws, concrete mixers, safety scaffolding, power generators, light bulbs and jackhammers. The donated goods left San Diego on Thursday.

Earlier this year, the company also donated $1 million, as well as a million volunteer hours by its employees, to help military families repair and maintain their homes while a family member is deployed. The company said it has more than 1,800 employees currently serving in the military effort. It has about 300,000 employees nationwide.

money.cnn.com... nn=yes

Who says "big businesses" don't care. While it's true that most don't, it's nice to see that at least one does.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hey I think that's pretty good of Home Depot. Good for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly...Home Depot is a success because of America...its good to seem them give something back....

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Its not a selfless act. Im sure they are getting a huge tax write off. It is a nice jester.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
True with the tax write off....but yes...still a nice thought...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its not a selfless act. Im sure they are getting a huge tax write off. It is a nice jester.

Sure it's a tax write off, but wouldn't you do the same if you were a business and could...

1. help your country

2. get a "huge" tax write off for doing so

3. free adverstisement in the news for doing so and looking good in the publics eye ?

I know that I would

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would, I was tring to point out that its not a selfless act.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is great! Home Depot will be getting more of my business in the future.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
A lot of businesses tend to donate to private organizations while Home Depot makes it more public. Not Only has Home Depot helped out in the past with Families with members in the Military, but they also have helped out Tornado and Hurricane Victims as well.

It does put a crunch on the employees though, while helping out families.

top topics

join